Making a 1.6 map for the first time in 5-6 years...

Like such as the NIPPER
EasterEggs

Making a 1.6 map for the first time in 5-6 years...

Post by EasterEggs » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Actually, playing CS1.6 for the first time in 5-6 years but that's beside the point...

I'm aware of the countless HL1/CS1.6 sites that cover mapping, but after spending hours today scouring google it seems like 90% if not more of those sites are completely gone (i actually didn't expect this for some reason.. guess i'm naive or it's just the pure nostalgia).

Oh and there seriously deleted the entire VALVE-ERC? WTF. Just found this out.

Anyway.. basically i don't remember alot of stuff when it comes down to specifics, and i know for a fact SOME of this stuff wasn't covered for HL1 mapping even way back in the day when all those sites were still active.

Things i DO remember:

func_rotating - Stops working (visually) after 1 round but continues working physically
func_grencatch - Only works for 1 round
func_pushable - Works but is glitchy, if you press "E" as if to activate the entity ingame you go flying across the map... (EXAMPLE: fun_zone by nipper - you go flying if you press E on the crates by the water pool)
func_conveyor - IIRC this was either always broken or glitchy.. could be wrong on this one

Anyway.. not to bug with questions but alot of these guides from 2003 just don't cover everything.

I guess i'm just asking for any old tips/tricks/glitches people remember, possibly things you could only find out through trial and error OR endless google searches. And if there are any other broken/dead/single player only entities that should simply be not used or avoided.

Thanks for any help.
If i ever post something on the message boards, i'm referring to Counter-Strike 1.6
reaper4172

Re: Making a 1.6 map for the first time in 5-6 years...

Post by reaper4172 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Well If you need any help I still map for 1.6, I can always answer questions.
<1.6 mapper>
reaper
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:09 am

Don't carve.

This thread sucks.
If you have a question, fucking ask it. If you don't, don't come here expecting someone to type up the entire contents of every resource you wish still existed.
EasterEggs

Post by EasterEggs » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Why the hostility?

I thought these were pretty direct questions despite the lack of actual question marks:

I guess i'm just asking for any old tips/tricks/glitches people remember, possibly things you could only find out through trial and error OR endless google searches. And if there are any other broken/dead/single player only entities that should simply be not used or avoided.

Nevermind then.
If i ever post something on the message boards, i'm referring to Counter-Strike 1.6
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:51 pm

"pretty direct"? Rofl.