Boardwalk Empire

Post anything about TV shows here.
Funny Hat Man

Boardwalk Empire

Post by Funny Hat Man » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:34 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB3z0HmVeW0

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0979432/

Gotta say, I'm glad I just found out about it so I don't have to wait so long. I also just heard Kevin Spacey will star in a new HBO series next year about some cult.
Funny Hat Man wrote:I awoke to an amazing blowjob only to find it was a dude... and let him finish
joe
The Big Cheese

Re: Boardwalk Empire

Post by joe » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:05 pm

wasn't sure if it would be good

on the plus side, scorcese - but what's he done lately? and HBO has done a lot of good shows - but it's done some crap shows too

on the minus side, casting is weird - a lot of nobodies and some strange casting choices like steve buscemi as a crime boss

my impressions after watching the first episode: boring and poorly written. tons of emphasis on a romantic view of the past, but just not much story. to start a great dramatic tv series out, you want to start with something huge that defines the entire series or at least the first season. like in the first episode of the sopranos, tony has major problems that force him to start seeing a psychiatrist - thus creating the story arc for the entire series, tony's attempt to deal with his complicated background. or the first episode of dexter, a serial killer discovers another serial killer who knows who he is. it set up the whole first season. etc., every first episode of every great tv series starts with a giant conflict or event that defines the show.

the first episode of boardwalk empire was just a lot of introduction, not much happened other than prohibition starting, which was just a 30 second scene of people celebrating. the rest of it was some poorly written characters having minor trials and tribulations.

i just don't see this show going anywhere.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
e_e

Post by e_e » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:26 am

first 5 episodes have been pretty solid. is anyone else watching it?
BIGGIE

Post by BIGGIE » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:19 am

ive been keeping up with it. pretty good so far, build is alil slow but you do feel like the story is going somewhere. always good to see steve buscemi get work
skinthinner wrote:wtf...you know that canada has one woman and a bunch of mooses...or miices...or whatever you call them...
the one woman has a full beard and no teeth and lives in an igloo...
so I must conclude that you, good sir, are lying and are really sitting around drinking beer with a moose and playing with your small canadian penis...
ZIGGO

Post by ZIGGO » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:20 pm

yeah steve buscemi is my favorite actor :D
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Fri May 27, 2011 5:26 pm

I've watched almost the whole first season of this over the past few days, and it's a damn good show.
mushubeans

Post by mushubeans » Sat May 28, 2011 12:21 am

its a pretty good show
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong...
Jason
TODAY IS TUESDAY
<font color=#946aff><b>TODAY IS TUESDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:48 pm

BUMP. I've been watching this with my girlfriend and we've been flying through it. 3 episodes from the end of season 4.

Anyone else feel like it started going srsly downhill the 4th season? The one that plays the black singer, Margot Bingham, is WAY overused. There's like 8 minutes an episode dedicated to zoom ins of her singing and then closeups of some character watching her all starry eyed. It's annoying as shit. Feels like she's sleeping with some producer or something. Also too many drawn out scenes with newly introduced characters I don't care about that much. First three seasons were gold but there are only a few interesting things still happening to keep me watching.

I love where Nelson/George's character has been going and in this last ep we watched it's getting even better (s4e9) Also anything with Richard Harrow is always fucking gold because he's the best character on this damn show. Otherwise nothing that exciting is happening at all.

Season 4 spoiler
I was super super pissed when they killed off the servant guy that was like the last straw for me this season, I hated how they just suddenly changed his character and then did away with him.

Anyone still keep up with this show that can confirm or deny if season 5 is better? I know it's the final season and I'm hoping it picks up a little from how 4 has been. Ep 9 was a bit better than the previous episodes and the series does tend to really pick up at the end of each season but still, 4 has been by far the worst.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.