New Abstract map in the works

Like such as the NIPPER
Malone

Re: New Abstract map in the works

Post by Malone » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:19 am

ehlohel wrote:In a previous abstract map thread, NIPPER said to the author that he's following "the abstract map guidelines" (paraphrased), which is to say that while what you've done isn't bad, it isn't entirely unique either. Keep it up, but try to change the dynamic of abstract maps as a whole. Do something no one's done/thought of before.
Thanks for the feedback. I added several new rooms based on some dreams I had. I'll post screen after school
Malone

Post by Malone » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:18 pm

I thought I'd show you some more of my map now that the brushwork in certain areas.

This is a weird rotating red goo tube...

A submarine captain's room. The wheel is supposed to trigger a flooding event of sorts but I can't get it to realistically turn with the way it's slanted

And lastly, a forest area.

There are some more rooms but since they aren't as complete I'll leave their screens for later when they don't look like complete shit.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:46 am

Looks pretty neat dude. I'd play that shit.
Malone

Post by Malone » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:30 pm

I am having a problem with complaining where when the game launches, Both teams are "full" even though I am the only one there. It seems to be caused by the "seizure death room" that I created. The log seems to give word about an error finding portalsides or something like that. The interlopers log check site wasn't much help... Does anyone here know what causes this error?

If this is any help, The error occurred after I built a small box shaped room that's disconnected from the main map, accessible by teleport only. In the room there is an ambient_generic, a trigger_hurt, and some lights.
SuperPotato

Post by SuperPotato » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Malone wrote:I thought I'd show you some more of my map now that the brushwork in certain areas.

A submarine captain's room. The wheel is supposed to trigger a flooding event of sorts but I can't get it to realistically turn with the way it's slanted
Might I suggest maybe parenting the wheel to a func_door which opens on map start and never goes back? That way, you could set it up to initially use whatever axis is needed and be able to rotate properly since the rotation axis is local, and not global.
Malone

Post by Malone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 pm

I've been quiet about this lately (mostly because everything is going good so far) but I want to get a piano model out of another game. How do I go about this? Is just copying the model and it's vtfs/vmts from the game gcf and bzpzipping it into my map enough? Do I need to edit the vmts to point to my own model folder?
Malone

Post by Malone » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:49 pm

has anyone ever experienced this? Sometimes after visiting one part of my map, the other half just wont be there the next round. I went to one of the bombsites during one round, and then planted the bomb, it exploded, blah blah blah. But then the next round, I went to go to the other side of my map where the other bombsite should be, and it just isn't there. None of the brushwork/entities have been rendered.