Post by HAJIBADA » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:28 pm

pepper wrote:been playing a shitload of arkham city
Yea, that game is pretty darn good. Its realistic
mbaxter wrote:You are apparently mentally challenged, and for that I am sorry
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by tehENEMY » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:32 pm

The 1st movie was on tv last night watched it twice.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Erickarkos

Post by Erickarkos » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:24 pm

I have both movies on a flash drive, gonna watch both of them tomorrow, then go and watch the premier.
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:00 pm

I Ccan't decide whether to watch a marathon of all 3 of the (christopher nolan) Batman movies in theaters for $25 or just dark knight rises in IMAX for some total of around $60 most times.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Erickarkos

Post by Erickarkos » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:04 pm

It is practically impossible to get IMAX tickets now, unless you live in some really small town. I bought mine in March and they sold out a few days later and I live in a pretty small town.
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:28 am

tehENEMY wrote:The 1st movie was on tv last night watched it twice.
Same.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:48 am

Erickarkos wrote:It is practically impossible to get IMAX tickets now, unless you live in some really small town. I bought mine in March and they sold out a few days later and I live in a pretty small town.
I live next to 3 small towns, 2 of which have decent tickets for sale, just at steep prices.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm going to the midnight release even though I didn't really want to. We're probably going to go 1 1/2 hours early, and it's either going to be empty as fuck or already full. Fucking Avatar was empty when we went to the midnight release.
i <3 cheese. cheese <3 evry1. u= an every1. thus, by transitive property i <3 u
Chief Cheese the amazing wrote:
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
ninjachipmunk97

Post by ninjachipmunk97 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:17 am

Well guys I just got back from the midnight release and I think it's safe to say it was fucking awesome!
Erickarkos

Post by Erickarkos » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Ok, I just got back from work and I got about 2 hours of sleep last night so I'll try to put my thoughts in the best I can.
SPOILER ALERT BELOOOOOWWWWW (also a decent sized wall of text)
VIEW CONTENT:
Ok so let's start with catwoman. That's probably the thing I heard the most complaints about going into it since it was Anne Hathaway, and many people didn't think she would be very good as catwoman, but she was actually very good, and in all leather... DAYUM.

Next is Bane. I wouldn't say he's better than Joker, but he does do a way better job at raising hell in Gotham than Joker. I mean he literally holds the entire city hostage with a nuclear reactor and turns the city into an anarchy. That's what Joker wanted to do, but couldn't. He's not as maniacal as the Joker, but his plans are a lot better.

Also, I thought I should dedicate a little section to me complaining about the location. Philly just doesn't feel the same as Chicago. I know there may be a little bias in me saying that seeing as I live near Chicago, but still it just felt weird.

Now on to Bruce Wayne. He's not in most of the movie, and same goes for Batman. For a good chunk of the movie he's in prison and he's trying to escape. There really isn't much else to say about Batman/Bruce Wayne especially if you've seen the first two he's practically the same person aside from the fact that he has major injuries.

Another side note about the batmobile. It was really disappointing that he just flew around in that retarded helicopter thing the whole time.

The bat cave was a huge improvement over Batman Begins, but I still didn't really like it. The bat cave is supposed to have so much more tech and stuff all over the walls. But that's such a minor detail that it didn't really hinder my experience at all.

It was sooooo freaking easy to tell who was Talia Al Ghul was pretty much right from the beginning. And although everyon thought Ra's was going to be in it, he's "dead". This also really bugged me since he's supposed to be IMMORTAL as in you can't fucking die. Unless I missed something, then that really bugged me during the movie.

The action scenes were a lot more paced, and there really wasn't as much action. However, the action scenes were so much sweeter when they finally came.

Finally, ROBIN. I think that there's going to be a movie dedicated to just Robin. Christopher Nolan may be done with that franchise, but WB probably isn't. I would be willing to put money on the fact that something with Robin will come out eventually especially the way that they ended it how he just walked into the bat cave, and the platform rose and it's over. I'm expecting a movie for Robin in the future.

So to wrap things up, I started crying a bit at the end (come on, who didn't batman fucking "died") and then I got really happy when I saw he actually lived and he used that program to disappear with cat woman. They definitely closed off Batman really well, and I wasn't really disappointed with how they did it.

And I have a question for those of you who saw it. When and how did he get out of the helicopter before the nuke esploded? That's one thing I didn't really catch on to.

Now I may have missed a few things since it was very late and I wasn't exactly thinking straight, so correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
All in all, it was a fucking sweet movie. I think I will need to see it again before I start to compare it to Dark Knight, but right now I'd say they're tied. You should definitely go see this when you get the time though

Also, picked up a chick while waiting in line :afro:, so I think it's fair to say that this is the best day so far this year. Now I'm going to sleep since I've been going on 2 hours of sleep today.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:25 pm

"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:06 pm

Yeah, holy shit, what the fucking fuck.
Hooplah wrote:Where's batman when you need him?
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
pepper

Post by pepper » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:14 pm

yeah that's pretty horrific stuff, not even safe at a movie theater
in other news i took out my disgust and anger by trying to beat mr. freeze on the plus mode in arkham city and that shit took 45 minutes