King of the Hill style map released

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

King of the Hill style map released

Post by Mad_Dugan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:13 pm

I created a simple 'King of the Hill' map that is a cross between Dual and Control Point games. The Winning team is the the one that has control of the point at the end of the games time limit. Limited decoration as I am more interested in refining game play dynamics and removing any exploits.

cp_point_king_a1

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/39560

Send comments to:
tf2+cp_point_king (at) snop.com
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
joe
The Big Cheese

Re: King of the Hill style map released

Post by joe » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:37 pm

so if you cap the point it doesnt do anything until the time rounds out? that sounds very interesting, i would like to try that.

can you make it flash the instructions on the screen? i saw a map that had a message flash on the screen at round start, this map would be a good use for that
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:12 pm

Got some basic team instructions in there now. (cp_point_king_a2)
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Tone Deaf

Post by Tone Deaf » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:47 pm

Sounds great. I wanna try it out :) I played a different koh map b4 the tf2 sdk was released and it was a bit odd with cardboard cows everywhere. Might need some sniper/spawn cover but I haven't played the map yet.
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:56 pm

If you have played a dual_dual map, then it is similar, except now the match eventually ends with a winner.
Delinquent

Post by Delinquent » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:01 pm

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/screens/3 ... /81018.jpg

snipers would rape everyone so hard...
engineers have no use...
spies are pretty pointless too...

My suggestion is try and actual hill. Maybe have a hill with 4 quadrants on the 4 split sides of the bottom of the hill. maybe something like that...

sure there are a few interesting strategies to it, but not enough that TF2 provides.

/.Delinquent
STEAM_0:1:209083
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:39 pm

I don't disagree completely, hence why it is still in alpha.

I will mention that the map is set for only a 5 minute game. It is definitely a fast action team-work map.

Snipers and soldiers clean out opposing snipers. Heavies & Medic combo push past control point. Engineers set up upgraded sentries to hold point. Demomen spam enemy exit. Spies back-stabs anyone who breaks through. Pyros handle spy check. Scouts keep control point. Then enemy team figures out to do Uber and roles reverse. (In my dream world, that is how it could work. )
Delinquent

Post by Delinquent » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:58 pm

there's absolutely no cover and snipers can clear shot across the entire map. meaning no heavy / medic combo, massive soldier spam, and no engies. demo might have a little fun nading across the map... but most would probably die too fast.

/.Delinquent
STEAM_0:1:209083