The upcoming update [RELEASED]

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
dragoonofdeath
Explosive Substance

Re: The upcoming update [RELEASED]

Post by dragoonofdeath » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:07 am

The last few days have been shit for me steamwise. From the 7th to the 10th, I couldn't even get on steam without the bootstrapper exploding. Now that I got that fixed, TF2 won't play. It crashes when I try to join a server. I've re-downloaded twice, verified game cache 5 times. Nothin seems to work. :/

I was wanting to play today to. get as many of these crates as possible so I could sell em after the event is over or somethin.
See you Space Cowboy
Steam name: Dragoonofdeath
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:38 am

@Wolsk You don't realize how good this is. Even if they resort to using that to restore charge, that pistol has reduced damage, and since I have the razorback, I have an even better chance of fighting off spies.

Also, finally I am able to kill all of the baddie snipers that used the Croc set.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Maha

Post by Maha » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:33 pm

Quick-Fix is now god like. I love this.

Quick-Fix forever. <3
Cypher_

Post by Cypher_ » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:22 am

A Ninja wrote:Also, finally I am able to kill all of the baddie snipers that used the Croc set.
Doesn't the Danger Shield make it so that Snipers can't be killed with a non-charged headshot though?
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:03 am

It's never been an issue for me, usually they've taken a little bit of damage from something else, and that's good enough, or I just charge 1 extra second. With the set, even if they were at half health, they'd still survive a headshot.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:51 am

The fuck are those little gravestone things ?
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:26 am

I think that is for killing someone with a set
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:30 am

nah; i wasn't wearing a set when he killed me. I'm thinking more along the lines of just "get a kill, leave a marker". Some weird little 'fun' thing they added in.

Like silly sundays, only less confetti.
dragoonofdeath
Explosive Substance

Post by dragoonofdeath » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:44 am

a couple of the sets leave 'calling cards' now. I think the ones that do are the Saharan Spy, Gas Jockey and the scouts superhero whatever the fuck set.
See you Space Cowboy
Steam name: Dragoonofdeath
BPM

Post by BPM » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:06 pm

dragoonofdeath wrote:The last few days have been shit for me steamwise. From the 7th to the 10th, I couldn't even get on steam without the bootstrapper exploding. Now that I got that fixed, TF2 won't play. It crashes when I try to join a server. I've re-downloaded twice, verified game cache 5 times. Nothin seems to work. :/
Do you still have this problem ?

The July 8th update has caused problems for some users leading to a freeze on the "loading" screen before the main menu. Now Valve has supposedly fixed this issue with the update on July 9th but it was only fixed for some users. A few of us unlucky ones are still getting freezes before the main menu. I can get to the main menu of TF2 but as soon as I open the sever browser my game freezes. I can't play any other source game, CS:S and L4D2 freeze before I can get to the main menu. I've reinstalled all source games and steam and still experience this problem. Note I'm saying freeze and not crash, there's a difference.

If you can get to the main menu of TF2 without freezing your somewhat lucky as there's still a way to join a game. Enable the developer console and join through it using the connect command (connect tf4.joe.to). It's the Steam client/server browser that seems to be causing the trouble and not the game itself. Hope this helps.