Let's get rid of double overheal

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.

Should we set overheal back to normal?

Yes
30%
I would normally vote yes but fuck Mastermind
28%
No
43%

Total votes: 47
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Re: Let's get rid of double overheal

Post by Bun » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:09 am

Mastermind1011 wrote:Also, Pork, I don't get what you mean by bringing up the Vaccinator and snipers? What are you getting at?
On mobile so I'm not gonna look for who mentioned that heavies are too easy to kill on a fully charged sniper rifle. I'm just saying there are a number of medics who use the vaccinator on the server which prevents this from happening. There are alternatives to prevent heavies and the medic from being sniped but then again, there are alternatives for everything else as well.

But like I said in another post, we should try it out for a bit. If we don't like it, well we can revert back to what we have now.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Mastermind1011 wrote:My problem can be summed up that the doubly overhealed heavy unfairly dominates when faced with only one or two players.
I won't dispute that, but those encountering a doubly overhealed heavy have every opportunity to be doubly overhealed themselves. We've been through this discussion many times as well from the spawn-camping angle; both teams have the ability to counter each-other fairly if they would just choose classes strategically. Yes, many medics slack-off when it comes to charging their whole team and I agree completely that a fully overhealed heavy can dominate one or two players. That being said, I don't expect that reducing the overheal from 200% to 150% is going to stop me (or many other heavies) from dominating one or two players who are separated from their team. When the teams are near full, I will typically avoid my team altogether and go rogue to try and flank because there are so many players focusing fire on my team. That's why I generally avoid the cart on payload maps; If I stay with the group I will die quickly because of the number of people shooting at it.

The issue is a matter of scale, as it has been mentioned already. It sounds like a few of us are in agreement that an overheal based on server pop would likely resolve many of the balance issues. And I'd rather try THAT for a week or two instead of removing the extra 50% outright.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:17 pm

Woo Page 4 lets go for 8 guys i think we can do it
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Let's increase overheal.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Seriously, overheal has to go... that's shit is so 2009

get with the times j2 people
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Neelpos wrote:Posts: 10,000
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:06 pm

I'd like to thank the devil.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Kivivarvas

Post by Kivivarvas » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:25 am

Neelpos wrote:I'd like to thank the devil.
you are couple of posts late for that.

YOU DIDN`T THANK THE DEVIL SOON ENOUGH!
Yup, my toes are dried up again.
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Parasyte wrote:
Mastermind1011 wrote:My problem can be summed up that the doubly overhealed heavy unfairly dominates when faced with only one or two players.
I won't dispute that, but those encountering a doubly overhealed heavy have every opportunity to be doubly overhealed themselves. We've been through this discussion many times as well from the spawn-camping angle; both teams have the ability to counter each-other fairly if they would just choose classes strategically. Yes, many medics slack-off when it comes to charging their whole team and I agree completely that a fully overhealed heavy can dominate one or two players. That being said, I don't expect that reducing the overheal from 200% to 150% is going to stop me (or many other heavies) from dominating one or two players who are separated from their team. When the teams are near full, I will typically avoid my team altogether and go rogue to try and flank because there are so many players focusing fire on my team. That's why I generally avoid the cart on payload maps; If I stay with the group I will die quickly because of the number of people shooting at it.

The issue is a matter of scale, as it has been mentioned already. It sounds like a few of us are in agreement that an overheal based on server pop would likely resolve many of the balance issues. And I'd rather try THAT for a week or two instead of removing the extra 50% outright.
What's awesome about this is on many occasions i will take out Parasyte's medic and parasyte without being over healed at all. At the very least i will kill his medic and take half of his health. I am down to try the overheal based on player count but i am fine with the way it is. Makes it a challenge.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Hippie of doom wrote:
Parasyte wrote:

What's awesome about this is on many occasions i will take out Parasyte's medic and parasyte without being over healed at all. At the very least i will kill his medic and take half of his health. I am down to try the overheal based on player count but i am fine with the way it is. Makes it a challenge.
The only time you're ever on the server is when the server pop is 24+ so you probably wouldn't get to experience the fun test anyway.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Seriously with the people saying that having double overheal increases the challenge of the game.
Did they forgot what game is being played here. Tf2 also known as #yolocasualhatcollectorsteampromo

If you guys want challenge try playing dark souls in new game plus++++++ without leveling past 120
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:02 pm

loafozard wrote:
Hippie of doom wrote:
Parasyte wrote:

The only time you're ever on the server is when the server pop is 24+ so you probably wouldn't get to experience the fun test anyway.
Hey loaf, when you know what you are talking about you can comment.
Django wrote:Seriously with the people saying that having double overheal increases the challenge of the game.
Did they forgot what game is being played here. Tf2 also known as #yolocasualhatcollectorsteampromo

If you guys want challenge try playing dark souls in new game plus++++++ without leveling past 120
As for you Django, you havent played tf2 in how long?
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Kivivarvas

Post by Kivivarvas » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:09 am

Ummm... a random question.

does it also take double the time to achieve the max overheal amount? or is it as fast as normal?
Yup, my toes are dried up again.
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:44 pm

It heals as fast a 150%, it just gives you more health.
Helpful

Post by Helpful » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:53 pm

Maha wrote:It heals as fast a 150%, it just gives you more health.
to clarify, it heals at the same rate as "normal" you can just overheal more

if your interested in how fast that is - http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Medi_Gun

EDIT: to answer Kivivarvas, it takes longer to fully overheal players
Last edited by Helpful on Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.