Top Albums 2016

Post anything about your favorite bands, artists, or songs here.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Top Albums 2016

Post by Neelpos » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 pm

Obligatory forums are dead comment.

It's December, time to decide on your favorite albums of the year. Hit me with those tunes anyone and everyone. Your rock, your pop, your folk, your rap, your metal your Avant Garde Noisecore, lemme hear it. Here's my top five:

1) Believing Is Believing by Not Blood Paint (Prog Rock)

2) The Dream Is Over by PUP (Indie Surf Punk)

3) The Lost Ship by Panda Dub (Dub)

4) Chromaparagon by Moon Tooth (Progressive Blues Metal)

5) Puberty 2 by Mitski (Alt/Indie)
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Neelpos

Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Forums straight up ignored my title and posted this first with my name as the title Bax the forums are broken you fucked up.

Edit: YO IT DID IT TO THIS POST TOO
Last edited by Neelpos on Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Waterbear

Re: Top Albums 2016

Post by Waterbear » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:04 pm

NEELPOS
12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g
Neelpos

Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:05 pm

HELP POLICE
Sanvich Hoovy

Neelpos can't name a thread properly

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:43 pm

O shit I just realized I forgot to listen to new music this year fuck.

I'll probably bump this when I finish my backlog but I can say right now that SWANS wins the year unless I find another band that sounds like God fucking my ears.

My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:23 pm

In no particular order:

The Avalanches - Wildflower
Genre: Hip-hop, plunderphonics, folk, ???
Favorite track: Because I'm Me
After sixteen years of absence, the Avalanches came back with a different, yet equally bitch-kickin' album that had some fantastic singles on it as well as those intermediary plunderphonics tracks we all know 'n' love. The album has some pretty noteworthy features on it, such as MF DOOM, Danny Brown, Toro y Moi, Biz Markie, and Camp Lo - and many more! It's got a different, more urban vibe to it than 2000's Since I Left You, but I found it fantastic all the same.
VIEW CONTENT:
Kero Kero Bonito - Bonito Generation
Genre: J-Pop that wasn't made in Japan, synthpop
Favorite track: Trampoline
"KKB" (as they are wont to call themselves) is a fairly new British pop outfit with heavy Japanese influence. The lead singer, Sarah Midori Perry, sings and raps in Japanese and English on the tracks, and does so quite well. After releasing an EP in 2014, KKB put out their first full-length album this year, Bonito Generation. It's a feel-good cheery pop album that creates very entertaining soundscapes and really tries to deviate from the norm of pop. It makes me feel like a Japanese 13 year old girl, and I don't know how to feel about that, but it's great nonetheless.
VIEW CONTENT:

That vocal breakdown/mixup at 3:34... goddamn!
David Fucking Bowie - Blackstar
Genre: Art-rock, rock, jazz, eulogy-core?
Favorite track: Blackstar
This album fucks. Bowie gave us one last gift before bowing out, and that's Blackstar. It's a smooth, melodic, moody, and somber album at times, and an upbeat jazzy piece at others. Led by what may be my favorite track of the year, the titular Blackstar, this album is 7 hits long and a goddamn pleasure. It's even more amazing when you factor in his death, and then listen to it. It's a fuckin' piece of music and art history, imho. Rest in peace, you magnificent bastard.
VIEW CONTENT:
Tomppabeats - Harbor
Genre: Lo-fi hip-hop
Favorite tracks: The Way She, Will You Stay Here With Me, and Blossom Samurai
Probably my most-listened to album of the year, Harbor comes to us from Helsinki-based producer tomppabeats. It's a 35-minute long collection of 37 small tracks, averaging under a minute, but each snippet of sound is a beautifully calm and relaxing moment. If you're a fan of Nujabes, you're in for a treat. Although I hold other albums over it this year objectively, this album has a lot of personal meaning to me and my current relationship, so I love it to death.
VIEW CONTENT:

Here's the full thing. My favorite tracks are at 10:31, 23:30 (my number 1 favorite!), and 26:34.
Honorable Mentions!

Tycho - Epoch
I haven't finished it yet! I'll update my post when I do, as it's sounding fantastic.

A Tribe Called Quest - We got it from Here ... Thank You 4 Your service
See Epoch.

Two Door Cinema Club - Gameshow
This one came out recently, so see Epoch.

M83 - Junk
It's been very polarizing for his fans, but I still think Junk's a pretty good album. It's not the usual M83 I know and love, and it still has some outstanding tracks, like "For the Kids" featuring Susanne Sundfor - however, other bits seem bland and forgettable. Either way, I'm not going to bash Anthony if that's the kinda music he wants to make.

Animal Collective - Painting With
Another AnCo album that's rather hit-or-miss for me. It's colorful, it's fun, and it has some fantastic tracks in FloriDaDa and Golden Gal, but others are a little less catchy to me. I'd have to give the album another shot.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Pennoy999
Bringing Sexeh Back

Post by Pennoy999 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Corey Feldman - Angelic 2 The Core
huehuehuehuehuehueheueheuheuheuehueheh.

Malone

Post by Malone » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:27 pm

My 5 favorite albums this year:

5.) Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

4.) Nevermen - Nevermen

3.) Metallica - Hardwired... to Self-Destruct

2.) Melvins - Basses Loaded

1.) White Label Analog - In Case You Just Tuned In
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:18 am

kaytranada - 99.9% - favorite song - you're the one - great album, so many good songs on it. heard "glowed up" on reddit and immediately bought the album. (shoutouts to 0.001%, also very cool but very different)

chance the rapper - coloring book - favorite song - angels - yeah it's basic but I love it

albums I wish I had listened to more:

wildflower - gotta be honest, this has been pretty hit or miss for me. definitely agree that because I'm me is an amazing song

painting with - lol animal collective

also I somehow managed to not know about new m83 and two door cinema club, so I know what I'm listening to tonight
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it