If you need to reach me

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
bloodcrow

If you need to reach me

Post by bloodcrow » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Between the update and summer break, we've had an influx of non-.j2 folk on the server. As a result, i've had a lot of mid-day requests to handle problems during the day.

I'll try to be on Mumble more often but here are other ways to reach me.

My Teamspeak 3 server. I'm often, but not always on it. vs20.tserverhq.com:9215
note: The Teamspeak 2 client will NOT work. It HAS to be the TS3 client.

I don't know how long i'll be available during the day but until my situation changes, i'll do my best to support the server.
Last edited by bloodcrow on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, but then your face was there and I shot it. -Parasyte
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to touch your butt. - Pablo the Flying Macho Penis
prolix

Re: If you need to reach me

Post by prolix » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Teamspeak literally gives me a disease, also why not post this in admin forum?
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:43 pm

didn't mbaxter add the admin command to IRC to relay requests there? any smartphone can be setup to alert you then and with a bouncer a push system can be used. so users just need to do !admin and it notifies people.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
prolix

Post by prolix » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:51 pm

scobywhru wrote:didn't mbaxter add the admin command to IRC to relay requests there? any smartphone can be setup to alert you then and with a bouncer a push system can be used. so users just need to do !admin and it notifies people.

bloodcrow

Post by bloodcrow » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:59 pm

prolix wrote:Teamspeak literally gives me a disease, also why not post this in admin forum?
Because the people that have been contacting me for issues haven't always been admins.
bloodcrow

Post by bloodcrow » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:05 pm

scobywhru wrote:didn't mbaxter add the admin command to IRC to relay requests there? any smartphone can be setup to alert you then and with a bouncer a push system can be used. so users just need to do !admin and it notifies people.
If this system is in place, maybe an automessage could be set up to let players know about it. This is the first time i've heard of this.
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:32 pm

bloodcrow wrote:
If this system is in place, maybe an automessage could be set up to let players know about it. This is the first time i've heard of this.
On the other hand, are you sure you want to notify randoms that they can buzz your smartphone with a simple text command?

Anyways, as far as "admin calling" commands go, I know we have @, which in teamchat apparently relays a message to IRC, which is what I use if no one is online on my friends list. So if there's an IRC "admin" command @admin should activate it. We should probably get a sticky on the forums about this, so knowledge isn't unique to a random few who happened to be on the server shortly after system X was put into place that one time a few years ago.
bloodcrow

Post by bloodcrow » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:35 pm

I went ahead and removed my Google voice #. I tend to think of .j2 folk as responsible but the potential for abuse is significant.

Also, i'll try to spend more time on IRC. Had problems with gamesurge a while back but that was months ago.
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:55 pm

you should try using a different server or port some ISPs block IRC on the normal ports, especially wireless ISPs.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Archer

Post by Archer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:52 am

scobywhru wrote:you should try using a different server or port some ISPs block IRC on the normal ports, especially wireless ISPs.
What? IRC uses less bandwidth than HTTP, for goodness' sake.
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:21 am

they use the excuse that they are used by command and control for infected machines in a botnet
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:40 am

scobywhru wrote:they use the excuse that they are used by command and control for infected machines in a botnet
IRC is still used for that stuff. Sadly, folks like to blindly block IRC for this reason while allowing every other way botnets function.