Top Albums of 2015

Post anything about your favorite bands, artists, or songs here.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Top Albums of 2015

Post by Neelpos » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:35 am

It's December, if there's anything coming out this month, there's samples released, and you've all got your favorites that have already been released. It's time to share my friends, don't have to compile a top 5, don't have to order anything, just look back on the year and share what you loved.

Psychadelic Blues Rock out of a bunch of southern boys with the bassist on vocals? I'm gonna put my dick in it.

Small Psychadelic group a friend introduced me to through Bandcamp. They don't have an official full release yet, as of their two this year Indigovidual was the longest at a whopping 6 songs. But by god is it worth it, can't help but groove every time they come on.

Bleeder came out around June, and if the idea of "Couple New Yorkers get together and write some bitchin Punk Metal" is groovy then this is a hell of an album for you. The final (title) track of the album is proggy in all the right ways.

Honorable mention: The Midnight Ghost Train - Cold Was The Ground

How the fuck have I not listened to the new Intronaut yet? God dammit I need new headphones for work. It'll probably make this list but dammit I have to listen to it first.

Eagles of Death Metal, Dead Weather, Modest Mouse, and Silversun Pickups all slightly disappointed me with their releases this year. I like the albums, but they all sit in the middle or lower end of their respective discographies for me.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Re: Top Albums of 2015

Post by Ian7 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:54 pm

NICE LOVE SHARING MUSIC:
In the albums below I'm linking to my favorite song off the album versus the singles.

1. Halsey - Badlands

2. Ellie Goulding - Delirium

Actually with this one there's a ton of great songs but I don't have a favorite yet since it hasn't even been out a month.

3. MisterWives - Our Own House

4. Zedd - True Colors

5. Madeon - Adventure

ALSO HONORABLE MENTION NOT AN ALBUM BUT W/E
Eden - End Credits EP

This EP hit me so hard in so many places emotionally. The lyrics are beautifully written. I recommend looking up the lyrics with your first listen through.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Da_man
Party Hard!

Post by Da_man » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:12 pm

bruh, what about Clutch? Psychic Warfare is the shit.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:52 am

O this looks like some kinda thread. What the shits this Fuck.
Vids at the end in spoiler tags to avoid jizzpiss.

SPOILER TAGS DIDN'T WORK THAT WAY LOL HOLD ON FIXING.
I guess you can't put vids in spoiler tags idk why I thought I could I'm 2baked 4dis.

Not in order or kind of in order or fuck you.

The Dear Hunter - Act IV: Rebirth best album of any genre I've heard in a fuckdang minute.

Between the Buried and Me - Coma Ecliptic

Leprous - The Congregation

Intronaut - The Direction of Last Things

Ghost - Meliora

Scale the Summit - V

Native Construct - Quiet World

Periphery - Juggernaut Alpha/Omega

Arcane Roots - Heaven & Earth EP

Mutoid Man - Bleeder
see neelpos post for vid

Clutch - Psychic Warfare
See Da_man's

Enslaved - In Times

Kamasi Washington - The Epic

MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:37 pm

Most of these I posted about as they came out/ I found them, but here they are again, in no particular order, hidden because jesus christ there's so many videos on this page already my browser is shitting itself.
VIEW CONTENT:
Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp a Butterfly (Hip Hop/Rap)
I'll just post what I wrote when it came out, since I still feel the same way
SanvichHoovy wrote:Kendrick Lamar's new album "To Pimp a Butterfly" dropped the other day, go listen to it right now. I didn't know if he could reach good kid, m.A.A.d city's level, but he's more than passed it. He's got all the passion and lyrical mastery he had back then, but he's matured so much as a person, and he's talking about some high-end philosophical shit now. Plus his production is on a whole new level, he's got Flying Lotus and so many other great producers here, plus he dropped all his mediocre trap beats from GKMC.
VIEW CONTENT:
Death Grips - Jenny Death/Pt 2 of "The Powers that Be" (Experimental Hip Hop/What even is DG at this point)
I wasn't a big fan of Death Grips' past few albums, which were missing a lot of the visceral brutality of their earlier stuff, but Jenny Death was a really great return to form, but also had all of the best elements from their calmer/more experimental stuff.

VIEW CONTENT:
Kamasi Washington - The Epic (Jazz)
Not a double album, but a TRIPLE.
3 hours long.
I feel like the word "Epic" has been bastardized so much that it lost it's original meaning, kinda like the word "awesome", but yeah, Epic is really the best word to describe this monster. Don't feel pressured to listen to the whole thing at once, though. It's best to treat each album like it's own thing, and get the different tone each one was going for.
VIEW CONTENT:
Tame Impala - Currents
While definitely a step down from Lonerism, it's still a fantastic electro-pop album. Not much longevity, I grew tired of it after a few months, but don't let that convince you it's a bad album, just know that there isn't much below the surface. But I enjoy seeing bands go in new directions, especially if new works can carry relatively the same quality as their old ones.
VIEW CONTENT:
Jamie XX- In Colour
A fantastic mix of House music that's just fantastic for just chilling to. Great "late night drive" music, it's like someone pouring honey in your ear. Seriously, listen to the bass on its closing track.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Also the new justin bieber album is actually fire.
THERE I SAID. WHAT'RE YOU GONNA DO? BAN ME?
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Muffin

Post by Muffin » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:50 pm

In no certain order:

I agree with Ian, Purpose by the biebs is a great album. Very rnb and much more mature than anything else he has ever done, definitely not the same artist
VIEW CONTENT:
Oh Wonder's self titled album is amazing. Absolutely beautiful music
VIEW CONTENT:
Odesza - In Return (released late 2014 but I've listened to it more than any other album this year so I'm gonna count it)
VIEW CONTENT:
Imagined Herbal Flows - Floating EP
VIEW CONTENT:
Skizzy Mars - The Red Balloon Project EP
VIEW CONTENT:
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:32 pm

Been diving into Bandcamp and found a few more super solid releases this year.

Mo Lowda and the Humble - Curse the Weather
VIEW CONTENT:
The Bamboos - The Best of the Tru Thoughts Years
VIEW CONTENT:
Alice Russel - I'm The Man, That Will Find You
VIEW CONTENT:
Lost Midas - Off The Course
VIEW CONTENT:
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.