joe.to forums

online gaming community



It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:15 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 am 
 It was inevitable.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:55 pm
Posts: 6913
Location: Narshe
This is the creative hub of this cooking website! Share your favorite recipes and help others with theirs!

ANY OFF TOPIC POSTS WILL BE MOVED TO THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL (formally forum dumping grounds).

_________________
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:58 pm
Posts: 143
Location: New England
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:24895978
I'm pretty sure this counts as cooking

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:27 am
Posts: 2095

_________________
Quote:
12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:34 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 8:49 pm
Posts: 10680
fuck you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 1107
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:38506974
Yo I'm tired of buying lunch from restaurants every day, that shit's expensive. What's something that's easy to make, can be easily stored in a backpack, and can be eaten in like a library?

_________________
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:27 am
Posts: 2095
do you have access to at least a microwave or toaster oven?
cuz if not then you're really probably limited to sandwiches, or other cold foods like hardboiled eggs or salads, or snacks (fruits, cheeses, granola bars, yogurts whatever)

_________________
Quote:
12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:17 pm 
 It was inevitable.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:55 pm
Posts: 6913
Location: Narshe
Sanvich Hoovy wrote:
Yo I'm tired of buying lunch from restaurants every day, that shit's expensive. What's something that's easy to make, can be easily stored in a backpack, and can be eaten in like a library?

rice
viewtopic.php?f=163&t=73794

_________________
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 1107
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:38506974
Waterbear wrote:
do you have access to at least a microwave or toaster oven?
cuz if not then you're really probably limited to sandwiches, or other cold foods like hardboiled eggs or salads, or snacks (fruits, cheeses, granola bars, yogurts whatever)

I've got a microwave, and there's a communal kitchen in our building but I don't like making ~10 trips to carry stuff down the hall to cook, so I only use it to make dinner.

_________________
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:27 am
Posts: 2095
ah so its like a dorm situation? Things that could help if you have the money/space: Slowcooker (even a small one), minifridge, hot plate, ricecooker (or one of the microwave rice cookers work too)

Slowcookers are great cuz you can cook like 2+ meals worth (depending on the size, mine was teeny in college), could do like pulled chicken, chili, soups, curry (i dont recommend making curry if you're eating in a public place like a library unless ur a jerk)

there's a hotplate at my work and its in a tiny cramped spot but it still works great. i get trader joes chicken patties and stuff and eat that for lunch.

oh, and microwavable bags of veggies are the shit. I personally love broccoli, but of course there are mixed bags of like carrots, peas, bell peppies, corn, etc. they're great in case you cant "feel full" unless you eat a larger volume.

you can do burrito bowls with canned beans, microwaveable cups of rice, cheese, and shredded rotisserie chicken.

sandwiches are probably easiest tho. i love bologna sandwiches.

_________________
Quote:
12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:06 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 1107
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:38506974
This dorm room is stupid tiny, I've got a fridge w a microwave on it, and next to that is a sink that can barely fit a milk jug, followed by a 1 ft strip of counter where I keep a dish rack and tiny coffee maker. There's literally no room for anything else, I make sandwiches on the desk next to my bed.

_________________
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:11 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:27 am
Posts: 2095
well with only a microwave and fridge you can still do plenty.

baked potatoes stuffed with black beans, quesadillas, frozen veggies (i tend to shy away from Green Giant cuz I don't like the weird cheese sauce they put on everything), bean and cheese burritos, you can make scrambled eggs in the microwave which can turn into breakfast burritos with some salsa and ham/bacon/potatoes, microwaveable cups of rice, microwaved salmon, pre-cooked chicken slices (frozen or refrigerated) can be used in like anything. supplement with non-microwaved stuff like fruits and salads and sandwiches and wraps and stuff and you can have a varied set of meals

or u can be a basic bitch and do ramen everyday

_________________
Quote:
12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: This subforum is now about cooking recipes!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 1107
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:38506974
Waterbear wrote:
well with only a microwave and fridge you can still do plenty.

baked potatoes stuffed with black beans, quesadillas, frozen veggies (i tend to shy away from Green Giant cuz I don't like the weird cheese sauce they put on everything), bean and cheese burritos, you can make scrambled eggs in the microwave which can turn into breakfast burritos with some salsa and ham/bacon/potatoes, microwaveable cups of rice, microwaved salmon, pre-cooked chicken slices (frozen or refrigerated) can be used in like anything. supplement with non-microwaved stuff like fruits and salads and sandwiches and wraps and stuff and you can have a varied set of meals


Yo thanks, I'll try some of these.

Waterbear wrote:
or u can be a basic bitch and do ramen everyday

Not this tho

_________________
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:15 pm


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group