intolerant admin kicks local hero (mom's spaghetti)

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.

am i right?

yes
13%
no
3%
mom's spaghetti
84%

Total votes: 32
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Re: intolerant admin kicks local hero (mom's spaghetti)

Post by Hippie of doom » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:30 pm

I commend johnny on his attitude. In mystics defense he did say something before he started kicking AFK's. Now Saturday night i was kicked for exploiting without a warning or anything. When have i EVER intentionally used an exploit? I was taunting in spawn waiting for the game to begin. I like the rainbow taunt and i was doing it over and over again because it's the BEST TAUNT EVER. I guess a portion of the taunt was passing through the spawn door. I did not know because i was looking into the spawn room at my team and not at the spawn door. It killed an admin and without any warning i was kicked. Mind you someone used the exploit on me and killed me before i was kicked. It was not intentional. But no warning be it verbal or text onscreen was given. I wont name the admin because it doesn't matter. What matters is admins should follow the rules. Just because your an admin and something you don't like happens doesn't give them the right to just kick without warning. There are rules and procedures for a reason. What's the point in having those rules in place if the admin's that are supposed to be following them don't?
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Oh man, I was there, and I didn't realize you actually got kicked for that. Kicking Hippie over that?!! What a bunch of bullshit.
Image Image
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Hippie of doom wrote:It killed an admin and without any warning i was kicked.[...]I wont name the admin because it doesn't matter.
Yep that was me. I actually had to move into your taunt so it would hit me so I could figure out who was exploiting and deal with it. A kick is a warning, get over yourself.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Is there a Admin Rules document you can copy and paste from? I could have sworn there was supposed to be some other warning, like text or verbal before actually kicking... idk though I'm not an admin, but it did seem a bit extreme. :(
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Avvatar wrote:
Hippie of doom wrote:It killed an admin and without any warning i was kicked.[...]I wont name the admin because it doesn't matter.
Yep that was me. I actually had to move into your taunt so it would hit me so I could figure out who was exploiting and deal with it. A kick is a warning, get over yourself.
No a warning is a warning and a kick is a kick. Let's call a spade a spade here Avvatar. I knew it was you, i just did not want to name name's. Again it wasn't intentional and if something was said like hey who is taunting next to the spawn door it's passing through the door which is an exploit, Or a server message (not sure if you even have a mic or not) i would have said sorry and moved. The fact that you moved into it just to find out who was doing it (without saying anything) so you could kick someone instead of using your words is lame. Then when you saw it was me (a regular that has been playing in the joe server for alittle over 4 years now) and kicked me anyways instead of saying hippie you should know better or something is in my opinion a DICK move on your part. But opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one and they all stink. The point is if there are rules in place for the admin's to follow, Be it a verbal warning then an On Screen text warning then a kick and they don't follow them, then what's the point of having rules to begin with? In both johnny's case and mine, we are long time regulars in the server and we know the rules. If something was said and we were given alittle time to respond before being kicked the problem would have been resolved without anyone being kicked. I'm just saying lol Don't worry Avvatar i still love you man <3 lol
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:44 pm

warn, kick, ban is what i've always heard for anything not obviously malicious, and i doubt any of the regulars would do anything prohibited intentionally
knowing exploits are not allowed and recognising something as such are two entirely different things by the way, so warning first is always an option
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Hippie of doom wrote:Then when you saw it was me (a regular that has been playing in the joe server for alittle over 4 years now) and kicked me anyways instead of saying hippie you should know better or something is in my opinion a DICK move on your part.
When I saw it was you I almost didn't kick. Almost. But regulars are expected to know the rules; are expected to live up to them better. Reserved slot holders are to expect harsher treatment when they break the rules. We know you know them. A kick is a warning. This may not hold true in other games (in Counter-strike it will remove you from the round and cost you whatever cash you've got saved) but it most certainly is in TF2.

Oh damn. I thought to "call a spade a spade" was referring to the racial slur. I had realized this some years ago and was proud for having realized. Turns out it's actually referring to the shovel and the phrase predates the slur. Though the phrase is now commonly avoided because some people believe, as I did, that it refers to the slur. Found all this out while googling images to make my post more amusing.

Oh, and <3
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Hug it out guys, hug it out.
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Hug's for everyone. Alright people BACK IN THE PILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bourgeois

Post by Bourgeois » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:04 am

Not to bump a dead thread, but Johnny's one of the reasons I'll be donating to the server when I can get a job.
Archer

Post by Archer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:45 am

Johnny5072 wrote:dooshy mcdooshersons
I read that in your voice. Freaky.
Johnny5072

Post by Johnny5072 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Bourgeois wrote:Not to bump a dead thread, but Johnny's one of the reasons I'll be donating to the server when I can get a job.
Thanks for the compliment. :)

And yes Archer,

It is meant to be read in Johnny5 voice. :D
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Archer you still have the avatar I made you, THAT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME <3
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Cow
pl w+4 b
<b>pl w+4 b</b>

Post by Cow » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Man I was really hoping someone was going to throw a hissy fit in this thread.

2/10 would not read again