Unban Request Thread

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
von Tauentzien

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by von Tauentzien » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:36 am

Name when banned- von Tauentzien
Steam ID- STEAM_0:0:56519540
Server I was banned from- tf4.joe.to
Why I was banned- homophobic slurs
Why I think I should be unbanned- I was banned for a very very long time so i learned my lesson. Won t happen again i promise... cheers
Floobiees

Post by Floobiees » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey fellow gamers! i was recently banned from this server for tking but i was not tking? this is my favorite server atm so an unban quickly would be nice.
steam name: Floobies
steam id: STEAM_0:1:16988430
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Floobiees wrote:Hey fellow gamers! i was recently banned from this server for tking but i was not tking? this is my favorite server atm so an unban quickly would be nice.
steam name: Floobies
steam id: STEAM_0:1:16988430
bl4nk wrote:Include in your post:
Your in-game name at the time of your banning
Your SteamID (in STEAM_X:X:XXXX format)
Which server you were banned from
Why you were banned
Why you think you should be unbanned
Frijole - I slayed and kicked you earlier that day for team killing in spawn. After slaying you TWICE and spamming TK warnings, you continued to TK, so I kicked you. I went off shortly after that, but it seems like Velp banned you later that day, so we'll see what he has to say.
The2ndVintageMedic

Post by The2ndVintageMedic » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:09 pm

The Festive Vintage Medic
STEAM_0:1:30288801
www.joe.to|TF2 #4| Custom Maps|FF=ON
For Team Killing
I did not mean to deliberately Team Kill. Nor I did not know such behavior wasn't allowed. One other person was team killing
at the start of the round and I assumed it was okay, I did not get a warning or anything like that. I am truly sorry and I ask to be unbanned.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:20 pm

The2ndVintageMedic wrote:The Festive Vintage Medic
http://www.joe.to|TF2 #4| Custom Maps|FF=ON
For Team Killing
I did not mean to deliberately Team Kill. Nor I did not know such behavior wasn't allowed. One other person was team killing
at the start of the round and I assumed it was okay, I did not get a warning or anything like that. I am truly sorry and I ask to be unbanned.
I put up at least 4 - 5 warnings when the first TK occurred and everyone was telling you to cut it out over voice chat. It's fine if you didn't have sound, but text warnings were there as well as people not forgiving you, which should get your attention. You were one of the 5 - 6 people who were mass murdering your whole team in spawn during setup. Please don't let this happen again. You will be unbanned soon.
The2ndVintageMedic

Post by The2ndVintageMedic » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Porky wrote:
For Team Killing
I put up at least 4 - 5 warnings when the first TK occurred and everyone was telling you to cut it out over voice chat. It's fine if you didn't have sound, but text warnings were there as well as people not forgiving you, which should get your attention. You were one of the 5 - 6 people who were mass murdering your whole team in spawn during setup. Please don't let this happen again. You will be unbanned soon.
I would like to point out that I was not paying attention to the chat box. But it's my fault for not paying attention and I'll take that. I will not let anything like this happen again. And thank you for giving one more chance.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:34 pm

The2ndVintageMedic wrote:
Porky wrote:
For Team Killing
I would like to point out that I was not paying attention to the chat box. But it's my fault for not paying attention and I'll take that. I will not let anything like this happen again. And thank you for giving one more chance.
The Festive Vintage Medic
Unbanned.
von Tauentzien

Post by von Tauentzien » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:52 pm

I don t mean to be boring Pork Bun but what about me?
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm

von Tauentzien wrote:I don t mean to be boring Pork Bun but what about me?
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:47 pm

von Tauentzien wrote: Name when banned- von Tauentzien
Steam ID- STEAM_0:0:56519540
Server I was banned from- tf4.joe.to
Why I was banned- homophobic slurs
Why I think I should be unbanned- I was banned for a very very long time so i learned my lesson. Won t happen again i promise... cheers
Team killing is somewhat like "ok you apologized, won't do it again." That's fine. Nothing outrageous.

But with you, the constant usage of homophobic slurs is a different story. It tells us what kind of person you are. You've been warned several times by several admins and look where you're at today. Sure, you apologized, but you're still labelled as "that guy". You need to mature before we can unban you and in your case, it's still wayyyyy too soon.

This is EXACTLY what happened to Soundwave (someone who used to play here a lot), which, if I recall correctly, ended with him being banned for 3(?) years.
von Tauentzien wrote: I don t mean to be boring Pork Bun but what about me?
DENIED.

I discussed this with a Senior Admin and you're staying banned.
Shocky

Post by Shocky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:39 pm

Your in-game name at the time of your banning: Shocky the Electric Panther
Your SteamID (in STEAM_X:X:XXXX format): STEAM_0:0:48399153
Which server you were banned from: tf4.joe.to
Why you were banned: "Harassment"
Why you think you should be unbanned: I do not fully understand the reason I was banned, as I have never seriously "harassed" anyone in the server. Many times in a joking matter, as most players know. If there is a discussion and a solution that someone and I can create, I will be happy to oblige. Thank you.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Shocky wrote:Your in-game name at the time of your banning: Shocky the Electric Panther
Why you think you should be unbanned: I do not fully understand the reason I was banned, as I have never seriously "harassed" anyone in the server. Many times in a joking matter, as most players know. If there is a discussion and a solution that someone and I can create, I will be happy to oblige. Thank you.
Read this:

http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=72331

All of it.

