Sven Co-op Map Test 11/16

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Sven Co-op Map Test 11/16

Post by A Ninja » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Hey guys, a few of us had the pleasure of playing a WIP ctf map in SC earlier this week made by Tuesday's Avenger, complete with different class loadouts similar to those of TFC or Science & Industry mod. Here's an older video of what it looks like before classes were added

Anyway, I talked to Tuesday, and we both thought it could be fun to get some more people in on the action for better feedback. He'll be putting up the server Sunday evening, with a time TBD (I'll edit the post when I find out) and I will post a dropbox beforehand for the map files to avoid slow server download times.

If you want to participate, make sure you are running v4.8 of Sven Co-op, and if you have any questions feel free to PM me on steam beforehand.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Re: Sven Co-op Map Test 11/16

Post by Chaos Wake » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Holy shit Tuesday's Avenger. I thought I recognized that name in the newly registered and I did.

This looks fucking awesome, I'll glaaaaaaaaadly participate.

Also hope the map comes with those models because those are THE AESTHETIC compared to the overly detailed ones that are default.
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:41 am

Wait this is a HL1 mod right? Aren't those Source engine textures?
Tuesday's Avenger

Post by Tuesday's Avenger » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi all! Thanks to Ninja and everybody who's taken an interest in the map - it's a really cool feeling to have other people want to play something you've been working on. I have a whole page of notes based on everyone's feedback from a few nights ago, and they've been a huge help.
A Ninja wrote:He'll be putting up the server Sunday evening, with a time TBD (I'll edit the post when I find out) and I will post a dropbox beforehand for the map files to avoid slow server download times.
Let's do 2pm EST on Sunday? I'm probably going to be massively hung over.
Chaos Wake wrote:Also hope the map comes with those models because those are THE AESTHETIC compared to the overly detailed ones that are default.
All the custom models for the map (class playermodels, grunt NPCs, team sentry guns, etc.) are low-def; I'm a big fan of using the original style models in the goldsrc engine. The weapon models I'm using are actually all available in the community made LD pack.
AMMO wrote:Wait this is a HL1 mod right? Aren't those Source engine textures?
I'm actually using a goldsrc dev texture WAD made by JPolito, available here.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:24 pm

2 pm EST is kind of early for us west coasters (11 am), could you do it a bit later?
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:04 pm

Yooo, do I have you guys(A Ninja and Tuesday Avenger's) consent to post about this on the front page?

It would be complete with images, the full first post by A Ninja, and the information about possible test times.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Go for it, I'm sure Tuesday would enjoy a few more extra players, not that many people have HL1 or SC nowadays
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:09 pm

Awesome. I feel like most j2ers have access to half life at least and can download sven coop if their interested.

Also would be a good way to start giving collaborations and playtesting official support here on joe.to.

Might lead to some great things once Sven Coop 5.0 launches.

EDIT: Its now on the front page
Tuesday's Avenger

Post by Tuesday's Avenger » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:18 pm

A Ninja wrote:2 pm EST is kind of early for us west coasters (11 am), could you do it a bit later?
Definitely! Sorry, earlier times are a habit for me now; I'm used to trying to catch the European elements of the SC team before they all go to bed. Let's do 7pm EST (4pm PST)?
Chaos Wake wrote:EDIT: Its now on the front page
You guys know how to roll out the welcome mat. I really appreciate it. :D
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:43 pm

That test time sounds good, I can put that up on the front if thats what we're going with.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Yea just updating the existing post would work.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:01 pm

he's finishing the map compile then I'll post the download link.
Malone

Post by Malone » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:09 pm

SC Is crashing for some reason. Otherwise I'd be happy to test this beast. Imma see if I can revive it a bit just for this night.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Malone wrote:SC Is crashing for some reason. Otherwise I'd be happy to test this beast. Imma see if I can revive it a bit just for this night.
Hop in mumble with us and we may be able to help you out
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:11 pm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/199 ... beta16.zip
tu3sday: connect 69.243.106.8:27015