Star Wars Binge with Reviews

Post anything about movies here.
Brig
Swiggity Swoogity

Star Wars Binge with Reviews

Post by Brig » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:46 pm

I have never seen a single Star Wars movie.

If you asked me who Emperor Palpetine was before today, I would've told you he was the leader of the British Monarchy. When I saw Han Solo on screen for the first time, I wondered why Indiana Jones was in this.

Now, I'm watching every single movie in chronological order. (Currently watching Phantom Menace)

Will post my reactions after I finish watching each one.

Wish me luck.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Re: Star Wars Binge with Reviews

Post by A Ninja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:57 pm

The British have kings, not emperors, you uncultured swine.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:15 am

Brig wrote: Now, I'm watching every single movie in chronological order. (Currently watching Phantom Menace)
That's a poor way to do that, imo.

But the important thing is you're watching them. :spammed:
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:22 am

The proper way is Machete order. IV, V, II, III, VI
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:46 am

Don't watch them

Youth is such a liberating thing when you don't have to partake on the dated traditions of the preceding generation.
Though it's fun to see where all those references that you probably missed came from.
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Django wrote:Don't watch them

Youth is such a liberating thing when you don't have to partake on the dated traditions of the preceding generation.
Though it's fun to see where all those references that you probably missed came from.

They're just good movies????
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Brig
Swiggity Swoogity

Post by Brig » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:37 pm

OK:

I watched Phantom Menace

The Good:

Liam Neeson as Qui Gon was pretty awesome, and he carried a lot of scenes in this movie. Padme's acting was good too I thought.
Also I really liked some of the scenes underwater and on planets just because it was really cool to see that.

Pod Racing and the fight scene were good watches.

BUT OK, BEST PART HERE:
Darth Maul
What a bad ass, wish he was in the movie more.

It was a pretty entertaining watch, but

THE BAD:

Jar Jar and the Kid were absolutely terrible in every way.

Also fart/poop jokes? In a Star Wars movie no less? Really?? I hope that isn't a trend

Also shitty 90s special effects seemed to take the place of a clear plot with good dialogue.

Trade block? Mitochlorians? The princess switch? The impossible jumps made in the fight with Maul? The Jedi Council with the whole "fear" thing?
WTF

I hope the next one gives a less muddled plot, with clearer and more interesting points, and less fart jokes.

This movie was entertaining enough, but if all the movies are like this I can't see Star Wars being classified as a good movie franchise.

Overall rating: JarJarBinks/10
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Brig wrote:The impossible jumps made in the fight with Maul?
That's just Force user things
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:27 am

Also when Qui Gon's and Obi Wan's frame cels stutter forward when the ball droids are shooting at them in the opening sequence, it's 'force speed' and not 'force editing.'

This is flimsy, old coot logic and should be ignored, and you'll understand why when you get to the original film and Empire.

At the very least you'll be able to have your own opinions about them and not just conjecture.
Jason
TODAY IS WEDNESDAY
<font color=#17e66e><b>TODAY IS WEDNESDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:57 am

Ya I mean do what you want as long as you're not one of the jackasses like LOL I'VE NEVER SEEN STAR WARS R U SURPRISED LOL I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT STAR WARS ISN'T THAT HILARIOUS THIS IS ME OVER HERE NOT WATCHING THE NEW STAR WARS LOL! RIGHT? CAUSE I DON'T CARE I NEVER EVEN SEEN THEM SEEMS PRETTY STUPID TO ME I AINT JUMPIN ON THAT BANDWAGON SHEEPLE.

But I mean you should probably fucking watch Star Wars like what the fuck.

Also ep 7 was mad boners. Not flawless, but mad boners.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
ZIGGO

Post by ZIGGO » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:47 am

Hellboy wrote:
Brig wrote: Now, I'm watching every single movie in chronological order. (Currently watching Phantom Menace)
That's a poor way to do that, imo.

But the important thing is you're watching them. :spammed:

FUCK OFF HELLBOY. You don't know shit about how to watch star wars for a first timer. YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHED BY THE NEW GENERATION. Episode 1 -> Episode 2 -> Episode 3 -> Episode 4 -> Episode 5 -> Episode 6 -> Episode 7!

Anyone who says start with A New Hope, when you haven't seen any, is an idiot! big nub!
ZIGGO

Post by ZIGGO » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:48 am

Also FUCK THIS ADVICE! It's worse than even hellboys advice.
ZIGGO

Post by ZIGGO » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:51 am

Brig wrote:OK:

I watched Phantom Menace

The Good:

Liam Neeson as Qui Gon was pretty awesome, and he carried a lot of scenes in this movie. Padme's acting was good too I thought.
Also I really liked some of the scenes underwater and on planets just because it was really cool to see that.

Pod Racing and the fight scene were good watches.

BUT OK, BEST PART HERE:
Darth Maul
What a bad ass, wish he was in the movie more.

It was a pretty entertaining watch, but

THE BAD:

Jar Jar and the Kid were absolutely terrible in every way.

Also fart/poop jokes? In a Star Wars movie no less? Really?? I hope that isn't a trend

Also shitty 90s special effects seemed to take the place of a clear plot with good dialogue.

Trade block? Mitochlorians? The princess switch? The impossible jumps made in the fight with Maul? The Jedi Council with the whole "fear" thing?
WTF

I hope the next one gives a less muddled plot, with clearer and more interesting points, and less fart jokes.

This movie was entertaining enough, but if all the movies are like this I can't see Star Wars being classified as a good movie franchise.

Overall rating: JarJarBinks/10

The whole "fear" thing is not WTF... you nub... The emotion fear is what leads people to the dark side! It's true in the star wars universe and it's true on our planet, in real fucking LIFE. :lecture:

Also where the fuck are the rest of your reviews?? I'm waiting. :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed:
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:51 am

ZIGGO wrote:

Also FUCK THIS ADVICE! It's worse than even hellboys advice.
django is trying to compare deep rooted racism with watching Star Wars.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:56 am

Kinda meant to say, wound't it be cool if we forgot about starwars :/
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."