Could this be the Locals V2.0

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Akronymus
*facepalms*

Re: Could this be the Locals V2.0

Post by Akronymus » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:16 pm

I originally came here because of the locals and wanted to get on it (i was a idiot back then) but then I got to know some of you awesome people and decided to stay, not for the locals, but because its fun playing with you all. Now I don't care about getting on it anymore, which helped me to enjoy it even more.

Tl;dr came for locals, stayed for the community
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Archer wrote:We're still dealing with the radioactive fallout in the form of teenagers trying to be cool on tf4 in the hope of getting on The Locals. I have very mixed feelings about this.
Most of that fallout came from people freaking out and wanting to be animated in some sense I think and just relentlessly plugging away.

This is just a gameplay montage, so what's the harm really? Just the vid, little 'recorded at j2' bit, everyone has a chuckle and moves along. I think it wouldn't have as huge an impact as the Locals did since the content is (sort of) different via delivery.

RideTheWalrus
Butts.
<font color=#FF80BF><b><i>Butts.</i></b></font>

Post by RideTheWalrus » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Stabby, Fufu, get on that!

-Love J2
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:21 am

video no longer works in the OP. The only way locals would work is to not be solely on one community, where we quickly had a bottlenecking of players. It was tough for J2 to keep up, frustrating as hell on the regulars and overall was just not managed how it should have been. We always planned for it not to be J2 heavy, hence why there is only a link to play with us after Ep 4. Since I had maybe 10 hours of user-submitted footage compared to 4000 hours of recordings from my J2 library...it became a big ad for J2. Not something I originally intended but I am glad to hear there are a few cool folks who decided to stay and contribute to the community.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:26 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:video no longer works in the OP. The only way locals would work is to not be solely on one community, where we quickly had a bottlenecking of players. It was tough for J2 to keep up, frustrating as hell on the regulars and overall was just not managed how it should have been. We always planned for it not to be J2 heavy, hence why there is only a link to play with us after Ep 4. Since I had maybe 10 hours of user-submitted footage compared to 4000 hours of recordings from my J2 library...it became a big ad for J2. Not something I originally intended but I am glad to hear there are a few cool folks who decided to stay and contribute to the community.
OMG I remember that after every new episode of the Locals a thing would occur. I call it Little-Shits-Influxitus, would happen to the server everyone spamming the shit out of everything they could just so they could get their 10 seconds of fame. XD
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Nightwolf wrote:
stabbyclaus wrote:video no longer works in the OP. The only way locals would work is to not be solely on one community, where we quickly had a bottlenecking of players. It was tough for J2 to keep up, frustrating as hell on the regulars and overall was just not managed how it should have been. We always planned for it not to be J2 heavy, hence why there is only a link to play with us after Ep 4. Since I had maybe 10 hours of user-submitted footage compared to 4000 hours of recordings from my J2 library...it became a big ad for J2. Not something I originally intended but I am glad to hear there are a few cool folks who decided to stay and contribute to the community.
OMG I remember that after every new episode of the Locals a thing would occur. I call it Little-Shits-Influxitus, would happen to the server everyone spamming the shit out of everything they could just so they could get their 10 seconds of fame. XD
Wait does this not happen amymore?
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Maha

Post by Maha » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:12 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:
Nightwolf wrote:
I'd assume it's not as bad as it used to be. Has anyone even brought it up recently?
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:17 am

Maha wrote:
Sanvich Hoovy wrote:
Nightwolf wrote:
I'd assume it's not as bad as it used to be. Has anyone even brought it up recently?
i haven't heard anyone bring up the locals explicitly in months so..
Usernamedoesnotexist
Resident Rule Breaker

Post by Usernamedoesnotexist » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Every time The Locals is (rarely) brought up, the people who are most familiar with it say it's long dead.
Am I JUST a Username? Or am I MORE than just a Username?

... Nah... I'm just a dude on the internet