Unban Request Thread

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Petiee

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Petiee » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:45 pm

A Ninja wrote: To be fair, it was on wolf, which we all know as a sniper friendly map, hell I've gotten a score that high once or twice on a full server

His score isn't in question, it's about him getting headshots when his reticule isn't on their head.
neurosis prevents psychosis
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Petiee, that's not how you identify hackers. Lag compensation ensures that the reticle will RARELY be where the shot goes if you're spectating. What you need to look for is snapping, where the reticle will snap to an enemy faster than possible, even for experienced snipers who snap all the time (I.e. watching for inhuman movement speed and precision), as well as the player somehow tracking targets through walls. I haven't reviewed the evidence myself as I've been quite busy lately but according to those who did both of these things were very prevalent.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Neelpos wrote:...I haven't reviewed the evidence myself as I've been quite busy lately...
Then why the fuck are you commenting?
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Because everyone else is content to just review it, make a decision, then not explain said decision to anyone else including the accused and keep the evidence hidden in the admin forums. Apparently relaying information that people should know is a bad thing to you, Scooby.

Why the balls is this community so anti-transparency sometimes, jesus.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:22 pm

The community isn't anti transparency but you are jumping into a conversation without any knowledge which only serves to derail the conversation, in addition to the accusatory tone of the way you inserted yourself into the conversation.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:50 pm

scobywhru wrote:I'm a pot and I'm calling you black, kettle.
I've watched it now, and am not dissuaded from the information I shared earlier, of which I did not insert my own opinion but rather relayed information about why the ban would stay, and confirmed that yes evidence has been submitted to the administrators to back up the ban. There's lots of snapping, jittering any time a head appears on screen, and a lot of his mouse movement is way too mechanical at times, i.e. perfect horizontal or vertical movement for large distances. In addition the moment he's legitimately accused of hacking his skill sinks like a rock for an extended period, fitting in pretty nicely with the idea that he toggles. There is other information that has been provided however I will not copy paste it as it is merely ancillary to the previous points and I'm not in the interest in removing information unnecessarily from the privacy of the admin forums. The only derailing of this conversation is you, and I really can't figure out why you're doing it.

As no one else seemed to find the need to state it publicy I took it upon myself to do so as there's no reason it should be withheld. The matter has been investigated, it has been proven to the admins that the unban request is faulted and that the initial ban was indeed justified. Doge will remain permanently banned.

Something else that needs to be addressed though after watching this demo, and that's Petiee informing Doge he was being investigated by the admins who were online at the time, which only served to make said investigation more difficult. DO NOT INFORM HACKERS THEY ARE BEING INVESTIGATED, BRING YOUR COMPLAINTS TO THE ADMINS AND LET THEM DEAL WITH THE SITUATION. If you want to aid, record a demo, do not let the accused know he is being watched as toggling hacks is an actual thing. You can privately alert the admins to any issues by placing an @ at the begging of your in game chat messages.

I trust this will end the conversation, if not, message me privately, this thread is not meant for extended discussion.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:20 am

Neelpos wrote:Because everyone else is content to just review it, make a decision, then not explain said decision to anyone else including the accused and keep the evidence hidden in the admin forums. Apparently relaying information that people should know is a bad thing to you, Scooby.

Why the balls is this community so anti-transparency sometimes, jesus.
I didn't post it publicly because I saw no reason to do so. There's nothing that a normal player on our servers could do with the demo, so I just posted it there. If it means that much to everyone else, here's the demo in question:
http://www.joe.to/~bl4nk/other/doge.dem
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:29 pm

The demo being posted publicly was not what I was saying. The decisions made regarding the demo are what's important.
von Tauentzien

Post by von Tauentzien » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:51 am

Hello might i be unbanned now been quite some time. cheers
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 am

von Tauentzien wrote:Hello might i be unbanned now been quite some time. cheers
Little tip: Fill in the fomula at the first post on the first page
von Tauentzien

Post by von Tauentzien » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:13 am

worgeral wrote:
Already did it was like 5/4 months ago...
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:37 am

von Tauentzien wrote:Already did it was like 5/4 months ago...
That's true, however, back then you were told this:
Pork Bun wrote:The permanent ban stays. You should've listened to all the admins who warned you. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who had to warn you. Let this be a lesson to you when you find another server to play on. Follow their rules.

/discussion
After that, I suggested that you try again in 6 months. You couldn't even be bothered to wait that extra month. You are not good at following instructions which makes me doubt that you are ready to follow the rules of the server.
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Parasyte wrote:
von Tauentzien wrote:Already did it was like 5/4 months ago...
That's true, however, back then you were told this:
Pork Bun wrote:The permanent ban stays. You should've listened to all the admins who warned you. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who had to warn you. Let this be a lesson to you when you find another server to play on. Follow their rules.

/discussion
After that, I suggested that you try again in 6 months. You couldn't even be bothered to wait that extra month. You are not good at following instructions which makes me doubt that you are ready to follow the rules of the server.
Ahh ok what was this ban about? hack tk's racism?
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:00 pm

von Tauentzien wrote:
worgeral wrote:
Already did it was like 5/4 months ago...
PMing me to unban you will not get you unbanned.

Fill out the unban request on the first page. Doesn't matter when you first did it, do it again each time you make a request.
worgeral wrote:Ahh ok what was this ban about? hack tk's racism?
Repeated usage of homophobic slurs after many many warnings by several admins. He thought it'd be funny to say it in a different language and thought we wouldn't understand. In fact, I believe he told us exactly what it meant.
Why?
I DON'T MAKE MAPS!!!™

Post by Why? » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:29 am

jmtokx wrote:jmtokx
STEAM_0:1:54984216
tf4.joe.to
Exploiting
I understand the error of what I did, and humbly request an unban. I promise this will not happen again.
Since Thanksgiving weekend is over, you're now unbanned. Never let this happen again (seriously, this is your last chance).
"Too awesome to play; too legit to quit." — Team Spectator Motto