Left 4 Dead

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
Chief Cheese

Re: Left 4 Dead

Post by Chief Cheese » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:04 pm

the chances of the human team surviving are supposed to be 50/50 at best. That's fine, however I think they need to change how the teams are scored.
i <3 cheese. cheese <3 evry1. u= an every1. thus, by transitive property i <3 u
Chief Cheese the amazing wrote:
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:08 pm

I don't understand how it calculates the scores. :?
Deski

Post by Deski » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:17 pm

All I know is that this game is sex!!
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:55 pm

humans get points for kills n stuff

zombies get points for dealing damage, puking on them, pulling them out of the group, and causing havoc in general
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:47 pm

Humans don't get points for killing I don't think, unless it's protection of a teammate

Zombies get points for doing damage and assisting each other, but I don't think the scores earned as a zombie team means anything. It's survivor score vs survivor score in the end
Rat-morningstar wrote:well, i don't know, but on top of something, standing like 3 feet away from the edge so can't shoot you, you could hang a guy while their team gets overrun.
They still have an opportunity to shoot you, and if not they can just hit the guy being grabbed and then you have to wait way too long so you can try to grab them again. And lining up a shot where none of them can hit you impossible in most environments
The game has only been out for like a couple days so maybe he will be secretly great I dunno I can't figure it out
joe wrote:unbalanced games aren't fun, how could that possibly be the point
I'm pretty sure it's Survivor score vs Survivor score so that would make it balanced no matter what. The difficulty level just makes it alot harder for survivors to get to the end, so if you are playing with a bunch of really good players you might have more fun playing on advanced where it's harder for the survivors to finish the level
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:07 pm

team scores need change, not individual
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
BIGGIE

Post by BIGGIE » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:01 pm

its survivor score vs survivor score.

mot games u get points for Health bonus (collective finishing health of all survivors)
then you get multipliers for things like map difficulty and how many survivors make it to the end.
zombie scores DO NOT COUNT towards team points. when u play as a infected u will see N/A at the end of the match.
the assists and plus ones u see is individual scores. which you can see when u hold tab down. thats just to see who is doing the most for the team. THESE POINTS DONT GO TO TEAM POINTS. all they are for is at the end statistics and stuff.

also why do we have survivors if they are always filled with randoms. its retarded.
skinthinner wrote:wtf...you know that canada has one woman and a bunch of mooses...or miices...or whatever you call them...
the one woman has a full beard and no teeth and lives in an igloo...
so I must conclude that you, good sir, are lying and are really sitting around drinking beer with a moose and playing with your small canadian penis...
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:22 pm

??? you mean servers? In which case, I agree, I would like to see that being used for the joe.to regs a little more.

And with the versus score, you can win by 1,000 points without doing much better than the other team. But it doesn't ruin it for me, cause i don't really care that much about which side wins. And when I die i'm usually laughing my ass off.
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:42 pm

The j2 versus servers are where it's at.
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:20 pm

The maps in this game are incredible. There aren't many ideas for cool zombie maps that they didn't implement. I think the mall is the only one.

The farmhouse with cornfeild is so badass.
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:31 pm

needs more cemetery.
Spazmeister

Post by Spazmeister » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:33 pm

Game keeps fucking crashing to desktop every time I play. Something about a page pool or something. Hopefully this fix from the steam forums will solve my issue.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:40 pm

AMMO wrote:I don't understand how it calculates the scores. :?
only humans get points. the formula is:
average percent progress through map P
plus total health for each player H
times difficulty D
times survivor multiplier if anyone made it S
P + H * D * S
e.g. everyone makes it to safe room at full health, easy map (difficulty multiplier 1x)
100 + (100+100+100+100) * 1 * 4 = 2000 points
everyone makes it halfway and then dies on a hard map (multiplier 1.5x)
50 + (0+0+0+0) * 1.5 = 75 points
the hardest maps have a 1.5 difficulty i think, so the max points you can get in 1 area is 3000.
the max you can get for an entire act is about 12000 or 13000, but that's assuming everyone makes it alive to the end of every map with full health. lol.
Sizzler wrote:
joe wrote:unbalanced games aren't fun, how could that possibly be the point
I'm pretty sure it's Survivor score vs Survivor score so that would make it balanced no matter what. The difficulty level just makes it alot harder for survivors to get to the end, so if you are playing with a bunch of really good players you might have more fun playing on advanced where it's harder for the survivors to finish the level
i'm not talking about the score, i'm talking about playing as human vs. playing as zombie. it seems like most people don't even take the human part seriously because it's so hard unless you're on the easier maps are playing against a shit team.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:48 pm

that's wot i meant
it's only fun if you don't care about the scores
BIGGIE

Post by BIGGIE » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:07 pm

people actually care about the scores? i just like fucking around. only that pisses me off is when u go through a map as zombies and get to have only one tank. when the other team goes through the map they get 4+. shit like that aggravates me but whatever, auto-shotty is anti tank.
skinthinner wrote:wtf...you know that canada has one woman and a bunch of mooses...or miices...or whatever you call them...
the one woman has a full beard and no teeth and lives in an igloo...
so I must conclude that you, good sir, are lying and are really sitting around drinking beer with a moose and playing with your small canadian penis...