PL_Getty -- Everyone please get involved!!

Like such as the NIPPER
Dr.Boo

Re: PL_Getty -- Everyone please get involved!!

Post by Dr.Boo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:30 am

If you need textures from scratch, let me know.
joe wrote:what's it like, being stupid? try to describe it for us please
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:09 pm

if you need a playtest contact me on steam and be all
BITCH GET IN HERE IT'S GETTY TIME MUTHAFUCKA YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
then I'll probably be like "k"
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:16 am

wow that looks awesome. i hope it doesn't lag everyone though.

Also, I dont quite understand the purpose of the track switch. I thought It might fuck up red team for building in the wrong place...But it looks like the switch is actually for the next map. If one map is harder or easier to defend, shouldn't the red team be able to hit the switch too? Why would blue team want to push the cart on a map that's easier to defend?

anyways, the WIP picks look awesome. will this be the new rooftime for j2?
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 am

lol not sure if itll be the next rooftime, they said that about arches. partaking to your question, whichever ending event blu chooses, itll be equally challenging for both teams. its almost a matter of preference. Plus, yes, I do want blu the ability to give a fatal strategy blow to red by switching the tracks last second, this means engie stacking can be thwarted till atleast after the switch. I havent decided how many rounds will be needed to cover the entire getty, but it seems like only one at the moment, possibly 3 if we split up the events.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:47 am

I think you'd find some really good inspiration from de_museum (CS:S, not 1.6 version). The author of that did some really good work integrating custom models.
STEAM_0:0:2611885
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

thanks.

So I made a button to toggle alternate tracks & it crashed when I shot it. I imagine because of the payload map rules but unless some else can get me a fix, no more dual path option.

Hey, if anything it just means more for the skybox
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 am

Yatta made a simple test map with a payload changing tracks.
I lost the source, but you can still poke it:
http://www.joe.to/~avvatar/TurnTableTest.7z
Assuming that map is what I think it is (I'm too lazy to start TF2 and verify)
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:59 am

Alright, so I hate to be that guy who revives a thread from three years ago, but what ever happened to this project? I see some cool screenshots, but I'm 99% sure this map never made it onto the server.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:09 am

Eviltechie wrote:Alright, so I hate to be that guy who revives a thread from three years ago, but what ever happened to this project? I see some cool screenshots, but I'm 99% sure this map never made it onto the server.
My motherboard and a hard drive fried 2 & a 1/2 years ago from a lightning strike. I've had an APC since then but sadly this map was close enough to test before I lost it entirely. Unless I managed to send it to Yatta or someone else for review, this will have to get re-made.
MegapiemanPHD

Post by MegapiemanPHD » Thu May 09, 2013 10:45 pm

Where you planning on making both indoor and outdoor areas just like how they are at the real place or only was the map only going to take place outside?
And all the girlies say i'm pretty fly (for a white pie)
Pocatello

Post by Pocatello » Fri May 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Wow.

I just noticed this thread. Sorry to hear about the lightning strike.

I love the Getty Center. What a great museum. I think I had more fun outside walking the grounds and checking out the gardens. It is an amazing place. Put it on your bucket list, or get your ass over there now. Free admission... you just pay to park your vehicle.
-----------
TF2 name: Durka Durka Durka
-----------
Avvatar wrote:I know who you're talking about, Adam. But also cannot remember his name for the life of me. I want to say Pocatello but I'm nearly positive that's me misspelling the name of some other admin with poor grammar.
Parasyte wrote:I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.