Game of Thrones

Post anything about TV shows here.
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Mon May 30, 2016 1:43 am

Tommen always looks like he's about to cry
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Jason
TODAY IS FRIDAY
<font color=#113ae><b>TODAY IS FRIDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Mon May 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Yeah I literally fucking hate his face I can't even stand to look at it. Him and bran both.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Jason
TODAY IS FRIDAY

Post by Jason » Mon May 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Also ya Danaerys story this season is 100% filler and that's pretty annoying. I know a lot of America are just sitting on their couch going OH MY GOD DRAGONS WOW BADASS WHOA WOW WHOA but like they could waste less time on that shit for sure.

It's cool that shit is happening but more and more this season I'm feeling like there's just too much shit happening for a 10 episode season to cover and they're just compounding a bunch of events to rush towards the finale. Like okay, some cool shit started happening in the Iron Islands for like one second, are we never going to see that again? Some cool shit happened with John Snow for like 2 seconds, what's going on with him now? There's so many characters and events and shit for the show to cover I feel like it's impossible for it to really be satisfying. I like start to care about something that's happening and I want to know more but then they just move on to the next thing and FUCK.

I read there's only gonna be like 2 more seasons and they want to make them even shorter? So yeah I don't know I'm getting scared that at this point the show is just going to spoil major book plot points while changing/glossing over everything else and that's kinda lousy.

Oh and I guess Coldhands shows up now and he IS Benjen? What the fuck man. WHATEVER.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Mon May 30, 2016 9:55 pm

I'm ready for the next hype show, please. Something sci-fi, I think.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:36 pm

Jason wrote:So yeah I don't know I'm getting scared that at this point the show is just going to spoil major book plot points while changing/glossing over everything else and that's kinda lousy.

Oh and I guess Coldhands shows up now and he IS Benjen? What the fuck man. WHATEVER.
I mean, this was always going to happen. Like unless GRRM had actually beat the show, they were always gonna eventually spoil the future books. I dunno, I disagree with Dany's story being filler. Fits into the "To go forward you must go back" style of her story. I've loved most of her scenes but then she's one of my favorite characters so perhaps that's just some personal bias.

As to BenHands I think it's clear they're conflating the characters. I believe GRRM when he says Coldhands isn't Benjen, but I also believe Benjen will have a similar role going forward so they decided to just merge the two. All of that pales in comparison to the mad LSH setup we're getting though. The hype is real.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue May 31, 2016 10:21 am

books are better than the show ,but then again books might not be that good either way, too convoluted.
If GRRM wants to tell a story, then why he couldn't do it in 3 books or less.

What's the point on going on so long from a story telling perspective, if he is going to get sidetracked from his original intention when he started writing these.
convoluted ≠ complexity

Right now, both the show and the books are suffering from Lost tv show syndrome.

It's time to move on peoples
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Tue May 31, 2016 3:30 pm

mia since '97

hes back baby
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Jason
TODAY IS FRIDAY

Post by Jason » Tue May 31, 2016 7:10 pm

But saying that it has to happen doesn't make it good.
And honestly it doesn't have to happen on the scale that they're making happen. Last season how much they rushed to catch up to book 5 when book six doesn't even have a release date really started making the show shittier and shittier. Not even talking about it following the source material, like even if I had never read the books a lot of this shit now I'd be like. Soooooo what the fuck else? And it was one thing when I would sort of mentally fill in what was going on by what I knew from the books but now that there's none of that it literally feels like they're just telling part of a story.

It's still entertaining and cool stuff still happens and MOST of the cast is FANTASTIC so it's never like painful to sit through an ep or anything, but there's no way I can sit here and be like this is the best fucking show ever till the end of time.
Jason
TODAY IS FRIDAY

Post by Jason » Tue May 31, 2016 7:13 pm

And honestly in the books it felt like Coldhands totally should have been Benjen but then GRRM was like no way that's too obvious and easy cheesey so I'm gonna throw in some random shit that makes it so it's not him. So I'm not really mad about them doing that in the show at all, it's just like at this point, FUCK IT.

And the books are deeeefinitely too convoluted and taking way too long to put out, but at least up through the five books I've read it hasn't outweighed how fantastically interesting the story and characters are, and some of the connections he makes to shit that you totally forgot happened a long time ago are really fucking cool. But there's soooo much shit that keeps getting brought up with the show and with me not having read them in a few years that I'm like. Wait who was that? No wait, what was that? What the shit? I thought s/he was over there doing this and this etc etc. He definitely could have told a better more concise story and then did maybe extended universe books which I'm pretty sure he still has anyway so like...fuck.

You can't argue that Dany's shit isn't filler tho. They could have spent 10 minutes showing her getting rescued and starting to travel and that's it. Literally nothing else has actually hapened with her. All her shit is like LOOK AT ME IM THE POWERFUL FEMALE ROLE AND PEOPLE LIKE THAT SO HERES MORE SCREEN TIME AND LOUD MONOLOOOOOGUES. I'm just nit picking, it's not like I'm sitting here scoffing every time she's on screen and going THIS SHIT SUCKS I HATE IT, but it's a definite downside to this season.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:21 am

FUCK this ruins the Benjen = Daario theory
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:56 am

did you see them in the same scene

didnt think so
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:10 am

What I want to know is who the last cylon is. All the clues have pointed toward Danerys, but I feel like that's just what they want us to think.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:18 am

oh hwhat the frak
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
Grndslmhttr3

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:33 am

is that you, ian?
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
Grndslmhttr3

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:19 pm

Ian McShane and the Hound in the opening scene definitely got my attention