FREE Reserved Slot Information Thread

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
jamietech
Now Biodegradable

Re: FREE Reserved Slot Information Thread

Post by jamietech » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:36 am

dmitri ravinoff wrote:you have to post in this thread to get the reserved slot. look at the 1st page to see the proper formatting
Reserved slots are automated now (I suggest you reread the 1st page) and Jox has a STEAMID linked to his account already meaning he (should) have a reserve slot.
Jox wrote:I keept getting this message while already connected to the server and playing, I linked my steam account to the forum about a week or two ago.
Reserved slots work on a tiered system and as you were trying to join at a very busy time, it is likely you were kicked for a donor or an administrator. I don't fully understand the reserve slot system or the kick reasons so you'll have to wait for bl4nk, but the issue shouldn't be that your account isn't linked properly.

:okayasfuck:
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:50 pm

L 01/16/2015 - 20:59:32: [reserved-tiered.smx] Kicking spectating client "Jox" (STEAM_0:1:40853057) to make room for Donor "Petiee" (STEAM_0:0:14947573)

It appears that you were spectating at the time, and a donor (Petiee in this case) was trying to connect, so the plugin chose to kick you over others. It prioritizes kicking spectators, since they're not actively participating in the game, over playing clients first, by the way. The logs do indicate that the server was full earlier that day when you tried to join, and it had kicked another non-reserved player to make room for you, so I'm going to assume that the plugin is functioning as intended.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:21 pm

jamietech wrote:
dmitri ravinoff wrote:you have to post in this thread to get the reserved slot. look at the 1st page to see the proper formatting
Reserved slots are automated now (I suggest you reread the 1st page) and Jox has a STEAMID linked to his account already meaning he (should) have a reserve slot.
well I'm an idiot
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it