bestinclass

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
joe
The Big Cheese

bestinclass

Post by joe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:40 am

i just tried bestinclass for the first time tonight

good:
great concept (it was my idea :D)
great instructions
great labels/icons on the doorways, control points, etc.

bad:
the fucking routes are way harder than they need to be. the point is that it's EASY for the specific class. i couldn't make it through with pyro, i couldn't make it through with scout, and then i gave up.

i'd love to see a revision where i can make it through on the first try as the class i need to be.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
.BAD. aznbob

Re: bestinclass

Post by .BAD. aznbob » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:58 am

joe wrote: i'd love to see a revision where i can make it through on the first try as the class i need to be.
Like a straight yellow brick road for the pyro? lol jk

But yeah I agree some of the routes are way to hard. I don't think I have ever beaten the Pyro, heavy, and sniper routes.
Cow
pl w+4 b
<b>pl w+4 b</b>

Post by Cow » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:06 am

I think its time we seriously started talking about making a bestinclass only server. I played it at least 3 or 4 times today just because everyone is screaming for it. But a lot of other players don't like it because of the lack of action. Its a fun map but you can only play it so many times in a day. I really think that the server number 1 should be made into a bestinclass only server, it would be insanely popular and as the server is now its completely empty 24/7 I've seriously never seen a single player in it since I became admin. I figure this way we can keep the most people happy for most of the time.
DeathZone

Post by DeathZone » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:13 am

I just finished adding the lights to the whole thing like 4 minutes ago so good thing cow let me know about this thread. I suppose I could go back and make a few changes to the harder courses. What I have in mind:

Heavy- connect the 3rd part's platforms so no jumping would be required.
Sniper- make all the targets not bullseye only.
Pyro- add 2 more signs to keep you on track.

Suggestions? What's the hardest part about them specifically?
w00t.
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:46 am

Make every where "no build" except engineer zone

make walls and floors teleport back to spawn if shot in spy zone
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:49 am

DrunkCowOfDeath wrote:I think its time we seriously started talking about making a bestinclass only server. I played it at least 3 or 4 times today just because everyone is screaming for it. But a lot of other players don't like it because of the lack of action. Its a fun map but you can only play it so many times in a day. I really think that the server number 1 should be made into a bestinclass only server, it would be insanely popular and as the server is now its completely empty 24/7 I've seriously never seen a single player in it since I became admin. I figure this way we can keep the most people happy for most of the time.
I'm already working on it. Don't you worry.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:09 am

scout route is too hard. it should be impossible for everyone else but easy (or at least, not hard) for scout.the last ramp jump and the last couple colunm jumps are too hard
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:10 am

I think scout is the easiest out of all of the courses. :-/
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:36 am

bl4nk wrote:I think scout is the easiest out of all of the courses. :-/
Well, spy is easier. But scout isn't to hard.
Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all. - William Goldman
Ace Rimmer

Post by Ace Rimmer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:54 am

yeah, there is only 1 jump that gets me on the scout, which is the first time you jump over spikes, to that square hole.
.BAD. aznbob

Post by .BAD. aznbob » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:57 am

Yeah, scout needs no changing. And I agree with your post DZ, if you added those into the map, Me (and maybe alot more people) will love you for it. :D
Cow
pl w+4 b
<b>pl w+4 b</b>

Post by Cow » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:22 am

bl4nk wrote:
DrunkCowOfDeath wrote:I think its time we seriously started talking about making a bestinclass only server. I played it at least 3 or 4 times today just because everyone is screaming for it. But a lot of other players don't like it because of the lack of action. Its a fun map but you can only play it so many times in a day. I really think that the server number 1 should be made into a bestinclass only server, it would be insanely popular and as the server is now its completely empty 24/7 I've seriously never seen a single player in it since I became admin. I figure this way we can keep the most people happy for most of the time.
I'm already working on it. Don't you worry.
Oh dear god thank you sir.
Ninge

Post by Ninge » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:40 am

the only class i have trouble with is the sniper (WTF, me?). Everything else is easy, I love the scout one, and btw when I do the pyro, I just use a scout and jump all the way and I'm done :D.
Rat-morningstar wrote:i mean, it was silly, now looks like it's got the down syndrome
HomicidalApe wrote:Can't wait for Orangutans to learn to use guns.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:50 pm

i never made it past the columns. the first ramps part took forever until someone told me you have to crouch jump, which is stupid.

well it's your map, do whatever, but if it stays as hard as it is now, i'm never playing it again.
Christy

Post by Christy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:21 pm

I think scout is the easiest

Sniper I can only beat with solder :)

Demoman is easy

Pyro is easy

Never play the others much