I got Muted

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Drakenlord

I got Muted

Post by Drakenlord » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Twice, yesterday, TehEnnemy muted me.

The first time, Everyone was talking at the same time, me included, me and someone else, a new player, got muted.
Oddly, no one else was muted

The second time, I was asking questions, not necessary about TF2, and TehEnnemy muted me.

I wouldn't unmute me so I left the server and I came back, but he Muted me again.

He Unmuted me, but he didnt tell me... which made me look like a raging typer.

My main langage is French, I know I have an accent and I also know I have pronounciation problem because of my accent, but I feel like im getting muted because I am a french Quebecer.

Anyway, I would like to know why I got muted, if it was abusive, and what will be done to make sure that something like this dosen't happen again.

The only person complaning, that I recall, was Pork Bun because he hates me.
TehEnnemy also hate me, but Im not sure why.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: I got Muted

Post by Django » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Are you alienmen1?
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 pm

French Canadian? You probably got muted because either your microphone sucks ass, or no one can understand a damn word you say so it just comes out as pointless babble.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
Drakenlord

Post by Drakenlord » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes I am Alienmen1 sorry if I forgot to mention it
MrBlip wrote:French Canadian? You probably got muted because either your microphone sucks ass, or no one can understand a damn word you say so it just comes out as pointless babble.
Is it because of my Pronounciation... I have a hard time with it because French is my maternal langage

I try hard to speak english properly, but its hard when its not your main langage
Last edited by Drakenlord on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:12 pm

And so it begins again.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Drakenlord

Post by Drakenlord » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Hippie of doom wrote:And so it begins again.
Care to give an explanation to your comment, because without one I can't understand what you mean exactly
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Lots of people get mad at enemy. Whatever.

No. He did not mute you because you are from Quebec and French. We don't care about your nationality. What Blip said sounds right.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:22 pm

He's just asking why he got muted.. apparently there was never a reason given and if that is the case then he deserves to know why. :/
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:25 pm

pinkle wrote:He's just asking why he got muted.. apparently there was never a reason given and if that is the case then he deserves to know why. :/
Probably it was because of his mic volume. I recall him having not such a good mic ,but is it really his fault because the old voice codec sucks
and setting up a mic in tf2 is hell on earth. Also, don't expect to hear tehenemy's answer because he is dodgy as hell.
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Actually, his mic isn't bad, and he is still understandable.
My guess is that Enemy was just being an ass hole. :v
Then again, Alien does ass hole-ish things quite often.
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Drakenlord wrote:
Hippie of doom wrote:And so it begins again.
Care to give an explanation to your comment, because without one I can't understand what you mean exactly
This is NOT the first time that that particular admin has done something like this. He did the same thing to Zombie Christ before. He does this kind of shit all the time. I'm just wondering how many people will have to complain about a particular admin before some one revokes his admin privileges. I have seen him admin slay people because he walked into their sticky's and was team killed. I have seen him kick people with out warning them verbally and/or putting up a server message because they were doing something that annoyed him. He does this shit because he can and not for any other reason. So that's why i said and it begins again.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 pm

"dodgy as hell" LOL. One way to put it...

Ugh..

I'm sorry, Alien, you're probably never going to get an answer and instead people are just going to be assholes to you for asking. :(
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:37 pm

If people are going to bring up the situation where zombie christ was muted for a total of seven seconds and claim this shows a pattern...

If people are going to accuse enemy of abuse while having never come to me with these allegations and approximate times so I can look these things up...

I'm going to go on a mad banning spree.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 pm

i don't think everyone knows to bring it up to specifically you, right away... people always say "take it to the forums" which I think in almost everyone's mind means "make a thread about it so the issue can be discussed"

I will certainly keep that in mind though. If you're not online do we need to just send you a PM here? Maybe talk to another admin?
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:46 pm

Low quality mic spam & creepy as fuck questions
mute for about half of dustbowl
questions?
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.