Dexter

Post anything about TV shows here.
Trizik

Re: Dexter

Post by Trizik » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:39 pm

let me rephrase the question: do you think Dexter is going to "solve" the potential "Miguel problem" before season 3 is over?
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:55 pm

every season has a new special character who gets to die at the end of the season

it's just like the sopranos. high profile totally new character in first episode of season = main plotline for season followed by death in the last episode.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:10 pm

Have you guys read the book(s) this is based on? I remember reading it the first time and thinking, this would make a good movie. I'm going to get showtime when they start rerunning the 2nd season, I fell off after the first.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
BIGGIE

Post by BIGGIE » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:30 pm

joe wrote:every season has a new special character who gets to die at the end of the season

it's just like the sopranos. high profile totally new character in first episode of season = main plotline for season followed by death in the last episode.
that is the most simplistic summary of the dexter shows that it makes me want to poke my eyes out and piss lava.
CaptainTripps wrote:Have you guys read the book(s) this is based on? I remember reading it the first time and thinking, this would make a good movie. I'm going to get showtime when they start rerunning the 2nd season, I fell off after the first.
i believe there is 3 books i have read 2 of them only. they are great breaks, and the show is just as good as the books.
skinthinner wrote:wtf...you know that canada has one woman and a bunch of mooses...or miices...or whatever you call them...
the one woman has a full beard and no teeth and lives in an igloo...
so I must conclude that you, good sir, are lying and are really sitting around drinking beer with a moose and playing with your small canadian penis...
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:53 pm

it's not meant to be a dig at dexter specifically, it's how a lot of drama tv shows work in the 3rd season and beyond, although i think you could make that argument for dexter's first and second season as well. introduce a new character with a multi-layered background and complex arc and get rid of him at the end of the season. that shit almost writes itself.
Funny Hat Man

Post by Funny Hat Man » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:48 am

That and they killed off Doakes which made me sad :( Other than that this season has been pretty good, takes about 4 shows to get comfortable in it.

MIIIGGGUUUEEEELLLLLLLLL!!!!!

Dex will make a kill room out of that chicks home office and dice up Miguel in it.
Funny Hat Man wrote:I awoke to an amazing blowjob only to find it was a dude... and let him finish
Funny Hat Man

Post by Funny Hat Man » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:59 pm

I don't know what the fuck just happened but I fucking love it! Holy shit just when you think this show can't rape your face...
Funny Hat Man wrote:I awoke to an amazing blowjob only to find it was a dude... and let him finish
e_e

Post by e_e » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:16 am

Season 3 rivals 1, might even be better.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:30 pm

the acting and writing is much weaker than season 1. i like some of the plot elements but in general it feels like there's not as much care going into each episode
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:12 pm

Yeah, the acting is definitely not anywhere near season 1's, but it's still decent. I really hate Miguel's character, I have since the moment they brought him in.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:20 pm

i have been impressed by his acting though. as a seasoned, experienced and very talented actor he puts everyone else to shame. seriously in some scenes he makes the actors look like they are giving line readings. i never really gave a shit about jimmy smits before but i have to say his acting has been terrific on this show so far.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Oh, his acting is good. I just don't like the character.
e_e

Post by e_e » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:15 pm

joe wrote:the acting and writing is much weaker than season 1. i like some of the plot elements but in general it feels like there's not as much care going into each episode
This is somewhat how I feel. The writing isn't quite as good, but I like the plot a lot more. The Ice Truck Killer stuff always seemed kinda lame to me, and I never liked the actor that played him. Last season felt like a season 7er, it was ok, didn't care too much for it all.

This season was eh for the first few eps, it's picking up nicely... maybe a bit too late. The seasons never seemed that short, but only two episodes left? Went by too fast, seems like it should and could sustain ~8 more episodes.
Funny Hat Man

Post by Funny Hat Man » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:35 pm

because their "game" literally lasted 1 episode, even that could have been extended. I think this just mirrors season 1 in a lot of ways. The show grabbed you right from the pilot, but the last few eps of the first season were the best.

This one started off with kids and marriage and I got so pissed lol.

P.S. Fucking LOVE Jimmy's "trademark" on IMDB;

"Known for his portrayal of good men with deep moral convictions."

ahaha
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:34 am

i have probably said this 4 times already in this thread but i can't stand the wife. she is everything i hate in women: timid, judgmental, disloyal, unstable, prudish, etc.