Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post anything about your favorite bands, artists, or songs here.
User avatar
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty
Posts: 4207
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by narwal » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm

sorta dub but fuck you here's this

Image Image
Image Image
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
User avatar
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】
Posts: 4781
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: ColoradO
Contact:

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by Ian7 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:58 pm

How is there no Porter Robinson, Feed Me, Foreign Beggars, Knife Party, or Zedd in this thread?

ALSO fuck avicii and all of Nero's songs are pretty bland.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
User avatar
Muffin
Posts: 2076
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 pm
Location: Mississippi

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by Muffin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 am

there

User avatar
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty
Posts: 4207
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by narwal » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:13 am

Ian7 wrote:How is there no Porter Robinson, Feed Me, Foreign Beggars, Knife Party, or Zedd in this thread?

ALSO fuck avicii and all of Nero's songs are pretty bland.
I can stand with you when you say "fuck avicii", his set at ultra was basically four versions of "Levels."

However, you say Nero's songs are bland and to that I say: "no u".

HOW ARE THEY BLAND
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
User avatar
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】
Posts: 4781
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: ColoradO
Contact:

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by Ian7 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:10 am

narwal wrote:
Ian7 wrote:How is there no Porter Robinson, Feed Me, Foreign Beggars, Knife Party, or Zedd in this thread?

ALSO fuck avicii and all of Nero's songs are pretty bland.
I can stand with you when you say "fuck avicii", his set at ultra was basically four versions of "Levels."

However, you say Nero's songs are bland and to that I say: "no u".

HOW ARE THEY BLAND
Listen to Feed Me and tell me Nero isn't bland compared to him.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
User avatar
Muffin
Posts: 2076
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 pm
Location: Mississippi

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by Muffin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:29 am

Ian7 wrote:Listen to Feed Me and tell me Nero isn't bland compared to him.
After I saw that Nero song narwal posted a while ago I went a dled the whole Welcome Reality album, and I gotta say that Nero's songs are interesting to me because they don't use the same typical drum beat from start to finish in every single song like a lot of others. (ie the complete opposite of bland, in my opinion)

I don't feel like listening to Feed Me's whole discog so link a couple songs here for an example
User avatar
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】
Posts: 4781
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: ColoradO
Contact:

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by Ian7 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:29 pm





Also his newest song which I fuckin` love. Ending is great.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
User avatar
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty
Posts: 4207
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by narwal » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:51 pm

I agree with you about this lack of Porter.

I'M A VICTEEEM OF VANDALISM.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
User avatar
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】
Posts: 4781
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:58 pm
Location: ColoradO
Contact:

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by Ian7 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:27 pm

narwal wrote:I agree with you about this lack of Porter.

I'M A VICTEEEM OF VANDALISM.
Language is by far one of the most beautiful things I have heard in my entire life.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
User avatar
Muffin
Posts: 2076
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 pm
Location: Mississippi

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by Muffin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 pm

From about :20 to :40 in One Click Headshot was so good, but the rest of the song just put me off. I love beats like that in edm, which is why I love Minnesota, it's pretty much all he does.



And yeah Language is a great song, but I think I still prefer this remix over the original. It's dnb though. While I'm at it, here's a great remix of Spectrum ;)

User avatar
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty
Posts: 4207
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by narwal » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Been real into chill-electronic kinda stuff lately. Such peaceful music.
Here's a KOAN remix to one of the songs in Halo 4 (which I hear has a beautiful soundtrack, and the few songs I've heard off it prove it.).
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
User avatar
Muffin
Posts: 2076
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 pm
Location: Mississippi

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by Muffin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:57 pm

New she album releasing soon! Gonna be goooooooood!

My favorites just from this teaser are Headshot (1:36), All I Need is Music (3:16), You and I (4:17), and Is This Love (4:55), with Is This Love probably being my favorite of them all

User avatar
JetMechRadio
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: CA

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by JetMechRadio » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 am

Prototyperaptor.



Mord Fustang. Especially Lick the Rainbow,



and Fake Blood.



There. Took me long enough to find this thread, big idiot am I.

Keep an eye on Protoyperaptor. He's sorta like Deadmau5 coming off fresh. His soundcloud's full of all sorts of free remixes of Deadmau5 and Wolfgang Gartner.
User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 4557
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:52 pm
Location: Falling to Earth

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by Magnus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:19 pm

I recently was introduced to she, got a really interesting sound, I dig it.



I can't get into Feed Me. All of his songs feel too mechanical and repetitive.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
User avatar
JetMechRadio
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: CA

Re: Electronica, EDM, etc.

Post by JetMechRadio » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 am

See I like Feed Me because compared to alot of Electro he's un-repetitive in his progression. Grand Theft Ecstasy was the first track I heard of his, and made the biggest impression on me.


here's a lesser-known track of his.


and his new collaboration, the video's cute.

Also it might just be me, but I thought mechanical was integral to popular electro.
Post Reply