[GUIDE] Spotting Spies Under Friendly Fire

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Naxus

Re: [GUIDE] Spotting Spies Under Friendly Fire

Post by Naxus » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Parasyte wrote:
Naxus wrote:- You never really want to spy check with any weapons besides Flamethrower, it is just not worth the risk/confusion.
Pyro and Sniper primaries do not friendly fire, so any are same to spy-check with.
Ah right forgot about Sniper primary. :clap: I rarely see someone spy check with it.
bloodcrow

Post by bloodcrow » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:42 pm

I saw something interesting last night- a red spy picked up some health, HOWEVER, a blue cross appeared over him for just an instant. Unleashed some minigun fu on him and sure enough, it was a blu spy.

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet.
Yeah, but then your face was there and I shot it. -Parasyte
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to touch your butt. - Pablo the Flying Macho Penis
Velp

Post by Velp » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:02 pm

bloodcrow wrote:I saw something interesting last night- a red spy picked up some health, HOWEVER, a blue cross appeared over him for just an instant. Unleashed some minigun fu on him and sure enough, it was a blu spy.

Just so you know if it was a friendly spy it well show up blue as well. It has changed a few times but I think they have it this way for good now. Or they've changed it without putting it in the change log again.
mbaxter wrote:David tennant makes everything better
Neelpos wrote:Because maybe if my post count is high enough everyone will love me, golly
Dangit Spongebobby!

Post by Dangit Spongebobby! » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:33 pm

bloodcrow wrote:I saw something interesting last night- a red spy picked up some health, HOWEVER, a blue cross appeared over him for just an instant. Unleashed some minigun fu on him and sure enough, it was a blu spy.

Another interesting thing, a spy that isn't hurt but their disguise is can still pick up health. Its a good way to deny health from the enemy team.
logslogslogs

Post by logslogslogs » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:13 pm

A disguised spy cannot reload. If someone is reloading, he's a teammate.
This isn't true. While almost never employed, reloading while you're disguised will cause your disguise to play the appropriate animation. Seen here. Most players have autoreload on anyway, so a spy would have to shoot, switch off their gun before it reloaded, disguise, and switch back to their gun for the animation to play.
If you whip a friendly who's standing near a wall, the friendly won't get hurt, but the wall still gets splattered by blood. :)
That's really kinky.
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:25 pm

I've used the reloading tactic before. Incredibly annoying to pull off, since you need to fire before you disguise... But fun fact: reloading as disguised is really janky. You reload only for as long as the spy's normal reload time, so almost every other weapon will not match the normal reload animation.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Spy-checking done wrong...

I_AM_SQUIRREL
Pelipper The Scarf God

Post by I_AM_SQUIRREL » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:54 pm

LOL parasyte
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:01 am

My favorite ways to spycheck consist of Jarate, air-blasting and team-safe taunt kills like the pootis-pow, or the shtabby shtabby cuntsman sniper.
Steam is BLU_Collar, PSN is GGLinear, and my LoL account name is Somber Rites.

It's been years since I've spoken with any of you, but if you ever want to play or just talk, feel free to contact me.
Stormatic

Post by Stormatic » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:54 pm

So I was just quickly glancing over this thread, but to throw out there cause I type it out enough in game, along with the sniper and pyro primaries, the disciplinary action, the crusaders crossbow, and the rescue ranger don't team wound. I was told last night that the righteous bison and the other space weapon don't team wound, but don't hold me to that as i havent tried it yet.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Stormatic wrote:So I was just quickly glancing over this thread, but to throw out there cause I type it out enough in game, along with the sniper and pyro primaries, the disciplinary action, the crusaders crossbow, and the rescue ranger don't team wound. I was told last night that the righteous bison and the other space weapon don't team wound, but don't hold me to that as i havent tried it yet.
the pomson/bison don't teamwound, but the cowmangler will as it is an explosive
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:21 pm

A Ninja wrote: the pomson/bison don't teamwound, but the cowmangler will as it is an explosive
this is because pomson/bison are actually made up of fire particles (code-wise). Also noticeable because they can light huntsman arrows on fire. I think it might also do some silly things to their hit detection/lag compensation, but I'm not positive on that, don't quote me.

cm5k is not coded like this.
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Stormatic wrote:the disciplinary action [...] [doesn't] team wound
Take note, this is because of a plugin I made for our server. On other FF enabled servers, this normally would, but I made it so we could actually use the weapon without hurting our teammates.
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:06 pm

bl4nk wrote:
Stormatic wrote:the disciplinary action [...] [doesn't] team wound
Take note, this is because of a plugin I made for our server. On other FF enabled servers, this normally would, but I made it so we could actually use the weapon without hurting our teammates.
and thats why we love you Bl4nk
Im not random. i just think faster then you.