TF2 Performance Optimization

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Re: TF2 Performance Optimization

Post by bl4nk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:00 am

Do people still have problems playing TF2? I've been through 2 or 3 computer upgrades and have been playing on full graphics since the beginning.
Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:42 am

I'm not sure if people actually need performance configs, but the best one can be found here: https://chrisdown.name/tf2/
Mozart, dope for the most part.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:29 am

Ha, TF2 optimization... Unless they add a graphics/textures overhaul in one of their updates, that seems unnecessary at this stage for all but those still using outdated rigs. Though, a graphics/textures overhaul would be nice to see.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

I HIGHLY doubt that would happen since all custom maps would fail to be updated and the time and energy needed for the hats alone would be years of work. Without those it would be a stark contrast, unless you mean shitty lens flare, glare, and motion blur to hide crappy graphics in modern shooters.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:26 pm

scobywhru wrote:I HIGHLY doubt that would happen since all custom maps would fail to be updated and the time and energy needed for the hats alone would be years of work. Without those it would be a stark contrast, unless you mean shitty lens flare, glare, and motion blur to hide crappy graphics in modern shooters.
They broke a ton of custom CS:S maps in the last few years :(
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:38 pm

they didn't break ALL of them though
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.