Mind deleting this, Admin?

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Re: Will the server be alright over summer?(EDITED TITLE)

Post by KatanaRama » Thu May 21, 2015 4:17 pm

The title of child is more accurately applied to a person's mental and emotional maturity as opposed to their physical maturity.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Maha

Re: Summer "fun"

Post by Maha » Thu May 21, 2015 4:43 pm

timtoborne wrote:
Maha wrote:^

In any case, you should know that annoying people come in all ages. Kids are not exclusive to that personality trait and should be treated like everyone else, so don't shit on their good time because their voice isn't deep enough. I'm pretty sure we have adults on the server who are worse than the kids anyway.

Though we will get the occasional tool who doesn't understand when to quit talking and they're usually dealt with. But for the last time; we don't hate new people, we hate people who can't follow simple rules.

TL;DR: Don't be an ass to new people.
I actually didn't say they would cause a problem, though I suppose I should change the title of the thread eh? I started the comment wondering if the influx would cause a problem on the server, but I walked away for a bit while I was typing it, and thought that it was a good idea to keep typing even though I forgot what the post was supposed to be. :oops: my bad.
Okay, right now it just seems like you're back peddling and attempting damage control. If you're original idea for your post was intended more towards the servers stability with an influx of new people then just say that. It looks really weird when you specifically point out children for no real reason and what you ended up submitting made it look like you were taking a potshot at younger players for Cool Kid Cred.

You gotta remember that we're a gaming community and not a bunch of high school clichs and we can't be damming those outside of the community or who are new to it. Don't scare the younger/new people off or else there won't be anyone left after a while.

In the end, we all post really dumb shit from time to time and by Hulk's balls we'll make fun of you for it but just own up to it and not do the whole "was my brother on my account" dance or the "what I meant to say" soirée. They both usually end up with you falling on your face.
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Thu May 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Maha wrote:
timtoborne wrote:

In any case, you should know that annoying people come in all ages. Kids are not exclusive to that personality trait and should be treated like everyone else, so don't shit on their good time because their voice isn't deep enough. I'm pretty sure we have adults on the server who are worse than the kids anyway.

Though we will get the occasional tool who doesn't understand when to quit talking and they're usually dealt with. But for the last time; we don't hate new people, we hate people who can't follow simple rules.

I actually didn't say they would cause a problem, though I suppose I should change the title of the thread eh? I started the comment wondering if the influx would cause a problem on the server, but I walked away for a bit while I was typing it, and thought that it was a good idea to keep typing even though I forgot what the post was supposed to be. :oops: my bad.
Okay, right now it just seems like you're back peddling and attempting damage control. If you're original idea for your post was intended more towards the servers stability with an influx of new people then just say that. It looks really weird when you specifically point out children for no real reason and what you ended up submitting made it look like you were taking a potshot at younger players for Cool Kid Cred.

You gotta remember that we're a gaming community and not a bunch of high school clichs and we can't be damming those outside of the community or who are new to it. Don't scare the younger/new people off or else there won't be anyone left after a while.

In the end, we all post really dumb shit from time to time and by Hulk's balls we'll make fun of you for it but just own up to it and not do the whole "was my brother on my account" dance or the "what I meant to say" soirée. They both usually end up with you falling on your face.
All i am going to add to this is if i hear anyone slamming little kids or new players to the server for no reason ( if there is a reason you bring it to the attention of an admin and not just start berating them over the voice chat) i will drop the ban hammer as well as most if not all of the other admins here. This is a gaming community and not a High school locker room.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Thu May 21, 2015 7:45 pm

KatanaRama wrote:The title of child is more accurately applied to a person's mental and emotional maturity as opposed to their physical maturity.
Alright.

also @Maha naw, I actually did have to walk away to do a quick chore when I was going to type the post, and my younger brothers didn't make it easy for me. So that's probably why I mentioned children, but hey if you don't believe me, I don't really care. :toot:

Lastly, I will always fall on my face no matter what I'm doing.
Steam is BLU_Collar, PSN is GGLinear, and my LoL account name is Somber Rites.

It's been years since I've spoken with any of you, but if you ever want to play or just talk, feel free to contact me.
Tokengekko

Post by Tokengekko » Thu May 21, 2015 10:05 pm

Hippie of doom wrote:
Maha wrote:
timtoborne wrote:

All i am going to add to this is if i hear anyone slamming little kids or new players to the server for no reason ( if there is a reason you bring it to the attention of an admin and not just start berating them over the voice chat) i will drop the ban hammer as well as most if not all of the other admins here. This is a gaming community and not a High school locker room.
Exactly this, Well said from both Hippie and Maha.
Dangit Spongebobby!

Post by Dangit Spongebobby! » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:36 am

I think non-mods trying to enforce their perception of the rules on anyone regardless of age usually isn't a good idea. If you politely remind a person about FF or mic spamming rules that would be acceptable though. I'd elaborate but I'm typing on my iPhone.