Dynamic Payload Map Contest

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
japanimater

Dynamic Payload Map Contest

Post by japanimater » Thu May 24, 2012 11:59 pm

As what was just showcased on the TF2 blog today( http://tf2.com/post.php?id=8059 ), TF2maps is holding a payload map making contest with the theme of "Dynamic (dy-nam-ic): A Force that stimulates change or progress within a system or process", they gave mapmakers 4 months to make a map. 4 months later they finished 27 maps, but after 2 weeks of preliminary voting they limited them down to the top 11. Now they're leaving it up to the community to test these 11 and vote for the top three. We have until June 6th to test the maps and vote.

I'm requesting we put these 11 maps on a rotation on either TF2 or TF6 and/or put the maps into the pool of maps on TF4. Also, I would like to request that if these are put on TF4, that on the nominate menu, these 11 are put under their own category for ease of access. I have a good feeling that whichever of these 3 maps wins will be submitted to Valve and released alongside one of their few big updates this year.
"Dynamic (dy-nam-ic): A Force that stimulates change or progress within a system or process"
Armed with only a rickety hammer and this definition of dynamic, the Mappers of TF2Maps.net took on the Major Mapping competition #7: Dynamic Payload. They had only four months to take this definition and incorporate it into an element (or two, or three, etc) for their payload map. Four months later, 27 payload/payload race maps were entered, each with its own dynamic elements. Two weeks of preliminary voting has narrowed down the field to the top eleven maps and now it is your turn, the community, to help decide the top 3. How well do these "dynamic" elements help the maps? Download the maps, play through them and decide. When you're done, be sure to vote on which ones you liked best!
http://dynamicpl.tf2maps.net/
Download: http://dynamicpl.tf2maps.net/dynamicpl_contest_maps.7z
Go here to register for the forum that lets you vote: http://forums.tf2maps.net/register.php
Vote, and please make sure to read their instructions to make sure you vote in the correct format: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?p=263424
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Re: Dynamic Payload Map Contest

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri May 25, 2012 12:19 am

japanimater wrote:As what was just showcased on the TF2 blog today( http://tf2.com/post.php?id=8059 ), TF2maps is holding a payload map making contest with the theme of "Dynamic (dy-nam-ic): A Force that stimulates change or progress within a system or process", they gave mapmakers 4 months to make a map. 4 months later they finished 27 maps, but after 2 weeks of preliminary voting they limited them down to the top 11. Now they're leaving it up to the community to test these 11 and vote for the top three. We have until June 6th to test the maps and vote.

I'm requesting we put these 11 maps on a rotation on either TF2 or TF6 and/or put the maps into the pool of maps on TF4. Also, I would like to request that if these are put on TF4, that on the nominate menu, these 11 are put under their own category for ease of access. I have a good feeling that whichever of these 3 maps wins will be submitted to Valve and released alongside one of their few big updates this year.
"Dynamic (dy-nam-ic): A Force that stimulates change or progress within a system or process"
Armed with only a rickety hammer and this definition of dynamic, the Mappers of TF2Maps.net took on the Major Mapping competition #7: Dynamic Payload. They had only four months to take this definition and incorporate it into an element (or two, or three, etc) for their payload map. Four months later, 27 payload/payload race maps were entered, each with its own dynamic elements. Two weeks of preliminary voting has narrowed down the field to the top eleven maps and now it is your turn, the community, to help decide the top 3. How well do these "dynamic" elements help the maps? Download the maps, play through them and decide. When you're done, be sure to vote on which ones you liked best!
http://dynamicpl.tf2maps.net/
Download: http://dynamicpl.tf2maps.net/dynamicpl_contest_maps.7z
Go here to register for the forum that lets you vote: http://forums.tf2maps.net/register.php
Vote, and please make sure to read their instructions to make sure you vote in the correct format: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?p=263424
Let's make this happen. Alot of these map's look like they will be fun as hell. Besides the server could always use more maps
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Why?
I DON'T MAKE MAPS!!!™

Post by Why? » Fri May 25, 2012 2:06 am

Hippie of doom wrote:Besides the server could always use more maps
We need more maps? I thought all we play is rooftime?
"Too awesome to play; too legit to quit." — Team Spectator Motto

Echo
Disciple of Smooze

Post by Echo » Fri May 25, 2012 2:49 am

Yay new maps and they are payload! J.A.E this is your second best idea yet!
The first was last summer and getting that swashbuckling hat.
Why? wrote:
No, the rotation is Rooftime, Desperados, Basictraining & Fieldtrip.
Learn these things man!
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Fri May 25, 2012 3:07 am

Even though I don't like PL (only like A/D CP, KotH, and smaller "5"CP maps), I'm always up for new maps no matter the game mode.
Why?
I DON'T MAKE MAPS!!!™

Post by Why? » Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 am

Echo wrote:Yay new maps and they are payload! J.A.E this is your second best idea yet!
Why? wrote:
Learn these things man!
Every time I see the top page of the forum, when there's a half-full/full server, there's rooftime. Desperados, maybe, but the last two? Not as often as you think.

Echo
Disciple of Smooze

Post by Echo » Fri May 25, 2012 6:15 am

Why? wrote:
Echo wrote:Yay new maps and they are payload! J.A.E this is your second best idea yet!
Why? wrote:
Learn these things man!
Every time I see the top page of the forum, when there's a half-full/full server, there's rooftime. Desperados, maybe, but the last two? Not as often as you think.
Oh, the ones that "fill" the server. Yeah my mistake on the last two.
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Fri May 25, 2012 9:06 am

wasn't it j2_restart 90% of the time? :D
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Fri May 25, 2012 9:26 am

j2_restart is best map on server.
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri May 25, 2012 9:59 am

Axis Denied wrote:j2_restart is best map on server.
You are correct......................The best map on the server is ...........(drum roll)...............j2_Restart
jermm

Post by jermm » Fri May 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Can we have a "payload map night" where we play all these maps in a row?
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri May 25, 2012 5:40 pm

jermm wrote:Can we have a "payload map night" where we play all these maps in a row?
Yet another BRILLIANT idea. MAke this happen tonight
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Sat May 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Has this happened yet? I've been going to their official server these past two nights to try out these maps because I have yet to see them in TF4.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 pm

I wanna play theeemmmm
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Why?
I DON'T MAKE MAPS!!!™

Post by Why? » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:24 pm

All done! Just go to the nominate list and nominate the maps you want.

Now leave me alone, I'm getting ready for my FL trip.