TTT map ideas

Like such as the NIPPER
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

TTT map ideas

Post by Eviltechie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:53 am

Seeing as TTT is so popular right now, I think I should make a map for it.

I'm fresh out of ideas though. I like mechanical things, with complex contraptions. No way I will be making houses or anything like that. It's just too much work trying to cram everything together.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

koko
[citation needed]

Re: TTT map ideas

Post by koko » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:55 am

a tank make it crazy

idea stolen from nipper
CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:50 am

I like places where there are lots of props, places to fall, and rooms for the traitors to kill in secret or hide bodies. Nipper's clue and nipperhouse, and cs_office are great ttt maps.
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:14 am

maybe say what TTT is?
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee

Post by Eviltechie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:29 am

Basically there are a bunch of people and a few traitors. The traitors have to kill the people, and the people have to kill the traitors. The people don't know who the traitors are though.

http://ttt.badking.net/

As for my map, I think it's going to be a missile silo. The innocent terrorists will have to load a warhead into the rocket, fuel it, and then launch it while the traitors will prevent them from doing so.
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.

Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 am

(eviltechie beat me, but my summary is a lot larger ><)

TTT, for nipper and those who don't know, is a Garrysmod.. mod.. called Trouble in Terrorist Town. Basically, every round a traitor (or traitors if there are 8+ ppl) is picked randomly within the group of players. Only the traitors know who the traitors are. If all the terrorists die (aside from him and the other traitors) the traitor team wins- if all of the traitors die, the innocent terrorists win. The traitor looks just like everyone else except he can buy traitor specific items, such as a one time use knife that instant kills. Also, when someone dies, the scoreboard does not update it until the body has been found (by pressing E on it) so at any point in time, people could have been killed and you have no idea.

When you're a traitor, the game revolves around deception and subtlety, trying to get people alone and kill them, trying to gain trust, trying to accuse others so that the innocent people begin murdering each other, etc. etc.

As an innocent, it's best to be careful who you trust and always watch your back- never be alone in a room with someone and be sure to let everyone know when you are via mic or text (so that way, if they find your body they know who the last person you saw was).

There's more to the game, but that's the jist of it. It's tons of fun when you have light hearted people who don't take it really seriously, otherwise people will just whine when you kill them as an innocent due to only a suspicion.

I'd hope to see an official joe.to garrysmod server go up soon as I have had mine up for only a few days and we have already had a few new people joining the tf2 server and forums because of it. Since garrysmod is a very server-specific game due to plugins, admins, and game modes (for lack of a better phrase) people are more likely to become regulars- and then go on to check out the forums and other community servers. (probably isn't the right location for all this but w/e)

As for map ideas... I think light switches (like in clue) are an awesome addition to the game- I like dark places, and lots of rooms like stickbeast said. Make sure you have props for people to posses (when they die) and if not multiple floors of a building, just many different unique areas would be cool.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee

Post by Eviltechie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:41 am

I decompiled the episode two map with the missile silo in it. It's a little cramped for TTT though, so I might just open it up a bit.

Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:24 am

Eviltechie wrote:I decompiled
Cut that shit out. Cut it out right now.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee

Post by Eviltechie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Avvatar wrote:
Eviltechie wrote:I decompiled
Cut that shit out. Cut it out right now.
Beat you too it. I started over. The silo was too cramped, and too laggy.

Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:38 pm

For those who want to take regular maps and play TTT on them, you're going to have to re-arm them and place weapons/ammo around the map, seeing as how theres no buy-zones in TTT.

http://ttt.badking.net/rearm-guide

Also, I brought up TTT maps to nipper 3 weeks ago, he never responded but if he responds now.. well fuck that guy!
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee

Post by Eviltechie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Basically my map will involve the terrorists loading, fueling, and launching a nuclear missile, while the traitors must prevent that. It even features a seven story elevator.

koko
[citation needed]

Post by koko » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:14 pm

nipper gave the ok to rearm his maps to some dude that asked a while ago
CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?
Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Eviltechie wrote:Basically my map will involve the terrorists loading, fueling, and launching a nuclear missile, while the traitors must prevent that. It even features a seven story elevator.
Sounds like the enclave map, where they have to search the map for gas cans to fill up an escape boat to get off the island.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee

Post by Eviltechie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Bloodkraze wrote:
Eviltechie wrote:Basically my map will involve the terrorists loading, fueling, and launching a nuclear missile, while the traitors must prevent that. It even features a seven story elevator.
Sounds like the enclave map, where they have to search the map for gas cans to fill up an escape boat to get off the island.
I love that map. It actually gives you something to do rather than just hang around for somebody to stab you.

You can bargain with the gas cans too. To prove your innocence, hide a gas can and say you will pull it out when the rest are collected.