Nippermaps errors

Like such as the NIPPER
lqhnybear
Xfire: hnybear

Nippermaps errors

Post by lqhnybear » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:23 am

I am a long time lover of Nippers work, the maps are amazing.

I currently run a CSS, GG5.1 server and use several nipper maps on the server as fun maps, like:

blahhh
ahhh_b3
nippers_opus
de_westwood

I have noticed on a few of the maps that it gives a ton of console errors about various textures etc and on maps like de_westwood the dust cloud in the street is a visual nightmare. Below is an example of some errors I see. Is there a way for me to fix this myself or would it require Nipper recompiling the maps? I'd love to keep these maps on my server but in the state they're in now it's more headache then it's worth.

Code: Select all

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/CS_militia/trees1.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/CS_militia/trees1.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_inferno/cactus.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_inferno/cactus2.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_inferno/cactus.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_inferno/cactus2.mdl)
mR.MouseR

Re: Nippermaps errors

Post by mR.MouseR » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:30 am

He has better things to do than fix maps probably, just sayin.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:06 am

thanks for posting lqhnybear! hopefully he can help you out. we love his maps too!
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Code: Select all

this isn't that big of a deal and can be ignored, it's a rookie mistake but it shouldn't cause any problems.
the dust in westwood.... I have no idea, it always looks fine to me. I think it's a video setting thing or another case of "valve changed the behavior of this entity after I released the map".
lqhnybear

Post by lqhnybear » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:43 pm

That's just an example of the errors. There's tons of them. Errors with floor textures using invalid shaders, etc etc etc. I can post more. de_westwood is pretty much unplayable because of the awkward dust effect in the middle of the street, blahhh has the floor missing and and effects missing or maybe it was ahhh.... lol Anyway you get the idea. I can post all the errors from each map if you like.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:59 pm

I agree with westwood - that map is very popular among gmod TTT, and the dust particles are so thick and bright, it's ridiculous...

Valves fault, again.
lqhnybear

Post by lqhnybear » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:31 pm

KoD wrote:I agree with westwood - that map is very popular among gmod TTT, and the dust particles are so thick and bright, it's ridiculous...

Valves fault, again.
Yep valve is a bunch of R-Tards! lol
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:03 pm

yeah they changed something with the dustcloud entity. it used to be a lot more subtle.

fixing stuff like that is a never ending problem, something gets broken in one of my maps every time they update the game. I don't play CSS anymore so I have no interest in fixing that stuff.
lqhnybear

Post by lqhnybear » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:27 pm

I'll donate $5 per map if you do it. I'm a broke ass sorry I can't offer more. I'm only really worried about the paintball maps and dustwood. :)
prolix

Post by prolix » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:51 pm

they changed the dustcloud entity with the update to de_dust and dust2's dust entity's - it's too bright on those maps too tbh - not a westwood only thing