The Orange Box

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

The Orange Box

Post by Avvatar » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:29 pm

This is the first time I have felt ripped off after buying a Valve product.

I bought the Orange Box for Portal and TF2. I already own HL2(I bought it for mods) and I never even considered buying EP1.
So, I got 3 products I didn't want, a game with 2.5 hours of content(maybe another 2-3 if I do the challenges, but they seem more annoying than they do fun), and a gutted TF2. I want 32 players. I want friendly fire.

I play a game for months not because the developers did an amazing job making it, but because they gave the players all the tools necessary to turn it into whatever they want. I still play Warcraft III, and it's almost never a normal game, its all custom maps. I still play NS, and it's never on a stock server.

Fuck Valve for trying to ruin something that could have been awesome.
Sizzler

Re: The Orange Box

Post by Sizzler » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:43 pm

VALVE IS FUCKING US AGAIN
Spazmeister

Post by Spazmeister » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:53 pm

Aduromors wrote:VALVE IS FUCKING US AGAIN
You're telling me you can still feel it when they pound you in the ass? I figured by now that everyone would be desensitized to it.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:58 pm

YEAH FUCK VALVE IS JUST OUT TO STEAL OUR MONEY AND SHIT ON OUR FACES. OPEN YOUR EYES PELEPLE
Ronin

Post by Ronin » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:06 pm

That sucks that you feel that way.
joe wrote:ignore all the dipshits, thanks for the post :)
H4nDiC4Pd

Post by H4nDiC4Pd » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:54 pm

personally I was happy with my purchase. I havent even touched Portal, ep1 or 2 or lost coast. I already had hl2 but Ill gift my new copy of it to a friend or my gf (shes getting into cs:s) anyways... I love tf2.

Recently I bought stalker, bioshock and they were good games cost over $50 but I have gotten way more hours out of tf2 and its so fun too me. I havent even began to start portal or the episodes of HL2 so I still have a lot more to do. For 50bucks I feel like it was a great deal.

and on a side note. You didnt have to buy the orange box. The games are available seperately...
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Yeah damn those valve people for including five great games for the price of one. I mean, it's not like episode 2 is one of the greatest games I've ever played or anything.
Delinquent

Post by Delinquent » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:22 pm

i don't like how you can't buy them individually. the concept of "saving" money on something you already have? BS.

I do like TF2 + Portal for < 50$ (better than most, but still shittin' me)
And I completely dislike the standardizing of TF2. It's the worst strategy ever, it's gone against everything that's made valve what it is today, every single mod helped the engines so much. I'm just glad we got leet hax.

/.Delinquent
STEAM_0:1:209083
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:20 am

i feel the same as avvatar

portal was 1 hour of decent entertainment - about what you get for free from a shareware title.

tf2 i will never play again unless they allow 32 player servers

hl2 ep2 i have no interest in playing.

i paid $45 to play tf2 for 2 weeks. if they were offering refunds, i'd take one.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Ronin

Post by Ronin » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:50 am

I don't really understand how you can feel ripped off by this game.

You were told exactly what you were paying for, and you agreed to buy it.

It's your own damn fault for purchasing something you don't enjoy.
joe wrote:ignore all the dipshits, thanks for the post :)
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:53 am

Ronin wrote: It's your own damn fault for purchasing something you don't enjoy.
agree 100%, they aren't offering refunds, and you when you paid you should have known exactly what you were getting... hl2 ep1+2 are very entertaining, and for someone who doesn't have half life- its a really nice bundle. As for people who have half life2 and dont even like the title, put ur orange box on a new account, when u get done- try to sell it? Best advice I guess i could give you.... imo spending 50$ for a mini-game and tf2 is kinda a waste, and if you knew that from the start, then thats just your own fault :\. w/e tho
venalicius

Post by venalicius » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:16 pm

I bought it because I knew I was going to play all 3 of the games I didnt already own with it
and even if you already have hl2 and ep1 its still a value because its 3 20 dollar games for 50 bucks
and I dont see how people dont enjoy episodes 1 and 2 I thought those were amazing even if they were more of the same.

And Joe, portal is better then any freeware game I have ever played.
lobsters, I miss you :(
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:40 pm

Ronin wrote:You were told exactly what you were paying for, and you agreed to buy it.
No. See, the problem is we weren't. I paid $45 for 2 games, Portal and TF2 for the PC. And I was willing to do that. I got a minigame and a console TF2. Nowhere did it say that Portal was a minigame, it is supposed to be a game. And my TF2 was supposed to be a PC shooter, not a console shooter with all options preset at the factory. I didn't buy it for Xbox360.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:07 pm

What? Are you saying you don't like TF2 because they don't want people playing it with more than 24 people?