A little somethin (L4D2, all current players please view)

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Re: A little somethin (L4D2, all current players please view

Post by Ian7 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:14 pm

After doing some thinking about it I think you are missing something MONUMENTAL in these numbers.
We usually play versus. In fact we pretty much only play versus cause fuck 4 player campaign. Do the current numbers consider infected stats at all? Tanks kills? Damage per spit? Average number hit on boom? ect. This game is two sided and needs stats from both sides. I know there are some special infected I feel very comfortable with and can play well, while others I struggle at still. While the survivor stats are still skewed we need to start thinking about how we can use the infected stats as well to fix this problem. Because teamwork as infected is way more important than it is with survivors imo.

Also tehenemy is right I think there should always be a balance of mic users to non-mic users on the teams. Regardless of skill it creates a huge advantage/disadvantage.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:01 pm

I just added you Prolix whats left is the survey part.

Yes we have taken account to infected teamwork, also a fraction of the survey is communication. That would go with the mic or no mic you are correct. Communication is a big part of teamwork.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:17 pm

I think you guys have been playing L4D2 enough to realize that L4D2 can actually have it's
fair degree of competitiveness and with that, a catalyst for conflict.

The game is now 5 years old ,and maybe because people have been doing this L4D2 nites fairly recently, they forgot about that important aspect.
I have good memory and can recount the number of people i played with got angry, left the game, or curse each other.

And i didn't play with tf2 laid-back members.
No, i played that shit with joe, axred, my boy grndstt3r, heather, stickypants ,and above all XELLO :roll:
All of them tough as nails, give no chance, experienced players from L4D1.

You guys can keep making these fun L4D2 nites ,but if you want to learn from your mistakes learn to assume responsibility in what kind of person you bring in the game
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Django that is all well and good we realize its a little competitive and shit like that happens from time to time. Other games are competitive too like Dota and the like but that doesn't stop the people who enjoy that game from playing.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
Platty
Bathtub Meth Sold Here!
<font color=#BF8000>Bathtub Meth Sold Here!</font>

Post by Platty » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:05 pm

As much as I don't disagree, Django;

There are nights where the teams are fucking STACKED. And I don't mean 400 point differential, I mean there was a night where it was 200 to about 1100. We all left that game sour. This is to make the game balanced. I hate walking into the lobby, and having to choose captains because of the amount of bullshit randoming gives you. I'm nowhere near as experienced as Neelpos, Nightwolf, Archer, whoever. So, no, it's not fun to me when the 3 of them get put onto the same team and the other team gets shit on trying to do their best. Not only is it not fun, it's a shot to morale.

However, there are the times where I, or whoever, does well enough that we beat them, or we just fuck up enough to have fun with it. There are the times where we just fuck around and laugh. There are times where everyone is serious and everyone gets upset as shit when they lose and we all get mad. With all that being said, it's not a bad idea to reassure people who ARE worse than others, that they won't spend their whole night, or, at least, a few hours, trying to have fun at the end of their night,only to get upset.

And to be perfectly honest, I don't get why if you guys aren't involved, you're making it your problem. Just let this shit be dealt with by the people that are going to be involved. Otherwise, you're just adding conflict to something that's going to happen anyway.

Also- Adding to this;

This has happened ONCE while I have been playing and this was months ago
So, yeah, excuse us if we'd like to have games that are close, that make us WANT to play.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Yeah plus this is a great time to figure this out (right before summer when I and others will be wanting to play pretty much every night).
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Glitch

Post by Glitch » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Guys...
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Let professionals work son.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Glitch wrote:Guys...
I'm not even sure if I should respond, your post speaks for itself.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:22 pm

I don't like how your face looks neel...
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Platty wrote:This has happened ONCE while I have been playing and this was months ago
So, yeah, excuse us if we'd like to have games that are close, that make us WANT to play.
I don't think I've ever finished a versus match tied.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:31 pm

There have been a couple nights this past semester where the round has been around 50 points or less in difference. SUPER fun.
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:09 am

Yeah no doubt, the more competitive it is the more fun it is and the more angry I get. I've just never seen an actual tie; I've seen close as shit games but never a tie at the very end.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:39 am

Neelpos wrote:Every single person who's put down this idea has been someone not an active member in the L4D2 community. Every person that has come out in support of this is an active member of the L4D2 community.
And this is where we start moving toward "no true Scotsman..." territory. We should be trying to be a welcoming community.

I like to consider myself an active member of the L4D2 community, and I think doing stats like this isn't going to improve our ability to make teams but could cause sad feeling in members who don't like the rankings the community gives them.

I'd rather we make the call on what two players to trade mid-game, and just keep going. People have good nights and bad nights. Sometimes I'm pretty good at the game, other nights I'm utterly horrid and don't notice teammates standing next to me dying. Let's make the call while playing to switch people if a steamrolling is happening, based on how things are going that night. Stop the 'WELP, BACK TO LOBBY' mentality, and we'll be better off.
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Ian7 wrote:I think there should always be a balance of mic users to non-mic users on the teams.
exactly, keep all the non-mic users on their own team :p