Problems with admin

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Lambguy

Problems with admin

Post by Lambguy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:44 pm

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section but here goes. I was playing TF2 like normal; talking every once in a while, etc. etc. When suddenly I am kicked from the server by an admin. I reconnect and ask in text chat why I was kicked, receiving the response that my mic quality was bad. When I pointed out that he could have muted me, and should have warned me first, the only response I got was to drop it or take it up on the forums. So, here I am. The admin was Durky Durky.J2
Pocatello

Re: Problems with admin

Post by Pocatello » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:06 pm

I kicked you.

Your microphone sounds awful. There wasn't any hint that you were talking... it sounded like you were a very loud garbled mess.

Please fix your microphone before you use it again. Thanks.
-----------
TF2 name: Durka Durka Durka
-----------
Avvatar wrote:I know who you're talking about, Adam. But also cannot remember his name for the life of me. I want to say Pocatello but I'm nearly positive that's me misspelling the name of some other admin with poor grammar.
Parasyte wrote:I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:19 pm

YEAH MORE ADMIN PROBLEMS... But seriously it sounds like we arent getting enough of the story. Did Durka ask you to stop using your mic and did you continue use of it? Were other players clearly annoyed by your mic use? Did you not attempt to to fix a clear problem before you were kicked?

Im gonna side with Durka for now until we get more of a story. Admins have the right to kick those that are making the server less fun for others/not listening to an admin, and spamming a bad microphone is definitely something that i would consider fun ruining.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Lambguy

Post by Lambguy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Pocatello wrote:I kicked you.

Your microphone sounds awful. There wasn't any hint that you were talking... it sounded like you were a very loud garbled mess.

Please fix your microphone before you use it again. Thanks.
The problem is you didn't bother to tell me my mic was having problems or even mute me. While I will be fixing my mic I had no way of knowing it had problems and as an admin you should, in my opinion, be helping solve problems instead of just weeding them out.
Lambguy

Post by Lambguy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:24 pm

loafozard wrote:Did Durka ask you to stop using your mic and did you continue use of it? Were other players clearly annoyed by your mic use? Did you not attempt to to fix a clear problem before you were kicked?
No, I had no idea there were any problems until I was kicked. In retrospect, no-one was really responding to anything I said, but that's par for the course for me :( In fact, the reason I made this thread was because I wasn't warned at all.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:34 pm

you didn't bother to tell me my mic was having problems
If this is true then you're in the wrong here, Pocatello, unless someone has voice_loopback on then they won't be able to hear if their mic is messed up. Always inform someone of the issue, if they keep trying to use the mic, mute them, reserve kicking for more serious offenses.

Admin powers are last resorts, always use communication as your first step.

Unless it's Loaf, always kick Loaf and explain in the ban message that he needs to git gud
Last edited by Neelpos on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Pocatello

Post by Pocatello » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Lambguy wrote:
loafozard wrote:Did Durka ask you to stop using your mic and did you continue use of it? Were other players clearly annoyed by your mic use? Did you not attempt to to fix a clear problem before you were kicked?
No, I had no idea there were any problems until I was kicked. In retrospect, no-one was really responding to anything I said, but that's par for the course for me :( In fact, the reason I made this thread was because I wasn't warned at all.

Welcome to J2.

I chose not to warn you. Your mic was really that bad. I kicked you in order to get your attention, or stop the mic noise. When you returned to the server within a minute or two I explained why you were kicked. I then suggested that you should bring this up at the J2 forum.

You are to be commended for bringing this to the forum. No hard feelings. This is the forum... the proper place to discuss this. You were kicked simply because your mic sucks. You need to fix your mic. Or change the settings.

There were many people talking on the server when you were "talking." Your mic sounded so bad it was ruining the fun on the server.
-----------
TF2 name: Durka Durka Durka
-----------
Avvatar wrote:I know who you're talking about, Adam. But also cannot remember his name for the life of me. I want to say Pocatello but I'm nearly positive that's me misspelling the name of some other admin with poor grammar.
Parasyte wrote:I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:39 pm

Pocatello wrote:
Lambguy wrote:

Welcome to J2.
What the fuck are you doing
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Yes wtf are you doing? This is not how an admin should handle himself. If your in the wrong you must atone for your mistakes. Warnings are always the first step that we must take.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 am

I think you two are taking this a bit too seriously. Other admins have definitely gotten away with worse in the past
See:
Neelpos wrote:Unless it's Loaf, always kick Loaf and explain in the ban message that he needs to git gud
But i mean whatever, i'm apparently the dead horse everyone likes to beat. But one day i shall rise from my shallow grave and thrust my undead horsecock up the rectum that is the corrupt j2 admin. And as they are wincing in pain when I fill them with my mighty seed of justice I will come close to their ear, my moist breath slowly moving over their pitiful faces, i will utter two words; "admin abuse....."
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:40 am

The actions of admins should be judged based on the situation and the applicable rules, not on prior results.

Also just because your name is associated with a joke doesn't make you the butt of it, Loaf, we're making fun of RottenCheese.
Lexiprawn
Zookeeper and Conductor of Prose

Post by Lexiprawn » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:18 am

Aren't you supposed to mute them and then say your spiel? Kicking ain't too bad though, you didn't ban him or anything.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:21 am

Neelpos wrote:Also just because your name is associated with a joke doesn't make you the butt of it, Loaf, we're making fun of RottenCheese.
I should ALWAYS be the center of attention.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:06 am

loafozard wrote:
Neelpos wrote:Also just because your name is associated with a joke doesn't make you the butt of it, Loaf, we're making fun of RottenCheese.
I should ALWAYS be the center of attention.
Naw man that's me.
Fuck off.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:19 am

durka dun fucked up