I got Muted

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Re: I got Muted

Post by mbaxter » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:33 am

To clarify:

The accusations so far against enemy have been about really minor things like a single player being muted for a short period. This is something that can't easily be found in the logs since it's standard admin activity to do that. If an admin slays the entire server mid-round or bans a pile of users without cause I don't need approximate timestamps, I can just find that. It's not normal and sticks out.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 am

mbaxter wrote:If an admin slays the entire server mid-round or bans a pile of users without cause I don't need approximate timestamps, I can just find that. It's not normal and sticks out.
Oh god...he knows.
STOP TOYING WITH ME!
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:39 am

Okay THANK YOU lol
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:39 am

Avvatar wrote:
mbaxter wrote:If an admin slays the entire server mid-round or bans a pile of users without cause I don't need approximate timestamps, I can just find that. It's not normal and sticks out.
Oh god...he knows.
STOP TOYING WITH ME!
HAHAHAHA.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 am

mbaxter wrote:
Hippie of doom wrote:I would figure that when two people who never complain on the forums about people or admins ever, post complaints about an admin, that would in the very least be enough to have someone look into the issue. Enemy has admin slayed me for no reason before. Did i post a complaint in the forums? No. You know why? Because i know that nothing will be done about it. I actually told you baxter over steam chat about it and i do believe your response was grow up or something to that affect so my first response in this thread "and so it begins again" still stands. *walks away from thread*
I can't do much looking into issues without timestamps. This thread is the second accusation with a time attached and the first one was bullshit. I don't recall ever receiving a message from you over abusive slaying. If you distrust me, then post the info publicly on the forums and another senior staffer will look into it.

Your first response "and so it begins again" does stand. Baseless accusations without evidence have come back!
I'm not surprised you don't remember because it was at the very least 4 or 5 months ago that that incident happened.
I think that the issue being brought to the forums makes it not baseless. Something had to have happened to make the people that posted the complaints post them to begin with. As long as Enemy and any other admin for that matter follows the rules that are in place for an admin then i have no problem with whatever he does as an admin and neither should anyone else just as long as he/they follows the rules. The issue is not following the rules for issues like this. That's my point. Now i have kids videos to test at work lol fucking dora and sesame street all day long. I have said my peace and whatever happens happens. and IAN you are a filthy slut and i love you to death. lol
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:15 pm

So in short: Enemy (and probably not just him either) needs to explain what he does more / clearer, and if anything happens, "take it to the forums" means post details like approximate time

can we now move on, however amusing this thread may be?
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 pm

NightFantom wrote:So in short: Enemy (and probably not just him either) needs to explain what he does more / clearer, and if anything happens, "take it to the forums" means post details like approximate time

can we now move on, however amusing this thread may be?
Agreed my fine feathered friend. Ohh and +10 for 3 ducks post. lol
RideTheWalrus
Butts.
<font color=#FF80BF><b><i>Butts.</i></b></font>

Post by RideTheWalrus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:57 pm

I have no say in these arguments.
Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Drakenlord wrote:I can't remember the amount of time I got muted because I got Unmuted without knowning it

He could have Muted me a few secs and unmuted without telling me
Just to clarify, I unmuted you a few minutes after you were muted by enemy and I saw you complaining in chat. You found out you were unmuted maybe 1 minute later. I told you in chat when I did it but I guess it got lost/you did see it. Enemy had no plans to unmute you, as far as I know.
Mozart, dope for the most part.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:11 pm

The server unmutes after they logout\ switch maps.
Regardless I had no intention of unmuting that map.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
3 Ducks
High-Chancellor of Bread Crumbs

Post by 3 Ducks » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Hippie of doom wrote: Agreed my fine feathered friend. Ohh and +10 for 3 ducks post. lol
Quack
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Although I do agree Enemy is quick to make decisions on his admin powers but you guys should really not be the same so hastily to ripping out the pitchforks and torches.

Alien was being weird and not like he wasn't warn or given the chance to stop, like seriously he's been doing this for 2 days straight without changing his awkward topics (really awkward). He had plenty of time to stop making shit weird on the server and was blatantly acknowledging how bad his topics were with the people we had on the server.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:07 pm

tehENEMY wrote:The server unmutes after they logout\ switch maps.
Regardless I had no intention of unmuting that map.
To prevent something like this from happening again, just make sure that it's clear they know why they were muted (or whatever). Punishment without reasoning isn't going to make anything better, it normally just pisses people off.
Petiee

Post by Petiee » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Remember that time we talked about remembering that time that this happened the last time this happened.
TehEnemy mutes people, people don't like to be muted, and people who have been muted like to go to the forums.
This has happened before and will happen again.
neurosis prevents psychosis
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Petiee wrote:This has happened before and will happen again.
Frak you.