HOPY SHIT

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

HOPY SHIT

Post by jmtokx » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Snipers can no longer jump immediately after firing a scoped shot
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
Maha

Re: HOPY SHIT

Post by Maha » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Was that actually a problem?

Good thing I crouch instead.

Also is there more to that update? That can't be all is it?
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Maha wrote:Was that actually a problem?

Good thing I crouch instead.

Also is there more to that update? That can't be all is it?
I was annoyed until I realized I do the same thing. It won't affect me vs other snipers, but against other classes I can tell I'll have to adapt a bit, namely in regards to dodging rockets/pipes
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:03 pm

So instead of jumping you just have to walk to the side. already do this with my huntsman, so doing it with an actual sniper shouldn't be too hard.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:22 pm

fuck yeah the sketchy hitboxes are fixed!
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
MegapiemanPHD

Post by MegapiemanPHD » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:51 pm

Strange change to make. I've never notice myself nor anyone else doing this.
And all the girlies say i'm pretty fly (for a white pie)
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:11 pm

no more trickxshots
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 pm

yeah Idgi.. *shrug*
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:51 am

pinkle wrote:yeah Idgi.. *shrug*
When sniping against someone else, the risk of taking a scoped shot comes from the short period of immobility directly before, and after the shot is fired. Many people manage by just moving to the side, but the game forces them to move a lot slower after un-scoping, giving the opponent a window of easier shooting. Before jumping was disabled, many people used it because it provided a fast-movement alternative that made it more difficult for an opponent to land a headshot. Then, when they landed, they could move at the normal speed to avoid getting hit. Now, it's disabled.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:21 pm

HAHA MORE NERFS FOR ERRYBODY.

sorry I'm still bitter about the heavy windup nerf....

and the demo getting his stickies restored the very next day.
*grumblegrumblegrumblegrumble*
Oh bugger
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 pm

jmtokx wrote:
When sniping against someone else, the risk of taking a scoped shot comes from the short period of immobility directly before, and after the shot is fired. Many people manage by just moving to the side, but the game forces them to move a lot slower after un-scoping, giving the opponent a window of easier shooting. Before jumping was disabled, many people used it because it provided a fast-movement alternative that made it more difficult for an opponent to land a headshot. Then, when they landed, they could move at the normal speed to avoid getting hit. Now, it's disabled.
Huh. Never noticed :v Then again I'm not exactly the best player haha
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 pm

pinkle wrote:
jmtokx wrote:
You used to be a good sniper honey.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:37 pm

dmitri ravinoff wrote:fuck yeah the sketchy hitboxes are fixed!
Wouldn't really call them fixed, but less exploitable. But I suppose it's good that you can't make the Sniper's head hitbox sink into his chest anymore.

Though doesn't matter for me, I'll just bodyshot everyone anyway cause I'm a terrible person. :3
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Maha wrote:
dmitri ravinoff wrote:fuck yeah the sketchy hitboxes are fixed!
Wouldn't really call them fixed, but less exploitable. But I suppose it's good that you can't make the Sniper's head hitbox sink into his chest anymore.

Though doesn't matter for me, I'll just bodyshot everyone anyway cause I'm a terrible person. :3
+1 body shots FO DAYZZZZZ
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:28 pm

Hippie of doom wrote:
pinkle wrote:
jmtokx wrote:
You used to be a good sniper honey.
Good is a strong word.
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer