Some Help please

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Some Help please

Post by KatanaRama » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:30 am

For a while now I've been thinking things over, and I realized that I swear WAY to much and say overly harsh and rash things when I play on tf4. It's not something i'm proud of, and I don't wan't to be that guy who everyone thinks is a complete asshole. I really hate how much of problem this is for me, and i'd really like to tone it down a bunch and/or stop.
So I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out and give me some suggestions and pointers and stuff to help me cut back on the harsh language, because i'm almost certain you guys hate it as much as I do (if not more).
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Re: Some Help please

Post by Neelpos » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:06 am

We are exactly the wrong fucking people to ask.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:18 am

Ok, first of.....i was there
KatanaRama wrote:For a while now I've been thinking things over, and I realized that I swear WAY to much and say overly harsh and rash things when I play on tf4. It's not something i'm proud of, and I don't wan't to be that guy who everyone thinks is a complete asshole. I really hate how much of problem this is for me, and i'd really like to tone it down a bunch and/or stop.
So I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out and give me some suggestions and pointers and stuff to help me cut back on the harsh language, because i'm almost certain you guys hate it as much as I do (if not more).
^
Because i was playing in the server around that time. I wasn't completely following the conversation ,but apparently some people got offended at someone talking about
twerking and other sexual related stuff. The person who brought it up said that he felt restricted on the things he was allowed to talk. In reality, it seems to be typical
over-exaggeration from the server ,but at one point an admin had to mute the voice chat for 10 seconds due to 3 people bickering. I hope Katanarama wasn't one of them
because if you are going to bring a complaint be direct to the point. Because what you posted doesn't help anyone or anything since didn't even try to explained what happened
and instead are venting on something that is not related to what occurred.
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:04 am

If you're a potty mouth in rl, I can see it carrying over into the game. If you're not, then:

1. Don't take the game so seriously.
2. See #1.

All I hear from you is cursing in a raging tone.

tl;dr - self control.
Last edited by Bun on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:07 am

The way I avoid swearing is by not swearing. It's really not hard.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:32 am

Just let the game be an outlet so it doesnt spread in to real life. I yell a lot online and get a decent amount of rage out and it makes things easier to cope with irl. Work, school and dealing with people is much easier knowing i have an outlet to vent. As long as things dont go too far and you dont develop an actual hatred of online people, dont worry about it and make sure youre still able to have a good time. Everyone is here to play games, so just dont ruin the fun for anyone.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:41 am

You could just, y'know, not talk.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Tokengekko

Post by Tokengekko » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:32 am

Neelpos wrote:We are exactly the wrong fucking people to ask.
This and nothing else.
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:53 am

Just don't swear. It's not like you have a tick or something for swearing...right? >.>
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:56 am

Wolsk wrote:The way I avoid swearing is by not swearing. It's really not hard.
Pretty much this.

Just think before you speak. That may sound cliche, but most people on TF4 just spout whatever comes to their minds. As Porky said, "self control".
Sanvich Hoovy wrote:You could just, y'know, not talk.
Also this; remember: "Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise" Prov. 17:28

Take a break from the mic for a bit. Ease back into it and try to chime in only when you have something to contribute to the existing dialogue rather than using the mic to rant and rage.
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:45 am

I can appreciate a good ol' bit of mic rage, and I probably indulge in it a bit too much myself.

Tips: 1. Get a wife. Shouting angry things randomly seems a lot sillier when there's someone else in the room.

2. Turn down your mic transmit volume. No one cares if you're raging if it's at a whisper.

3. Just don't do it if someone else is talking. The worst thing about people mic spamming is that it overwhelms actual conversation. Just avoid doing that and you're a step above a lot of people here.
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Django wrote:Ok, first of.....i was there
KatanaRama wrote:For a while now I've been thinking things over, and I realized that I swear WAY to much and say overly harsh and rash things when I play on tf4. It's not something i'm proud of, and I don't wan't to be that guy who everyone thinks is a complete asshole. I really hate how much of problem this is for me, and i'd really like to tone it down a bunch and/or stop.
^
Because i was playing in the server around that time. I wasn't completely following the conversation ,but apparently some people got offended at someone talking about
twerking and other sexual related stuff. The person who brought it up said that he felt restricted on the things he was allowed to talk. In reality, it seems to be typical
over-exaggeration from the server ,but at one point an admin had to mute the voice chat for 10 seconds due to 3 people bickering. I hope Katanarama wasn't one of them
because if you are going to bring a complaint be direct to the point. Because what you posted doesn't help anyone or anything since didn't even try to explained what happened
and instead are venting on something that is not related to what occurred.
You misunderstand, this wasn't a complaint about an event or anything this was just me asking for some advice. As well as seeing the other tf4 players views on my excessive cursing and stuff.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:46 pm

When pablo joined the server, he was an annoying shithead who wouldn't stop swearing over the mic. After several mutes, I put up a vote to see if anyone else was annoyed by his excessive cursing. Think about 80%+ of a pretty full server found it annoying. He toned it down from that day onwards and look at him now. He's doing fine.

It's pretty simple really. Just don't do it. :| Or every time you feel like you wanna drop F bombs, do it without holding your transmit button down.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am

I don't really see why it's such a big deal unless it's like.. literally every other word... I couldn't care less about swearing, they're just words deemed "bad" by society :| (slurs are different of course) Just be yourself, mang..

Now, if you are seriously like.. RAGING, like actually taking anger out on people on the game then yeah, I hope you find what you need to be more at peace as that is not good for anyone. I've taken anger/frustration out on people a few times in the server and I always feel bad about it :C
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Kivivarvas

Post by Kivivarvas » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:56 am

It`s pretty rare for a guy to ask for help on his attitude on the server. In my sincere opinion, Katana isn`t as bad as some other players.

Just try to not shout everything out, and you will do fine. Look at me, I´ve had couple of explosive shout moments, but I`m still doing fine.
Yup, my toes are dried up again.