was it admin abuse?

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Sirc001

was it admin abuse?

Post by Sirc001 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:18 am

On valentine's night, I was in the tf4 server and this guy called rottencheese joins in. It was playing train rain and the majority of the server was having a good time. Everyone was laughing and gawking and enjoying the wackiness of the map, but rottencheese kept randomly saying the map was total and utter crap. Now, this isn't enough for a complaint but what he later did on the map and the next is. He said that he's one of the oldest people on the server, despite a few people saying they've never seen him before. He also claimed the server was his and said it was more about skill than fun. Like, try hard, get gud type of skill. Then on the next map of harvest, he ordered everyone to be sniper or else they get a banned. Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something close called him out on it, and then loaf was suddenly banned for a solid minute by an admin. As I called him out on this as well, using rather vulgar language i'll admit but not the type against server rules, he then muted me. And now we're here where I type this complaint up. I didn't know where exactly to put this, so I just figured the average tf2 forum would be good enough. I have to mention that some one named 'You deserved it' that sounded like she was his near lackey was on, agreeing with him constantly like a lemming.

My main point is: Is this pure admin abuse, did some one mess up big time some where, or am I missing the complete point of the server?
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Re: was it admin abuse?

Post by rottencheeseCA » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:23 am

you are very dumb. you do not understand anything

Edir: you seed very dumb, you might be any idoit
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
Tzeryushi

Post by Tzeryushi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:28 am

A+ post 100 points you won
\ˈ(t)ser-yü-shē\
Lexiprawn
Zookeeper and Conductor of Prose

Post by Lexiprawn » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:28 am

Rottencheese has a girlfriend?
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:31 am

Wow someone actually decided to make a forum account and complain and it was an issue that didn't even matter

Sirc001 - 1

The rest of the community - points are bullshit and new people dont get anything
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Yatta!
Oh deer

Post by Yatta! » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:47 am

I think he earned it.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:03 am

tl;notgonnaread - please see red text.
Sirc001 wrote:He said that he's one of the oldest people on the server, despite a few people saying they've never seen him before.
New regulars + mic spam = drives old people away, minus a few who come on once in a while. There are A LOT of people who don't go on TF4 anymore because of this.
Sirc001 wrote:Everyone was laughing and gawking and enjoying the wackiness of the map, but rottencheese kept randomly saying the map was total and utter crap.
1. It is utter crap.
2. I'm entitled to my own opinion and same goes for everyone else.
3. See #1.
Sirc001 wrote:Like, try hard, get gud type of skill.
Get good, or die mic spamming.
Sirc001 wrote:He also claimed the server was his and said it was more about skill than fun. Like, try hard, get gud type of skill. Then on the next map of harvest, he ordered everyone to be sniper or else they get a banned. Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something close called him out on it, and then loaf was suddenly banned for a solid minute by an admin.
Dunno what happened here, but all parties you mentioned that are involved, replied here already.
Sirc001 wrote:As I called him out on this as well, using rather vulgar language i'll admit but not the type against server rules, he then muted me.
I'd mute you too.

If you're Sircool, for the love of Gaben, stop yappin' so much all the time. Seems like most of us can't get it through to you in-game without having to mute you, so I'm gonna post this here. We don't need to hear everything that goes on on your monitor. :|

"No one is going to call you a mute if you don't talk for more than 30 seconds."
Last edited by Bun on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirc001

Post by Sirc001 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:41 am

and now everyone is snapping at me for something I was told later was a 'joke'. It wasn't funny at the goddamn time, it's still not goddamn fun. It's like going into a bank, raising and firing a gun into the air, then saying 'i'm not going to rob or kill you.'

and now pork is giving sass for me bringing attention to something that isn't even a good idea as a joke. it doesn't matter if it was a joke or not, admin powers shouldn't even be considered to be used like that. I'm also not going to deny I use my mic an unneeded amount, but that is not what's discussed here at the moment. so instead of acting like you want to shoot daggers into my face, at least listen to what i'm trying to say since i hardly ever try to post on the forums, considering this is my third account made since i forget the password/email address i used for the last two.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:46 am

I'm fairly certain Loaf can defend himself if this wasn't a joke and he would've made a post about it before you did.
Sirc001

Post by Sirc001 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:55 am

Of course. I'm saying that's it's not ok if it was or wasn't a joke. it doesn't goddamn matter if it's a joke and loaf was in on it, the fact that the ability was flaunted like some sort of royalty crown and used in the appearance of misusage is not ok. I'm not defending Loaf, I only included him as an example from the original story.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:03 am

Sirc001 wrote:Of course. I'm saying that's it's not ok if it was or wasn't a joke. it doesn't goddamn matter if it's a joke and loaf was in on it, the fact that the ability was flaunted like some sort of royalty crown and used in the appearance of misusage is not ok. I'm not defending Loaf, I only included him as an example from the original story.
I only replied because things aren't always what they seem. Some of the logic in your OP just didn't make sense and I'm just pointing it out. Most new people only have a one track mind set like what you stated here:
Sirc001 wrote:He said that he's one of the oldest people on the server, despite a few people saying they've never seen him before.
I'm simply pointing it out. Also saw this as a way of finally getting through to you about your excessive talking.
Sirc001

Post by Sirc001 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:19 am

I get that, just my point is that admin powers shouldn't be flaunted like they were. I'm not asking for some one to be warned, banned, or have their powers taken away. I'm only asking that they don't do it again. And also since he just did it in a way that was nearly a comparable tier of awful as the pair of people who came on right after that kept shouting the n word.

Staged or not, admin powers shouldn't be displayed and used like that in my opinion. I freaking made this post to ask if it was alright, it wasn't accusing anyone of anything, it wasn't demanding some sort of punishment for any one, I just wanted a goddamn answer from some one who could give an actual answer. I get four different people jumping down my throat, calling me and idiot and a fool for people acting like dicks and act like an average troll, only with a different gimmick than just shouting the n word.

I wrote it like the way it happened. Nothing more, nothing less. And I know I have a talking problem.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:23 am

Brilliant.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:52 am

If you value whatever tiny bit of dignity you "might" still have among the members of this community stop posting and just take the mic spam advice and walk away.

Its like bitching out of a fight, its probably the right thing to do, but you're being a bitch.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:09 am

That's one big signature you got there Loaf lol.