Sven Coop Night 7/26/14

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Sven Coop Night 7/26/14

Post by A Ninja » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:28 am

I know it's short notice, but I was thinking we could do a night of Sven Coop this weekend, especially considering there has been an update and a few maps added since we last played.

In order to play the game, all you need is to own Half Life 1 on steam, and then go to http://www.svencoop.com/files.php and download the Sven Coop files. It's pretty straightforward, but if you need help add me on steam and Ill gladly walk you through it.

As to what map we could play, that all depends on how many of us show up. Unless someone is willing to host a server I was just thinking of us pub crawling, but I am open to suggestions.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
prolix

Re: Sven Coop Night 7/26/14

Post by prolix » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:30 am

I think the files from the last SmS we did of this are still either on my harddrive or on the server, i'll have to check it out. Either way i'm down as fuck for this.
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Just checked out the server list and there's plenty to choose from and a lot of them will still probably be empty even when the weekend rolls around.

I'll definitely join if you guys are still playing by the time I get home from work.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:59 pm

I'll play.

Do we only need the main files?
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Eviltechie wrote:I'll play.

Do we only need the main files?
Should just need Half Life 1 installed and the Sven Co-Op installer and you're good to go. Make sure to run HL1 at least once for it to actually recognize Sven.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Love sven coop, i'm down
prolix

Post by prolix » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Maha wrote:Just checked out the server list and there's plenty to choose from and a lot of them will still probably be empty even when the weekend rolls around.

I'll definitely join if you guys are still playing by the time I get home from work.
The problem with playing on an empty server is sometimes there are map breaking bugs that only an admin can fix, goodluck getting an admin on empty server

it would only take me an hour to set a server up imho
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:06 pm

prolix wrote:
Maha wrote:Just checked out the server list and there's plenty to choose from and a lot of them will still probably be empty even when the weekend rolls around.

The problem with playing on an empty server is sometimes there are map breaking bugs that only an admin can fix, goodluck getting an admin on empty server

Well if you did, I'm sure there's enough people available tonight to make sure it all works. I'm looking forward to this, myself.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:53 am

prolix wrote:

Would you mind doing that? I'd certainly appreciate it
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
prolix

Post by prolix » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:52 am

Will be easy. I managed to find the last SmS copy we used back in 2011 on my old external drive, fuck yes.

It still has admin plugins and everything all I have to do is update it to 4.8 from 4.5 sven

oh shit even found the old thread too http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?p=860004#p860004

*update* HLDSUpdateTool.exe is deprecated now and the content delivery system for it is shut down, time to figure out steamCMD for "valve" and "gearbox" daemon delivery

either way i should have a server running by say noon sat

ip will be gmod.joe.to for now untill i redirect sms.joe.to to the newer server

this is from last time heres a short video
prolix wrote:vid and a few pics from tonight

loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:38 pm

So do i just need to download the installer or do i need all of the map packs as well?
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:02 pm

I'm thinking maybe 7-8 PST we start so the east coast folks can play too, but I'll be playing all night anyway.

Also, I recommend everyone start up the game early and try joining a random server, to make sure that the game works for you before we start.
prolix

Post by prolix » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:22 pm

A Ninja wrote:I'm thinking maybe 7-8 PST we start so the east coast folks can play too, but I'll be playing all night anyway.

Also, I recommend everyone start up the game early and try joining a random server, to make sure that the game works for you before we start.
yeah you're prob right, updated time to reflect that

TIME IS 9PM EST 6PM PST FUCK YOU STOP ASKING TO CHANGE TIME Kappa
Cheddars

Post by Cheddars » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:09 pm

can you change the time

greyface