TF Community cartoon series (EP. 6 NOW ONLINE!)

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Echo
Disciple of Smooze

Re: Team Fortress Community cartoon series

Post by Echo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:29 pm

ehlohel wrote:Is that why your name is 'Echo'?
Nah, they (and by they I mean nobody, but the voices in my head) call me Echo because I'm always bouncing off the walls.
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:34 pm

Velp wrote:There is a console command that save voice chat as a wav files. I can't remember what it is now and I don't believe it gives you any kind of a time stamp.
That would be cool if it was runnable during a demo playback, then Stabby could take individual voice files out of a chaotic clusterfuck and make something decent out of it (I stare at the tf4 trolls demo)

Still possible to get just the audio by outputting to AVI or TGA+WAV (though TGA/WAV would be a big mess), though it would be everything combined. Oh well. If anyone finds that command let me know, I can't find it through search.
Steam
GW2: Haymaker.8924 (Tinthundered, Encoelia)
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
Yatta!
Oh deer

Post by Yatta! » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:46 pm

I'll bake you a pizza if you put me in a video stabby <3
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:34 am

Haymakers9th wrote:
Velp wrote:There is a console command that save voice chat as a wav files. I can't remember what it is now and I don't believe it gives you any kind of a time stamp.
That would be cool if it was runnable during a demo playback, then Stabby could take individual voice files out of a chaotic clusterfuck and make something decent out of it (I stare at the tf4 trolls demo)

Still possible to get just the audio by outputting to AVI or TGA+WAV (though TGA/WAV would be a big mess), though it would be everything combined. Oh well. If anyone finds that command let me know, I can't find it through search.
i dont really mind timestamps but just having the audio files in one place (without the targa/avi mess) would be ideal as I could take that straight into flash and start working. If we find this command or whatever, it'd cut out 75% of the time needed as exporting wouldnt be as big of a time waster.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
aMudkip

Post by aMudkip » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:42 am

i would like to be in a video also :(
but don't know much about demos and stuff
ammaraskar

Post by ammaraskar » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:58 am

You could use voice_recordtofile 1 but I'm not sure if it records other people's voices too, someone should test that out. I'm also not sure where it records the file but the file's names should be "voice_decompressed.wav" and "voice_micdata.wav" so a quick windows search should tell you where they are.

Ikri - About to head home now. If I'm not back in Eugene in 10 hours, it's probably because we hit a deer and the deer won, or lost, depending on how you look at the situation. Ouch.
Neelpos - If it's still alive after the collision slit its throat for messing up your car, then drink its blood to gain its power.

<+collinday> gamesurge is obviously highly unstable... like windows ME
<@benderj2> collinday: YOUR MOM is obviously highly unstable... like windows ME
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:57 pm

tried voice_recordtofile 1 during demo playback, I got the files but they were seconds long (I played the demo for about 3/4 of the match) and didn't make sense. Was I using it wrong?
Steam
GW2: Haymaker.8924 (Tinthundered, Encoelia)
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
Zombie Christ

Post by Zombie Christ » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Everything needs more Mudkip
The Zombie Christ

"Turning water.... into Brains."
ammaraskar

Post by ammaraskar » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:01 am

You probably didn't do anything wrong, as I said I haven't tested out the command.

Ikri - About to head home now. If I'm not back in Eugene in 10 hours, it's probably because we hit a deer and the deer won, or lost, depending on how you look at the situation. Ouch.
Neelpos - If it's still alive after the collision slit its throat for messing up your car, then drink its blood to gain its power.

<+collinday> gamesurge is obviously highly unstable... like windows ME
<@benderj2> collinday: YOUR MOM is obviously highly unstable... like windows ME
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:43 pm

I'm back, but I still probably won't be able to go onto TF4 for a while. D:
NTbacteria

Post by NTbacteria » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:06 am

whoa stabby, this is quite an undertaking!
I am too much of a lazy bastard to be able to offer any help. All I can say is, I have always enjoyed your work and good luck! It would be really awesome to see this project succeed.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:11 am

NTbacteria wrote:whoa stabby, this is quite an undertaking!
I am too much of a lazy bastard to be able to offer any help. All I can say is, I have always enjoyed your work and good luck! It would be really awesome to see this project succeed.
thanks NT. right now, I'm looking to start really putting the pilot together in about 2 weeks if Fufu & I get this house we're looking at. Once we're done moving, there'll be time for this for sure :)
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:56 am

Apparently, I'm a toilet... :C
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:49 am

toilet face
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Wolsk wrote:Apparently, I'm a toilet... :C
I was joking Wolsk.

Maybe.