The Review Vault

Post anything about movies here.
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner
thread killer, post spawner

Re: The Review Vault

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Unbeknownst to most of you - most of the movies I watch are documentaries. This review is not about that.

God Bless America

This movie follows the adventures of two main characters - A man in his 40's, and a girl in her teens. The man, after watching TV and seeing the constant cultural humiliation made possible through shows such as american idol, and other such gluttonous television reality shows, sets out to kill anyone related to the production of these shows.

On his way to kill a young girl from a reality show akin to "sweet 16", another young girl comes up and wants to get in on the action of revenge against this scum of the earth.

There isn't much more to say about the plot, besides a few funny scenes and the ending - but they just do exactly what you'd expect; jump from hotel to hotel planning their next murders. They both die in the end, but it's not without a dramatic scene involving an ak-47 and american idol.

This movie highlights the abusive culture in american television and how people are taken advantage of for the sake of entertainment. It wasn't especially deep, but I wouldn't say it was a bad movie either. It's a time waster, and the cinematography isn't terrible.

I would rate it a 3/5*'s. The lack of strong moral points brought down the rating by a lot, and the plot doesn't consist of much more than shooting- though the character development is actually quite good.

(BTW I saw this a few months ago, just felt like rating it since I DID find it amusing)
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Re: The Review Vault

Post by tehENEMY » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:37 am

Watched Snowtown murders, it gets a solid meh.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.