You've harassed me in-game in the past and have been kicked several times in the past for harassment. We've had a short discussion on this several months ago on the server, where you claimed I was "cyber-bullying" you because I said "get good or die <insert a word>-ing". You were clearly butthurt and upset over it and continued to provoke me up until today. This behavior is unacceptable. Who is the one doing the cyber-bullying? A phrase that does not have a specific target ("Get good or die <insert word>-ing") or someone who is constantly name calling over the mic? If I wanted to speak to someone directly, it would have been "Shocky - get good or die <insert word>-ing", which I don't do, unless they're the older players which I know won't get all butthurt over it. Why? Because we've been playing together for a few years already and they're not chumps who just joined the server and think they're all that.

1. I don't know you.
2. You don't know me.
3. I'm not calling you any names.
4. Why get so butthurt over a video game that you must call people names to make yourself feel better? Ego much?

You need to grow up and redefine your definition of cyber-bullying vs. harassment. In the meantime, you can take some time off the server.
Shocky

Post by Shocky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Porky wrote:
Shocky wrote:Your in-game name at the time of your banning: Shocky the Electric Panther
Read this:

http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=72331

All of it.

You've harassed me in-game in the past and have been kicked several times in the past for harassment. We've had a short discussion on this several months ago on the server, where you claimed I was "cyber-bullying" you because I said "get good or die <insert a word>-ing". You were clearly butthurt and upset over it and continued to provoke me up until today. This behavior is unacceptable. Who is the one doing the cyber-bullying? A phrase that does not have a specific target ("Get good or die <insert word>-ing") or someone who is constantly name calling over the mic? If I wanted to speak to someone directly, it would have been "Shocky - get good or die <insert word>-ing", which I don't do, unless they're the older players which I know won't get all butthurt over it. Why? Because we've been playing together for a few years already and they're not chumps who just joined the server and think they're all that.

1. I don't know you.
2. You don't know me.
3. I'm not calling you any names.
4. Why get so butthurt over a video game that you must call people names to make yourself feel better? Ego much?

You need to grow up and redefine your definition of cyber-bullying vs. harassment. In the meantime, you can take some time off the server.
I would for one like to say: I've been around not as long as you, and I realize this, but I'm no new person to the server, but dont get this wrong, I am not using this as an excuse. How long I have been on the server does not matter, that is something everyone should know. As well as I dont get butthurt over what you say. You have heard me laugh at what you say to me, since I know its all fun and games. The times I quote you on it or say small things is just for fun.
Now to the numbers:
1. Yes, I dont know you, I understand that.
2. You also know know me, I think you understand that as well.
3. Calling people names alone is not cyber-bulling/harassment either. Simple teasing could be looked at as cyber-bullying.
4. I rarely get overly upset at what most people say. I usually shrug it off and dont care, like when I went through an entire day of Mastermind insulting me. I dont have an ego, I actually downgrade myself quite often.

Lastly, I was gone from the server for a few good month or so before coming back recently (Around 4-7 days ago I last recall), but if you dislike me and wish for me to stay away for a short while, I will do so. Just next time, give me a more solid heads up. I'll be back in a few days to a week most likely, enjoy your day.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:17 pm

Shocky wrote:
I would for one like to say: I've been around not as long as you, and I realize this, but I'm no new person to the server. As well as I dont get butthurt over what you say. You have heard me laugh at what you say to me, since I know its all fun and games. The times I quote you on it or say small things is just for fun.
Now to the numbers:
1. Yes, I dont know you, I understand that.
2. You also know know me, I think you understand that as well.
3. Calling people names alone is not cyber-bulling/harassment either. Simple teasing could be looked at as cyber-bullying.
4. I rarely get overly upset at what most people say. I usually shrug it off and dont care, like when I went through an entire day of Mastermind insulting me. I dont have an ego, I actually downgrade myself quite often.

Lastly, I was gone from the server for a few good month or so before coming back recently (Around 4-7 days ago I last recall), but if you dislike me and wish for me to stay away for a short while, I will do so. Just next time, give me a more solid heads up. I'll be back in a few days to a week most likely, enjoy your day.
I don't dislike anybody. Like I said, I don't know you and you don't know me. It's the internet, but it's the behavior on the server that has to change especially in voice chat. You say you're not upset, but the way it comes out over voice chat is a different story. You sound upset. You start name calling. I've warned and kicked you in the past and have brought it up with a senior admin and was told this behavior is unacceptable and that I should hand out a ban if it continues. It's easier to interpret whether someone is actually upset about something via voice chat. The tone you use changes the perspective, whether you actually mean it or you're serious. Sure, Hippie or whoever calls me names a lot, but we've been playing together for several years now and we know each other and know how we would react to insults. There's a HUGE difference between joking with people you know and people you don't. Refer to the link I posted. It's a good read on what people should start/stop doing.
Jeebus

Post by Jeebus » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 pm

Just got banned here's the info.

In game name was Jeebus 2.0
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69092061
Was banned from the Joe.to #4 TF2 server.
According to Cheddars I was banned for Chat spam but I was not warned or told directly as to why I was banned.
I believe I should be unbanned because I didn't do anything out of the norm. I used two binds which I have used in the server multiple times before and it didn't seem like an issue.

I have a part of the log if needed.