Classless Update

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Classless Update

Post by KoD » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:58 pm

http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/

18 New hats!!
Team Fortress Blog wrote:Throughout history, men have worn hats as a way of showing how much better they are than other men. “I buy hats,” a behatted man seems to say. “I am better than you.”

In wartime, hats were a useful way of conferring rank, and ensuring that casualties were confined to the lower classes (hence the famous command of “Don't fire till you see the tops of their heads” at the Battle of Bunker Hill by William Prescott, a general renowned for only shooting enemy combatants who were poor). During peacetime, hats have been instrumental for men to let the non-hatted know just who is wearing the hat around here.

And that’s the entire history of hats. The history you were spoon fed at school, that is, in your government-run hat class. But here’s a little truth bomb your teachers, pastors and ombudsmen of your regional newspapers DON’T WANT YOU TO KNOW: Team Fortress now has MORE hats. We hope this didn’t blow your mind out of the top of your head, since you’ll need a place to put all these cool new hats.

Arena "OFFBLAST" ??
Team Fortress Blog wrote:Arena Offblast is a fast-paced, high-altitude community map set in a top secret missile silo wedged into the top of a hollowed-out mountain. Open-air paths and narrow hallways converge on a central control point located just under the silo’s blast doors.

This mountaintop arena also boasts a sheer cliff face encircling the battleground, giving you the chance to help your opponents improve their tactics. Specifically, anyone you blast over the side will get some time to think about the various flaws in their “standing next to the edge of a cliff” strategy as they plummet to an excruciating, non-respawnable death.
---
This is day 1 of many apparently.
Discuss.
stabbyclaus

Re: Classless Update

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:09 pm

really?? AWESOME.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:22 pm

...and here I am with only one hat...
ajunk

Post by ajunk » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:24 pm

sgt.smith
Xfire: sgtsmith

Post by sgt.smith » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:27 pm

I thought of this when it said Offblast. Watch the whole thing, you'll see.

stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:44 pm

is Offblast on the server??
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:52 pm

hats are meh
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
windowsmaster22

Post by windowsmaster22 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Yay! More things many of us won't see for a very long time. I've played countless hours since the last update and have only received the afro for the demo, which is the class I play the least. Yet I receive numerous Bonks and Sandviches. Come on!
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:27 pm

windowsmaster22 wrote:Yay! More things many of us won't see for a very long time. I've played countless hours since the last update and have only received the afro for the demo, which is the class I play the least. Yet I receive numerous Bonks and Sandviches. Come on!
same, Im beginning to suspect they make the afro hats more prevalent to promote demo in-game lol.
zwsaz1

Post by zwsaz1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:32 pm

I haven't even played over 2 hours of tf2 since the last update, I just dont really like the way it's going right now
I'm a young and grumpy teenager that is always complaining about the world, but is too lazy to do anything about it.
koko
[citation needed]

Post by koko » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm sure Bl4nk will have them under the !hats command in no time.
still no real earned hats here damnit and I refuse to fake idle.
CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?
Archer

Post by Archer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:58 pm

joe wrote:hats are meh
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:22 pm

Still haven't gotten ONE fucking hat yet. Bring em on, I say.
koko
[citation needed]

Post by koko » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:31 pm

thats because we don't play enough and have standards unlike the useless hacks that fake idle for there shit. they should be VAC banned.
CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?