0 player practice maps.

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
TheX

0 player practice maps.

Post by TheX » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:56 pm

Sometimes in the off time periods of the server I find myself being the only one online. What are the chances are possibly adding a time-killing map that can be nominated and RTVed to while I wait on a few players to play against.

For example, I log on to TF2 and see the #4 has 0/32 people. I log into Barnblitz and nominate tr_walkway, RTV and switch over to it, mindlessly killing bots while I wait for murdoc to log so I can kill him.

We really would only need one of these maps and I can't see it really ever being chosen when there are more than 1-2 people online.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Re: 0 player practice maps.

Post by Eviltechie » Thu May 01, 2014 12:07 am

Walkway requires sv_cheats enabled, can't exactly put that on. Do you have another map in mind?
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

TheX

Post by TheX » Thu May 01, 2014 12:10 am

Let me go through my training maps
TheX

Post by TheX » Thu May 01, 2014 12:33 am

http://www.tfmaps.com/details.php?file=33

Cp_bestinclass

Seems like it covers all classes on a training style basis, have done sniper and scout and haven't seen bots so there isn't really a farming factor. Seems like a pretty good training map.

Its kind of a race between red or blue to see who can be better at each class, would be good for 1-2 people that are just hanging out waiting for more
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Thu May 01, 2014 1:05 am

I think cp_bestinclass was on the server a few years ago...or maybe I'm thinking of another server.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Thu May 01, 2014 1:17 am

tr_newbots might also be fun to have: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/120297

I remember seeing somewhere a map that was basically a huge open room to jump around in as demo/soldier. I forget what it was called, does anybody know what I'm talking about?
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Thu May 01, 2014 1:37 am

dmitri ravinoff wrote:I remember seeing somewhere a map that was basically a huge open room to jump around in as demo/soldier. I forget what it was called, does anybody know what I'm talking about?
Rooftime.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Thu May 01, 2014 2:47 am

Eviltechie wrote:
dmitri ravinoff wrote:I remember seeing somewhere a map that was basically a huge open room to jump around in as demo/soldier. I forget what it was called, does anybody know what I'm talking about?
Rooftime.
rooftime =/= map

maps are playable
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Sun May 04, 2014 1:35 am

Oh man, bestinclass. We have that on the server. And it has several j2 member names in it as well as appearances in the easter eggs.