AS maps = slay mod

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.

Slay mod on as_maps

Yes it improves teamwork
25%
No, stupid VIP kills us all
69%
I care not
6%

Total votes: 32
Diggity
resident expendable statistic
resident expendable statistic

AS maps = slay mod

Post by Diggity » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:29 am

just to get an offical consensus on it.
cl0ud

Post by cl0ud » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:06 am

stupid vip alwasys kills team
George W. Bush

Post by George W. Bush » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:06 am

sometimes, you see the terrorist team with -10 kills... I hate the way it minuses your kills
Duffman

Post by Duffman » Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:19 am

If the stupid VIP kills you all the time, then volenteer to be the VIP, and don't be stupid. Usually, .X. and I switch off as VIP and it makes the map fun, because I know that .X. knows what he is doing when he is VIP. CS is a team game, thats what separates it from other fraggy fps. AS maps can be really fun if you work as a team.
Duffman says a lot of things.
toonerz

Post by toonerz » Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:49 am

i personally dont care for my score, so i dont care if the slay mod kills me and makes my score -183. but there are some people that care for stats. the only problem i have with it is when i lose my gun :(
DeadPedestrian

Post by DeadPedestrian » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:31 pm

stats aside, i just hate slay mod for stealing my guns from me for no good reason. it removes the aspect of the game where you know you can't make a defuse so you save your gun and money. on a vip map it's just 1000000 worse. vip dies and everyone loses their guns and have to waste money on more crappier guns. pretty lame if you asked me. also, if the vip escapes it kills all t's making their job that much more difficult. I really think slay mod sux. I like the days of rushing in killing all the t's and knowing you can't possibly defuse, and run away saving that precious m4 or aug. just my 2 cents.
Scooby

Post by Scooby » Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:17 pm

For all the cons that can be thought up, don't forget about what the mod is preventing. Nothings perfect, it's better with than without.

Yeah, you'll die unjust sometimes. Yeah, you'll lose your gun sometimes. That is price you have to pay to eliminate pesky campers and sight see'ers.

As for as_ maps, I feel it is better without the slaymod. This small deviation won't effect the mentality of players when they come to joe's. Too many adult players that actually have the goal in mind. With the mod enabled, one player decides the fate of the rest, including their weaponry. After play, this unevens the balance the map sets for the team.

Either way, you decide. I just don't like running after a crazed suicidal VIP and get picked off becuase I can't position myself.

Scooby
lazarus

Post by lazarus » Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:49 am

i love the slaymod...its one of the reasons i kept playing on this server. Its one of the main reasons this server has some of the best gameplay and teamwork around...

now saying that, god i hate slaymod on as_oilrig lol
im afraid to be a ct on it, i liked being a ct and trying to flank the ts and clear out the top of the rig for the vip...
hold your glass up, hold it in
never betray the way you've always known it is
one day i'll be wondering how
i got so old just wondering how
i never got cold wearing nothing in the snow

- the shins
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:47 am

ok the people have spoken. i'll take it off for VIP maps.

joe
GameOver

yes

Post by GameOver » Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:28 am

and this is why we heart joe
i heart you joe
game over
Triple Optics

Post by Triple Optics » Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:57 am

game has a heart-on for joe.

:lovers:

"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:46 am

ok i fixed it. let me know if anything is broken now, because i had to edit the source nad recompile the plugin.
theZero0
Location: EveryWhere...Outside of this world... Near your girlfriend house...close to a dancing club...CA!! BB

Post by theZero0 » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:00 am

thx joe

using slay mode in as maps let me saw the the hugest unbalanced game I ever see b4

0 for T's and 18 for Ct's

the lowest 4 T;s had -3 kill and 22 deaths

no commentaries
Living to become a better living person...

I am 89% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Babaganoosh

Post by Babaganoosh » Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:01 pm

In general I like the slay mod. I admit that it frustrates me sometimes on the AS maps, but I kinda just think of it as part of the game.
Delster wrote:CS = sex for geeks :)
.X.

Post by .X. » Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:07 pm

Okay... here is my tip. Personally I love the slay mod. Usually, this is because I am the VIP. Like Duffman said earlier, with a good VIP and slay mod on, it helps make the game a lot more fun. Usually, like in oil-rig
cts just run all over the place and get themselves stupidly killed while the VIP goes commando. That's just stupid and if that gets the entire team killed, then they deserve it. When I play as VIP, I love getting back up and my team sticking together for a swift effective retreat. It's about teamwork, especially on a VIP map. Not just rushing blindly into open fire and awping on the roof while the VIP is getting pounded by ak rounds.

Yesterday I played a round in Oil Rig. Dunno how many of you have seen it, but it was awesome as VIP. My entire team died, I was going outer ramp when I saw someone on the roof about to shoot. I ran inside for cover, and moved to the right up the ramp. *I was out of bullets by this time* Standing on the ledge of the rail and just as I suspeceted that T I saw came and I jumped down and knifed his ass. Then I made a run for it and saw another T dead ahead at the chopper with an AK. Amazingly, he missed me with an entire ak clip *okay, I am being modest. It was pure evasive skills* and I moved in and knifed him.

Oh... sorry, I got carried away. Wish I got a demo of that, it was purely AWESOME~!!!!
Unleash the Justice of Heaven :innocent:, Fury of Hell :twisted:~!