Unban Request Thread

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by bl4nk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:11 pm

I already unbanned you in your other thread.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:19 pm

I think you were banned by an old anti-tk plugin we were running. It was OK to TK at the time, but the plugin was set to automatically ban after 'x' TKs in 'y' seconds, and you set it off. The plugin has since been removed, and you will be unbanned on the next map change.
Twine

Post by Twine » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:46 pm

The map has changed, but I still haven't been unbanned. It happened earlier today, when was the plugin taken out?

Edit: I just noticed server 2 (challenge maps) also has me banned, though there was never an incident which took place on that server. I've only been on it once. Perhaps the ban carried over?
stabbyclaus wrote:happy bday. I also made a spray of norcal's ass.
ImageImage
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:08 pm

Woops, my bad. I never saved the unban file. Next map change you should be ubanned. And yes, once you're banned from one of our servers, you're banned from all of them.
the_stinky_pinky

Post by the_stinky_pinky » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:03 pm

My user name is the_stinky_pinky my steam ID is 0:0:17532753. I was "permanently banned for TKing" on joe.to TF2 server #3 on Saturday 03/2008 sometime around 4-5 AM for no reason as far as I can tell. Let me know if you need anything else.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:07 pm

Another victim of the plugin gone awry. Unbanned on mapchange.
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:42 am

Does the plugin kick players?

I got killed by an ENEMY sentry and immediately saw that the owning engineer was 'kicked by console' (sentry disappeared as it was showing me my killer). I was carrying the Intel if that somehow makes a difference when checking state. I am pretty sure the engineer wasn't TKing as he was patiently tending his sentry. The sentry may have racked up several Intel carrier kills.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:15 pm

No. He was either kicked by an admin or was kicked for a reserved slot. It will only ban TKers that have been punished 7 times in a map.
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Ah, OK. He quickly rejoined, so not sure what the case was. As it happens, I was recording a demo, so I will check to see if any other information was recorded.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
SHELLY A GIRL

Post by SHELLY A GIRL » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:32 am

bl4nk wrote:
bl4nk wrote:If you would follow the thread rules and post the required information, action would be taken.
Like I said before. Follow the thread rules and post the required information and action will be taken.
You know, I really, really would like to believe you. So I'll give it a shot, and maybe we'll see something done about it, but I do doubt it very much, honestly.

Name: SHELLY GIRL
STEAMID: STEAM_0:1:7287200
Server: TF2 #3
Ban: I've said homosexual F word. I've tk'd people. Broken every rule in the book, etc.
Unban: Everyone makes mistakes. By the way, if I get unbanned, I'll make a promise to never call someone the F word on the server again or make fun of Johnny5 for his chipmunk laugh.
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:46 am

There must have been someone immitating her then, because using disgusting words like awesome, I won't tolerate. I can tolerate swearing, but when you insult someone by calling them a awesome its dirty and disgusting.
snipersaurusrex wrote:YOU SAID YOU'D BE A PRICEY HOOKER. And you would.
Very pricey.
SHELLY A GIRL

Post by SHELLY A GIRL » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:47 am

Majin_hurricane wrote:There must have been someone immitating her then, because using disgusting words like awesome, I won't tolerate.
No, that was me. I must have said it once or twice and the admins neglected to give a warning before putting a ban on there.

Good to know though you won't tolerate it, the world needs more people like you.
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:48 am

Testing awesome "seems like the word "f a g g o t" is filtered.
snipersaurusrex wrote:YOU SAID YOU'D BE A PRICEY HOOKER. And you would.
Very pricey.
SHELLY A GIRL

Post by SHELLY A GIRL » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:50 am

Majin_hurricane wrote:Testing awesome
It's a swear filter on the forum software. And it's probably there for a reason, probably shouldn't try to circumvent it.

Hey, look what I saw in the thread titled "NEW ADMINS PLEASE READ THIS FIRST":
DO warn players about abusive,foul language towards others then kick if it continues and ban on 2nd offense.
I know it seems you're the type to ban first and not ask questions, but on these grounds and of my proposed agreement on the condition that I am unbanned, I would like to request again that you unban me.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:29 am

Shelly, there's a message that pops up every few minutes that says "Offensive slurs are not allowed" or something of the like. That's your warning, the admins don't need to give you one if they see fit.