Unban Request Thread

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
User avatar
Dangit Spongebobby!
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:31 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Dangit Spongebobby! » Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Perhaps the emphasis on "permanent" was unwarranted. Of course people should be able to appeal their bans. We can talk about it personally neelpos if you want :).
User avatar
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri May 09, 2014 11:32 am

Take this conversation to the Admin forums. There is no need to continue this conversation here.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Image
User avatar
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>
Posts: 11458
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:04 am
Contact:

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by mbaxter » Sat May 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Neelpos wrote:
Dangit Spongebobby! wrote:We've very permanently banned people for less before
I'd like to see what cases this has happened, because outside of driving to their houses, beating up all the senior staff, and pouring kool-aid all over the serverboxes permanent bans tend to always be open to repeal if certain criteria are met, the larger the offense, the harder it is to meet said criteria generally.
mnbvc655 is permanently banned from the Minecraft servers. He burnt my favorite house down!

Honestly I see no reason to keep most bans permanent. People change over time. If they don't, they'll pretty quickly make it clear why they should be banned again. Maybe I'll arrange for a tf2 mass amnesty soon, just for funsies.
Hippie of doom wrote:Take this conversation to the Admin forums. There is no need to continue this conversation here.
There are no admin forums, only Zuul.
Image
willbob91
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by willbob91 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:30 am

what the heck is a amnesty...or funsies?
"deliciousness is power" -Brassica prime
User avatar
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:39 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by rockerboy » Sun May 11, 2014 11:01 am

Rockerboy's guide for 12 year olds to mbaxter's sentences : He may unban everyone for "fun".
User avatar
Maha
Posts: 1355
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Maha » Sun May 11, 2014 12:52 pm

You basically get a 2nd chance...or 3rd, or 4th, or however many times baxter has probably done this. It's like a purging just less fun.
willbob91
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by willbob91 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:57 pm

a smart guy one said "less fun than purging is fun either way" so it sounds good to me.
"deliciousness is power" -Brassica prime
User avatar
Brig
Swiggity Swoogity
Posts: 1790
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Brig » Fri May 30, 2014 10:45 am

willbob91 wrote:a smart guy one said "less fun than purging is fun either way" so it sounds good to me.
VIEW CONTENT:
Image
Also is there honestly an upside to a mass unbanning?

I'm not saying there isn't, I'm just wondering what it might be.
User avatar
tehENEMY

<b></b>
Posts: 4126
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by tehENEMY » Fri May 30, 2014 12:04 pm

brigbar wrote: Also is there honestly an upside to a mass unbanning?
bogey
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
User avatar
Maha
Posts: 1355
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Maha » Fri May 30, 2014 12:41 pm

brigbar wrote: Also is there honestly an upside to a mass unbanning?
More hilarious unban requests?
willbob91
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by willbob91 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:57 pm

brigbar wrote:
willbob91 wrote:a smart guy one said "less fun than purging is fun either way" so it sounds good to me.
VIEW CONTENT:
Image
Also is there honestly an upside to a mass unbanning?

I'm not saying there isn't, I'm just wondering what it might be.
I said a smart guy once said. i never said i wasn't referring to myself
"deliciousness is power" -Brassica prime
User avatar
Maha
Posts: 1355
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Maha » Fri May 30, 2014 6:42 pm

willbob91 wrote:
brigbar wrote:
willbob91 wrote:a smart guy one said "less fun than purging is fun either way" so it sounds good to me.
VIEW CONTENT:
Image
Also is there honestly an upside to a mass unbanning?

I'm not saying there isn't, I'm just wondering what it might be.
I said a smart guy once said. i never said i wasn't referring to myself
The joke is that you're the only person that ever said that according to Google.
User avatar
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found
Posts: 11117
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:47 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Neelpos » Fri May 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Maha wrote:
willbob91 wrote:
brigbar wrote:
willbob91 wrote:a smart guy one said "less fun than purging is fun either way" so it sounds good to me.
VIEW CONTENT:
Image
Also is there honestly an upside to a mass unbanning?

I'm not saying there isn't, I'm just wondering what it might be.
I said a smart guy once said. i never said i wasn't referring to myself
The joke is that you're the only person that ever said that according to Google.
Actually the joke is that he is the smart guy. Another guy once said "whoosh".
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
User avatar
Nightwolf
Posts: 4058
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:55 am

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Nightwolf » Fri May 30, 2014 8:00 pm

tehENEMY wrote:
brigbar wrote: Also is there honestly an upside to a mass unbanning?
bogey
No.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Public Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
Image
Reality
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:25 pm

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Reality » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Reality™
Joe.to TF2 #4 Custom Maps FF server
Ban Reason: Racism

I had gotten a Scattergun in a trade that had the "N word" as a title, I was told to change it and I did. I received Two warnings to STILL change it even after I wasn't using it. I listened to the admins to not use it and I really just want to play with my friends again. =\
Post Reply