Basically, Mann Vs Mann (mvmann) is an idea I had a for a server mod which would modify vanilla MVM to be a competitive player vs player gamemode featuring all the perks of mvm such as upgrades and mvm only abilities, as well as having unique bots to play against. I suggested this idea to bl4nk the other day and he agreed that it should be theoretically possible to implement. However, creating such a gamemode would take a bit of work and without the interest of the community will likely never see the light of day. Thus, this thread exists to present the idea and check the community's interest in the creation of this mod.
- Teams - 9 vs 9
- 9 vs 9 would be ideal for varied gameplay. It'd also allow for a good amount of players to be playing while still allowing bot players to be present in the game.
- Potential for a Highlander type of set up.
- Upgrades will likely need modification from vanilla MVM to be balanced for PVP.
- Most likely be decided upon during testing
- Cash entities would need to be modified so that they are team specific. It would be easy to just add cash to a specific player after killing an enemy, but personally I find that part of the fun is having to work your way across the battlefield to grab the cash.
- Instead of using cash for upgrades, the player can purchase specific bots for the next push
- Players could purchase tanks, giant heavies, uber medics, etc.
First of all, vote in the poll! If this idea interests you, let us know!
Sourceplugin programmers - contact me or bl4nk on steam if you are interested in helping
Modelers - we will most likely need to change some models to distinguish the textures for each team. Should be easy.
Furthermore, more development is needed on the core gameplay ideas. The lists above are merely the things I have come up with. If you have any other things to add, please post them here. However please keep your ideas realistic and on topic. My goal is to create a fun and balanced gamemode with potential for competitive play.