A little somethin (L4D2, all current players please view)

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
Lexiprawn
Zookeeper and Conductor of Prose

Re: A little somethin (L4D2, all current players please view

Post by Lexiprawn » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 pm

My original post on this thread is now relevant.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 pm

J2 CENSORSHIP. NAMES REMOVED.

Don't fuck with the poll.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:45 pm

censor the names, but
keep the bans
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
marbear

Post by marbear » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:14 pm

This is ridiculous. It's a fucking game. If team balance is an issue, work it out amongst the players who are playing. What the hell is the point in making people feel like shit over L4D2, of all games? You guys have taken versus and made it extremely un-fun.
"Marbear your too stupid...so I don't know what the fuck your thinking."
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:15 pm

marbear wrote:You guys have taken versus and made it extremely un-fun.
amen
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Neelpos wrote:Like I said the idea of discouraging the players at the lower end of the list isn't my intention, but I'm torn because a general idea of where some players lie could help, especially since every time we do team captains we inevitably have one captain who's unsure who to pick. Not me though. I'm always judging you guys. Like all the time. Maybe I could just reveal the top players and have everyone else in neutral territory, or not even release the list, I'll figure something out.
:clap: gj reading guys

It's a basic stat comparison using publicly available information, and it's not even posted, no one's gotten hurt and the purpose of the list is beneficial in identifying the top players so we don't have the first captain pick Velp and the second pick, I dunno, Soundwave. How the release of the information once finalized is still up in the air and there's nothing stating I ever WILL release it once we have a functional algorithm going.

"I'm trying out a neat statistics thing that may be benificial for things"

"Fuck you"

Get off your high horses.
Last edited by Neelpos on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 pm

stickbeast wrote:
marbear wrote:You guys have taken versus and made it extremely un-fun.
amen
double amen
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
marbear

Post by marbear » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:43 pm

Neelpos wrote:
Neelpos wrote:Like I said the idea of discouraging the players at the lower end of the list isn't my intention, but I'm torn because a general idea of where some players lie could help, especially since every time we do team captains we inevitably have one captain who's unsure who to pick. Not me though. I'm always judging you guys. Like all the time. Maybe I could just reveal the top players and have everyone else in neutral territory, or not even release the list, I'll figure something out.
:clap: gj reading guys

It's a basic stat comparison using publicly available information, and it's not even posted, no one's gotten hurt and the purpose of the list is beneficial in identifying the top players so we don't have the first captain pick Velp and the second pick, I dunno, Soundwave. How the release of the information once finalized is still up in the air and there's nothing stating I ever WILL release it once we have a functional algorithm going.

Get off your high horses.
People who play regularly know who the top players are. Don't try to tell me that there's a massive amount of confusion with team captains because every time I've played, it's been extremely simple to figure out what a good balance would be. It's either that, or we do random and move things around as necessary. Besides, the same people always play. If it's not the same people playing, then we can't possibly have enough information on them to rank them correctly, anyway. We already know this information, and don't need to force our friends to assign a numerical system just so that you can be intrigued about what we think about others.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:04 am

marbear wrote:Don't try to tell me that there's a massive amount of confusion with team captains because every time I've played, it's been extremely simple to figure out what a good balance would be.
Last night we spent an hour and a half going back to lobby repeatedly to balance the teams while I tried to convince people it didn't matter we should just play the game. I'm not trying to guide us anywhere, I'm just trying to appease the people that DO care about team balance and have a helpful resource for resolving issues as quickly as possible so we can stop complaining and play the game as fast as possible.
marbear wrote:It's either that, or we do random and move things around as necessary.
I tried to do that multiple times, no one would have it, last night is an example of situations that cause players to leave and that is something I hate to see. We lost Yatta for six months over an incident, that kind of response is what I'm trying to address and avoid.
marbear wrote:Besides, the same people always play.
You'll find the survey contains 30+ names of regular players, there's lots of different combinations.
marbear wrote:We already know this information, and don't need to force our friends to assign a numerical system just so that you can be intrigued about what we think about others.
Nobody's forcing anything.

You don't play with us Marbear, your comment is filled with assumption based off that. You're rallying against something that hasn't happened, in fact literally nothing will change if from this point forward I decide to delete the spreadsheet or not. The release of information is at this moment is only towards people who explicitly ask and under the understanding that the information will not be publicly posted, and that any columns built off functions are done so poorly and do not represent player skill.

The moment we take this spreadsheet anywhere that could mean anything I'm restricting it to explicit view permission only, which will require email accounts tied to your ability to view it, since it's googledocs.

You don't have any stake in this. You don't understand. Get off your high horse and stop breeding conflict in this thread.
Last edited by Neelpos on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Platty
Bathtub Meth Sold Here!
<font color=#BF8000>Bathtub Meth Sold Here!</font>

Post by Platty » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:07 am

loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 am

Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Archer

Post by Archer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 am

As pointed out elsewhere, that last line is a little GLaDoS-ish.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:11 am

mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
marbear

Post by marbear » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:19 am

Neelpos wrote:
You don't play with us Marbear, your comment is filled with assumption based off that. You're rallying against something that hasn't happened, in fact literally nothing will change if from this point forward I decide to delete the spreadsheet or not. The release of information is at this moment is only towards people who explicitly ask and under the understanding that the information will not be publicly posted, and that any columns built off functions are done so poorly and do not represent player skill.

The moment we take this spreadsheet anywhere that could mean anything I'm restricting it to explicit view permission only, which will require email accounts tied to your ability to view it, since it's googledocs.

You don't have any stake in this. You don't understand. Get off your high horse and stop breeding conflict in this thread.
I played plenty enough with you all this summer. I do understand. Get off of your own high horse; it's absurd to tell me that I can't have an opinion.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:21 am

marbear wrote:I played plenty enough with you all this summer.
It's April of 2014.