Sven Co-op v5.0 Progress News

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
mr.solokiller

Re: Sven Co-op v5.0 Progress News

Post by mr.solokiller » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:50 am

New update:
Remember that news update we promised to deliver many weeks ago? Of course you don't, but in case you do, we are sorry. We ran out of Ritalin for our trained team of monkeys who write our news updates, and the only one who could hold his concentration long enough to write a news update was our top monkey Nih, who is writing right now. In this small update we would like to just go over a couple of the new features that are in store for 5.0. First on the table is Toon Run. Its creator Koelzk, has returned to give this beloved map series a makeover. Some areas have been reworked and some areas are completely new. And there are some pretty imaginative ideas. We're not going to spoil the entire surprise, but we are going to show you a couple of screenshots:

Next on the table is "item_inventory". This game entity can be seen in the change log we posted earlier, but we would like to introduce it a bit more. To this purpose, AdamR has recorded a video where he demonstrates some of the possible uses, seen below. We hope to be able to demonstrate how this feature can be used in a real map in our initial release.

That is all for now. We hope to be able to deliver another news update at some unspecified point in the near-to-far future. Perhaps before Christmas?.. Scratch that, let's just say near-to-far future.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Impressive! It will be nice to play a fresh version of toonrun, and the all of those uses for item_inventory are blowing my mind with the possibilities.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:23 pm

item_inventory is jesus
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:22 pm

SO i have installed the mod on my new-used rig and all i get is game audio. I cant see anytghing. I assume because its running the graphics on high and since its a super old game, the graphics wont display. Help me ninja. Your my only hope lol.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
prolix

Post by prolix » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:48 pm

Hippie of doom wrote:SO i have installed the mod on my new-used rig and all i get is game audio. I cant see anytghing. I assume because its running the graphics on high and since its a super old game, the graphics wont display. Help me ninja. Your my only hope lol.

Code: Select all

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: ok hang on leme check
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: the options
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: change set launch options to this
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: -gl  -full -w 1920 -h 1080 -freq 60
[OBC] Santa of Doom.j2: just like that?
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: yeah copy paste
[OBC] Santa of Doom.j2: roger
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: ops
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: theres a space between -gl
[OBC] Santa of Doom.j2: its working
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: -gl -full -w 1920 -h 1080 -freq 60
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\: cool deal
^ fixed - if anyone else has this issue use that command in launch options for sven/halflife
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:00 pm

yes, thank you Prolix for the help.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Maha

Post by Maha » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:39 pm

So Sven Coop wen?
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Maha wrote:So Sven Coop wen?
I'm working on term papers, I'll play after the 8th
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
mr.solokiller

Post by mr.solokiller » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:59 am

Solokiller wrote: In case anyone's interested, i added remote control support to vehicles. You can even have both a driver and a remote controller using it at the same time!
Posting it here in case anyone's interested.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:05 pm

mr.solokiller wrote:
Solokiller wrote: In case anyone's interested, i added remote control support to vehicles. You can even have both a driver and a remote controller using it at the same time!
Posting it here in case anyone's interested.
Awesome! RC racing here we go. I wonder what other possibilities this adds.
bh :)

Post by bh :) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:30 am

I'm excited to hear the project is still moving forward after all these years. Hopefully people will still have the same excitement as I do in terms of Sven Coop's survival :)

Also glad to hear about func_vehicle. I'll play when I get time.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:32 am

bh :) wrote:I'm excited to hear the project is still moving forward after all these years. Hopefully people will still have the same excitement as I do in terms of Sven Coop's survival :)

Also glad to hear about func_vehicle. I'll play when I get time.
There's still plenty of excitement to go around, in fact the old snarkcafe server was just restarted the other day, a lot of old players are coming back.
Maha

Post by Maha » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:24 pm

I'm not really sure how Steam Groups work but do you need permissions to post events to the group? I feel like we'd get a better draw from more people when we can announce globally when were playing.