My computer died :(

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Mastermind1011

My computer died :(

Post by Mastermind1011 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:39 pm

After 6 years of faithful service, ol' Betsy finally crapped out on me. C'est la vie, mais je ne fait pas jeuxs for a while.

On the bright side, got an internship with Intel coming up so hooray for employee discounts on consumer processors! On the brighter side, this means I probably won't be on til the internship ends late August, so hopefully I'll miss the wave of fresh idiots that the forum is all up in arms about. :awesome:

I'mma miss my tf4 fix, but hopefully I'll be back on sooner than later. (Not that most of you dicks care) :[
Mr.Pink

Re: My computer died :(

Post by Mr.Pink » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:32 pm

well think of it this way, you got time to build a new rig capable of running all the next gen games with the graphics set to ultra.
may I suggest this'n for a decent referance/price guide http://www.logicalincrements.com/
Oh bugger
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Oh definitely been eyeing logical increments for a while. Love gawking at computer hardware. I only need to update my mobo+processor, everything else in it ain't broke yet. Besides, the new consoles are probably gonna set the pace for graphical fidelity, and seeing as that the specs for them are rather underwhelming from a pure power perspective, pretty sure it won't be too hard to get stuff set up at ultra even for years to come.

On the other hand, stuff I will blow money on eventually: Oculus Rift + TrackIR + Virtuix Omni (maybe). Definitely not going to mind finally getting something with more cores to handle all them parallel threads, not that the GPU ain't doing a fine job of that already. :[
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:20 pm

That explains where you've been.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
BPM

Post by BPM » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:22 pm

I've been waiting for my computer to die now for quite some time but this hunk of junk doesn't want to fail. I built this thing in 2004. It's lost a fan blade on the CPU heatsink and the motherboard becomes un-seated thanks to the missing fan blade but for some reason It still runs cool and quiet and keeps on living. No hardware failures or anything. :disappointed:
Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:51 am

BPM wrote:I've been waiting for my computer to die now for quite some time but this hunk of junk doesn't want to fail. I built this thing in 2004. It's lost a fan blade on the CPU heatsink and the motherboard becomes un-seated thanks to the missing fan blade but for some reason It still runs cool and quiet and keeps on living. No hardware failures or anything. :disappointed:
how do you kill that which has no life?!

but honestly I'm still quite ignorant when it comes to hardware, logical increments was a bloody life saver when I came to build my first computer here. But ever since then my old consoles have been collecting dust, well except for the PS3 since "the last of us" came out.
Oh bugger
Maha

Post by Maha » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:33 pm

I just ask my intelligent friends pick out parts for me and I just buy them and put them together. :P
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:37 pm

In recent news: interns don't get discounts on the cool stuff. Ordered parts, they get here Wednesday, yay
Naxus

Post by Naxus » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:53 pm

My computer just exploded not sure if its worth to salvage any of it or find a boat and send it off Viking style.

Hope to see you back Mastermind soon.
bloodcrow

Post by bloodcrow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Mastermind- make a grocery list of what you are trying to build and what parts you might need. I have no idea what i have in my spare parts bin but even if you need a video card for a loaner while you save for a higher end model, i'm sure i have a few things here and there that can help you out.

Seriously- don't be afraid to ask.
Yeah, but then your face was there and I shot it. -Parasyte
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to touch your butt. - Pablo the Flying Macho Penis
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Naxus wrote:My computer just exploded not sure if its worth to salvage any of it or find a boat and send it off Viking style.

Hope to see you back Mastermind soon.
This made me depressed

Come back to mumble so we can l4d Nasu- Naxus
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:00 pm

I was wondering where you've been.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:20 pm

Computer be fixed. Thanks for the generous offer, bloodcrow, but yeah, it's all running now. Oldest part in it now is a GTX 570, which replaced an old GT 9800 years back, so I should be good for another 5 or 6 years.

Also, Naxus: I replaced the mobo, processor, and RAM on my computer. RAM should work perfectly, mobo is probably okay, I think the failure in my model was the processor (5 years old and I overclocked it for the last year so it died of old age). I don't think you can really use the mobo, given how old it is, but if you'd like 4x1 GBs of RAM hit me up, I don't mind sending it to you. It's not doing anything here anymore.
Kivivarvas

Post by Kivivarvas » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:51 am

Wow, this many people have had their computer explode as well? Mine got broken few weeks ago. Basically the screen blacked out completely.
Yup, my toes are dried up again.
Velp

Post by Velp » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Kivivarvas wrote:Wow, this many people have had their computer explode as well? Mine got broken few weeks ago. Basically the screen blacked out completely.
Could be the summer heat getting to the older parts.
mbaxter wrote:David tennant makes everything better
Neelpos wrote:Because maybe if my post count is high enough everyone will love me, golly